Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ettore Messina out of Raptors Head Coach Running, Goes to Lakers

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    What does it matter where he's from as long as he can coach? That's a pretty ignorant statement. Have you read up on his accomplishments? Have you taken a look at his record when it comes to coaching?
    i want someone who has coached in the nba already...i really don't care for what he has done with lesser talent in europe
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mangokid wrote: View Post
    it's still a very ignorant statement and he's been warned on multiple occasions in regards to posts similar to the one he has made in this thread.

Messina's teams in which he has coached had players from all over the globe, so i'm sure most of the communication to the players was done in english.
    how am i being racist bro? Wow! All i said is i don't want a euro coach!

Post Thanks / Like

I seriously don't understand what is going on here... We come on here to share our opinions...i have seen people say worst stuff on here but i don't see them getting ripped into...do you guys on here have something against me?

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly i can't believe what is going on here...i seriously thought u guys were better than this...everytime i say something you ppl seem to wanna rip into me

Post Thanks / Like

This is raptors nation and i love all you guys like brothers but i don't appreciate you guys getting offended with simple things i say...

Post Thanks / Like

Listen bro, when you say things like "I don;t want a Euro coach", it pretty much leaves itself up for interpretation. Instead of saying "I don't want a European coach", couldn't you have just said something simple like "He's never coached in the NBA" or "He has no experience in the NBA at a head coaching level, so I would prefer that the Raptors went in an opposite direction".

You're not the martyr in this whole situation. It's yourself that you should be blaming. Your choice of words were very poor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    i want someone who has coached in the nba already...i really don't care for what he has done with lesser talent in europe
    What other coaches have come over from Europe to land an NBA head coaching position? The only one that comes off the top of my head is Mike D'Antoni, and he's had a pretty decent career so far. I don't see a problem with grabbing a coach from Europe - in the end, we'd still be getting a guy who has coached in a professional league where men making a living, it's not like he's coaching kids at an NCAA level. That's more of a difficult transition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    how am i being racist bro? Wow! All i said is i don't want a euro coach!
    On the surface with no expanding on the comment, it's a pretty distateful statement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information