The #1 asset I'd be after if I were BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The #1 asset I'd be after if I were BC

The Clippers hold Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first round pick. In a strong draft, the chance to double dip in the top 10 could give the team a huge influx of talent.

What do you think it would take to pry this from the Clippers?

If it were me, I'd offer Bargs, Barbosa, and this year's #5 pick for Mo Williams, DeAndre Jordan in a sign and trade, and the 2012 pick. You'd probably need a sweetener though, or to swap Jordan for Kaman and hope LA adds a 2nd rounder. Either way I'd love to deal Bargs for the pick. He and Barbosa would put asses in the seats alongside Blake Griffin, and as far as I can tell that's all Sterling cares about, so you never know!

good call if im BC i better be pulling off a top 10 double dip in next years draft. It is very possible look at Minnesota and LAC or OKC in the past. They stocked piled draft picks in the same draft. we should do that. With the core that we have right now a few good pieces in the 2012 draft, it should take us a very long way in the future.
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Not so sure it will be a good call. As the CBA stands next years draft will be strong, but if proposed changes go through, 8-10 of the projected lottery picks will not be eligible including the proj. #1 overall and many players we would likely be interested in.

Comment

If the Clippers traded away their OWN pick in this year's draft at the trade deadline, I don't think they'd want any part of this deal - and certainly don't want to take on Bargnani.

Comment

Not a bad idea, but I do not think it would be a good thing to do, looking at the teams the Wolves and Clippers will have next year... I don't think they're going to be that bad.

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
            He and Barbosa would put asses in the seats alongside Blake Griffin, and as far as I can tell that's all Sterling cares about, so you never know!
            I doubt Barbosa and Bargnani would put more asses in seats than DeAndre Jordan would by himself (not even including the potential top 10 pick). Besides, the Clippers won't deal Jordan, I believe they want him as their centre of the future.

Comment

I almost had an orgasm visioning Kabongo/Teague throwing alley-oop passes to Demar and Deandre
              Last edited by keefec; Wed Jun 8, 2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X