Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: How about Biedrins..?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default How about Biedrins..?

    I worked out a trade that would get us Flynn and Biedrins

    I've always liked Biedrins and this would allow us to put Bargnani at the 4 , i'd even be in favor of getting rid of Amir if we could get something in return. However chances are we'll go for a SF via free agency due to the amount available. As an optimist I'll say we get T.Prince for now. Biedrins can rebound the ball very well and provide a presence.

    Toronto (Biedrins, Flynn)
    Minnesota (Calderon)
    Golden St. ( Kleiza, Milicic)

    C -Biedrins
    PF - Bargnani
    SF - Prince
    SG - Derozan
    PG - Bayless/Flynn

    I would rather this happen then getting rid of Bargs in favor of getting a 3 for him and then having nothing up front but Amir and Davis.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sheptor wrote: View Post
    I worked out a trade that would get us Flynn and Biedrins

    I've always liked Biedrins and this would allow us to put Bargnani at the 4 , i'd even be in favor of getting rid of Amir if we could get something in return. However chances are we'll go for a SF via free agency due to the amount available. As an optimist I'll say we get T.Prince for now. Biedrins can rebound the ball very well and provide a presence.

    Toronto (Biedrins, Flynn)
    Minnesota (Calderon)
    Golden St. ( Kleiza, Milicic)

    C -Biedrins
    PF - Bargnani
    SF - Prince
    SG - Derozan
    PG - Bayless/Flynn

    I would rather this happen then getting rid of Bargs in favor of getting a 3 for him and then having nothing up front but Amir and Davis.
    First off I as all for getting Biedrins before, however it was pointed out to me that his D has disappeared. After looking at his advanced stats, he is a very expensive pylon, with D comparable to Bargnani without the offense.

    Prince is rumoured to the Clippers, and would be more inclined to go there or imo Orlando as they seek out options to keep Howard. I think NJ would also be an option.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I dont like it.
    1.) Only player on that team that is an average defender is Prince. Derozan could become decent, but bayless,Bargnani and Biedrins all stink. As well as the fact that Prince waasnt part of the trade and probably would not want to come here.
    2.) GS gets nothing in this trade. Kleiza is out until January and Darko just sucks in general.
    3.) Amir, Davis, Dorsey, and Reggie is alright Frontcourt for now. We can get another piece next year and they will continue to get better (other than Reggie)

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote bballnut27 wrote: View Post
    I dont like it.
    1.) Only player on that team that is an average defender is Prince. Derozan could become decent, but bayless,Bargnani and Biedrins all stink. As well as the fact that Prince waasnt part of the trade and probably would not want to come here.
    2.) GS gets nothing in this trade. Kleiza is out until January and Darko just sucks in general.
    3.) Amir, Davis, Dorsey, and Reggie is alright Frontcourt for now. We can get another piece next year and they will continue to get better (other than Reggie)
    GS has Lee taking minutes away and Milicic could also be replaced by Pekovic in this trade. This trade is done of course without knowing who we draft or knowing if we trade the pick before draft night. Prince is ideal but I said I was being optimistic, there are a number of SF available this year and WE WILL be signing one of them or making a trade for one because JJ and Kleiza are not/should not be starters next year. Amir, Davis, and Reggie are not good enough in the front court. Biedrins at least would provide rbs and some pt production unlike Reggie who only gives us rbs. Bargnani is our best asset and should stick it out with this team at least until the trade deadline. Trading him now based on his market value to me is a big mistake. It's the rest of the team that needs changing. Also we get Flynn which is bound to happen someway or another plus we receive a Good centre all for Kleiza and his contract, and Jose who is out the door anyway. GS might never do this deal but its just one scenario..we need someone at the 5, say what u want about \Bargs but he is right about playing at teh 4..he's just outmatched at teh 5... then if things are still bleak move Bargs. IDC what anyone says Davis, DeRozan are never going to be players you build around. DeRozna is the next Josh Howard and Davis is the next Nazr Mohammed.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I disagree with almost everything you just said.
    Have we been watching the same Toronto Raptors?

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sheptor wrote: View Post
    GS has Lee taking minutes away and Milicic could also be replaced by Pekovic in this trade. This trade is done of course without knowing who we draft or knowing if we trade the pick before draft night. Prince is ideal but I said I was being optimistic, there are a number of SF available this year and WE WILL be signing one of them or making a trade for one because JJ and Kleiza are not/should not be starters next year. Amir, Davis, and Reggie are not good enough in the front court. Biedrins at least would provide rbs and some pt production unlike Reggie who only gives us rbs. Bargnani is our best asset and should stick it out with this team at least until the trade deadline. Trading him now based on his market value to me is a big mistake. It's the rest of the team that needs changing. Also we get Flynn which is bound to happen someway or another plus we receive a Good centre all for Kleiza and his contract, and Jose who is out the door anyway. GS might never do this deal but its just one scenario..we need someone at the 5, say what u want about \Bargs but he is right about playing at teh 4..he's just outmatched at teh 5... then if things are still bleak move Bargs. IDC what anyone says Davis, DeRozan are never going to be players you build around. DeRozna is the next Josh Howard and Davis is the next Nazr Mohammed.
    Bargnani is not a PF. His D is bad against centers (21.1), but is downright atrocious againt PF's (31.8!!!!!) It's as if he gives them the keys to the city, a coke and a smile and shuts the f&*k up! Bargnani is an offensive player only and THAT is someone you cannot build around.

    And to BBalls' point, nice that you think that you can only give up Kleiza et al, but Kleiza is down for the count on surgery until perhaps January, and may never come back from that surgery, at least some do but we shall see. NO GM, even Kahn will take Kleiza in a trade until he a) comes back, and b) shows he can actually play again.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks man

    I was going to argue about Bargs as well, but I figured that if he couldnt be convinced by the Bargs thread I wouldnt convince him here. I also did not want to start a flaming war.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is not a PF. His D is bad against centers (21.1), but is downright atrocious againt PF's (31.8!!!!!) It's as if he gives them the keys to the city, a coke and a smile and shuts the f&*k up! Bargnani is an offensive player only and THAT is someone you cannot build around.

    And to BBalls' point, nice that you think that you can only give up Kleiza et al, but Kleiza is down for the count on surgery until perhaps January, and may never come back from that surgery, at least some do but we shall see. NO GM, even Kahn will take Kleiza in a trade until he a) comes back, and b) shows he can actually play again.
    If you don't delete the bolded section, I will. lol

    Hopefully no other GM's know this.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If you don't delete the bolded section, I will. lol

    Hopefully no other GM's know this.
    +1

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If you don't delete the bolded section, I will. lol

    Hopefully no other GM's know this.
    Ooops sorry. Ssshshh

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Who's Josh Howard?
    @jerboat

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Who's Josh Howard?
    Dwight's Brother?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •