Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Brotherston talks the raps

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1659

It's a lot of "STEVE WHO IS THE NEW COACH GONNA BE??!?!?" but there's a few interesting tidbits in there, specifically (the raps supposed thoughts) on Alabi and Bargs. He also apparently gets the feeling Lawrence Frank is the front-runner, which i agree with.
    @sweatpantsjer

re: the whole Flynn thing, i think he's right that if the trade happens, its just going to be a straight up jose for flynn type move.

Also interesting he said the twolves are asking for a veteran big man for the #2 pick. Considering how high on D. Williams BC seems to be, i wonder if he floats a bargs+jose =flynn+#2 trade? No idea if that works on paper but i'd roll with it.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      re: the whole Flynn thing, i think he's right that if the trade happens, its just going to be a straight up jose for flynn type move.

Also interesting he said the twolves are asking for a veteran big man for the #2 pick. Considering how high on D. Williams BC seems to be, i wonder if he floats a bargs+jose =flynn+#2 trade? No idea if that works on paper but i'd roll with it.
      Jose and Bargs is a lotta salary. I doubt that would work straight up.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6anxosj

Add the #2 pick on Minny's side. Best I could come up with by involving only the Raptors and T'Wolves. I still think Minny would want a little something more if they don't acquire our 5th pick. If the 5th pick is in there, I'd say it's a done deal.

Minny: + Get's rid of Flynn/Ridnour, room for Jose/Rubio
        + J. Johnson helps them on the wings where they are weak
        + Some throw-ins (Alabi + TPE)
        + Bargnani can provide much needed offense for Minny up-front
        - They take on a lot of salary (Bargnani/Calderon)
        - Bargnani may not be the "veteran big" they are looking for (in regards to #2 pick)
        - Older, no draft pick

Raptors: + Get's rid of Calderon's contract
        + Bargnani situation resolved
        + Acquire Flynn (good young competition at PG)
        + Webster helps fill void at SF
        + #2 Pick for D. Williams (#5 pick for Kanter/Valanciunas?)
        - No room for Ridnour, too expensive to be a 3rd string PG
        - Pekovic replaces Alabi's spot on the bench, but his seat costs almost 4mil more.

Comment

Good to hear about alabi I still am pulling for him.

The only way barg stays is if he comes off the bench but that will not happen so he needs to be traded.

Comment

Ah, brothersteve... http://sbrother.wordpress.com/

We'll actually take credit for getting that guy popular.

I hope he gets a beat writer gig with the Raps or something, he's really angling for it. Still though, that chat was pretty much pointless, gotta love this:

Adeleman is getting a little long in the tooth to take on another rebuild - but I'd bet he'd like another NBA head coaching pay check next season. No question, he is a very good coach.

Rick Adelman doesn't give a shit about money, he's looking to be a GM now (for the Blazers). At 64, he's done looking for pay cheques, he wants prestige and a break from NBA travel.

Comment

I found the bit about alabi having a bad knee and recovering well nice to hear. It'll be interesting if he can produce anything next year.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

he seemed to have a little explosion in the couple games there at the end. he was defensive player on the year in his conference. it'll be interesting to see how much he progresses next season.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  I found the bit about alabi having a bad knee and recovering well nice to hear. It'll be interesting if he can produce anything next year.
                  it would be nice to see something from him... but it definetely didn't look promising last year.

Comment

Working...
                  X