Miami Cheat, NBA Flop Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If you discovered something that helps you to wins, and is not illegal, is well within the rules, would you do it or would you foresake it for the integrity of the game?
    And really, does this not draw more ire because the team in question is Miami. If this was San Antonio (despite having arguably one of the game's biggest floppers in Ginobili), you probably wouldn't hear a peep.
    It may draw more ire right now because they are in the finals, but a point I have made repeatedly, I don't give a flying **** who is doing it (my team or another's, and for the record when I see a player from my favoured team doing I just shake my head at it) - I think the rules should be changed. This is my opinion, and it appears it is Heinz' as well. Will it happen? Who knows, but this is a fan site filled with...opinions and comments.
    My points, if you care to read them, are around jumping shoulder first into an airborne player (not so difficult to call) as well as flopping, slapping your own wrist etc. This started in the Jordan and Reggie Miller (leg-kick anyone?) era, and while yes it allows them to get ahead and win, It's cheap. I am NOT saying they should gain morals and not do it if is legal, I AM saying make it against the rules. Period. Right, wrong or indifferent about whether a player should do it to get ahead because it is allowed, I am saying over and over make it not allowed. It cheapens the game. In my opinion it cheapens the player. Be it Kobe, Gasol, Bosh, Lebron, Reggie, Jordan or whoever else does this/has done this. Was it legal, it appears so. Did it help them win? More than likely at the very least put them into a position to.
    As a multi-decade fan, I am disappointed this has become so prevalent, and think in the interest of the SPORT it should be banned.

As for whether a flop can be judged, I agree it can be difficult hence why there are some non-calls. We are not JUST talking about flops. For the record the league did try to address some of this with the little circle around the basket. It helped some there with flops, they need to do more. I am not convinced it is so far-fetched they would not consider it.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      The nut kicking thing is a bit off because every guy knows that you never go for the family jewels, no matter the situation - it's almost an unwritten rule that goes without saying, but I do know the point you're making.
      if im told there's no rule against nut kicking... im nut kicking.

its like lay & pray wrestling... there's no rule against it.. and it is technically offensive aggression.. but everyone knows exactly what it really is... it's dry humping another dude for 15-25 minutes..

and TONS of fighters win that way... and there's nothing wrong with winning that way..... as disturbing as it is for fight fans to watch

Comment

Working...
      X