• Miami Cheat, NBA Flop Stars

Wade's

LeBron's

Chris'

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

It's more the blatant travelling that bothers me
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dude, my blood-pressure is already high enough. I wrote Doug Smith about his opinions on this, and he responded in his "mailbag" that he basically doesn't give a shit, and the league doesn't give a shit. I give a shit. It ruins the game for me, just like pansy-ass soccer players flailing over invisible trip wires makes soccer almost unwatchable. Flopping is bullshit and I don't know how Bosh, Wade, leBron's conscience can let them do it. The league doesn't care and the play by play announcers laugh it off. Its sad but what can you do?
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        It's more the blatant travelling that bothers me
        tell me about it. How about double dribbling? I see so many times where its not called, and Wade/LeBron are the worst culprits.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

This really does push my buttons. Especially the excessive wink given by James. Screw you Miami Heat! Lets go Mavs!!
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

MIami showed that they have some big ones last night. Good on them for taking home court back.

Comment

My view on flops is that if somebody on your own team does it and helps the club then nobody is complaining. If the Mavs don't like the flops then one of them should hit the trio hard enough that they really fall down.

Comment

I agree with you Apollo, see Kidd last night when Bosh tried to get that rebound off Chandler, he poked the shit out Bosh's eye , then Bosh when into Beast Mode.
                So that wouldn't work the Mavs just need to ask Kobe and Fish for flop acting lessons, then Terry, Marion and Dirk can get all the calls they desire.

Comment

Best to go to the master. Call up Vlade. He's not doing much these days.

Comment

my problem with flopping isn't so much with the players... like, if you know you can get away with it.. why wouldn't you try?

my problem is with the officiating, and the NBA for not taking action.. hell, if the refs access to replays... sure it would slow down the game a bit, but it'd also deter players from trying.

i mean, look at bosh.. we saw it here for years... when he legitimately goes down.. he goes straight down.. his pain threshold is weak.. he gets hit, gets weak, and falls straight down... but when he flops, he looks like the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man... after all these years, how can the officials not pick up on that body language being him pretending?

Comment

If I was Carlos Boozer next season, when Bosh tries to post up like he did in that clip, I'll pull a D12 and elbow the shit out his nose and have him looking like Rich Franklin after Silva annihilated him.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                        If I was Carlos Boozer next season, when Bosh tries to post up like he did in that clip, I'll pull a D12 and elbow the shit out his nose and have him looking like Rich Franklin after Silva annihilated him.
                        And then Boozer gets suspended for 5 games. How does that help his team?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          And then Boozer gets suspended for 5 games. How does that help his team?
                          Actually that might just help the Bulls. Taj Gibson playing more minutes is great news for Chicago.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            my problem with flopping isn't so much with the players... like, if you know you can get away with it.. why wouldn't you try?

my problem is with the officiating, and the NBA for not taking action.. hell, if the refs access to replays... sure it would slow down the game a bit, but it'd also deter players from trying.

i mean, look at bosh.. we saw it here for years... when he legitimately goes down.. he goes straight down.. his pain threshold is weak.. he gets hit, gets weak, and falls straight down... but when he flops, he looks like the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man... after all these years, how can the officials not pick up on that body language being him pretending?
                            Yep I get pissed at this crap too, even actually when my own team's players do it. I definitely think rule changes should come including jumping INTO a defender in the air should either not be a foul or should be a Offensive foul. If a guy jumps at you and lands on you sure, but jumping forward shoulder first into an airborne player is blatant crap in my view. Flopping, griping, winking after bs'ing a foul call, jumping into a player to 'draw' a foul should all become techs and loss of possession imo.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                              Yep I get pissed at this crap too, even actually when my own team's players do it. I definitely think rule changes should come including jumping INTO a defender in the air should either not be a foul or should be a Offensive foul. If a guy jumps at you and lands on you sure, but jumping forward shoulder first into an airborne player is blatant crap in my view. Flopping, griping, winking after bs'ing a foul call, jumping into a player to 'draw' a foul should all become techs and loss of possession imo.
                              Couldn't agree more. I never liked that lame jumping into an airborne defender foul call either. Announcers say that the player has awareness and call it a veteran move and generally praise a player when he does it. I've never heard anyone on TV say they don't like it or criticize a player for doing it, but I think it is lame.

I think having to "earn" respect from the refs so you get calls is bullshit also. There is definitely a double standard; the stars of the league get treated one way by refs and everyone else gets treated differently.

Comment

Working...
                              X