Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Raptors register interest in Mike Woodson, Dwayne Casey and Lawrence Frank.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Woodson wouldn't be a bad choice at this stage in the game.
    bleah - he is my least favorite of the three - he fumbled the ball a lot in ATL. Had to stave off a mutiny at one point. Frank would be stellar and DC could be perfect.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    bleah - he is my least favorite of the three - he fumbled the ball a lot in ATL. Had to stave off a mutiny at one point. Frank would be stellar and DC could be perfect.
    Woodson's teams in Atlanta improved every year he was there. I don't understand how he fumbled the ball a lot.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget about these guys. Toronto should name Andrea a player/coach. Have them stink it up for the year winning maybe 1-3 games and then claiming one of the top picks in next years draft

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think it had more to do with issues between the GM (Morey) and Adelman.
    Yes, and that Adelman wanted to groom one of his guys to take over but told who he should be teaching.

Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    Casey would be an excellent choice. He still has something to prove in the HC ranks. The Warriors are taking a long look at him and Frank but haven't made up their minds yet. Hopefully BC can sign his guy before someone else does.
    I definitely have grown to like Casey as the next coach. I still prefer Adelman (and the dual coach/GM/asstGM thing could be an enticement as he can do a few years coaching, groom a replacement and move 100% upstairs), but Casey is a very close 2nd. Frank not as much, and I would be good with Woodson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one that really does not want Frank as our next coach?
    No, you are not not alone. There are 6 or 7 of us....

Raptors Republic Rookie rapsfan2011's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kelvin Sampson is perfect for the raps. Lots of expierence in college with Indiana, Wash St, Spurs advisor in the nba, Good at developing young players, has a rep for defense , toughness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rapsfan2011 wrote: View Post
    I think Kelvin Sampson is perfect for the raps. Lots of expierence in college with Indiana, Wash St, Spurs advisor in the nba, Good at developing young players, has a rep for defense , toughness.
    I don't think Triano would fire Triano only to replace him with someone who doesn't have a pro-level track record. It gets hairy when you deal with collegiate coaches. It doesn't always translate (Pitino, Callipari, Tim Floyd)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Woodson's teams in Atlanta improved every year he was there. I don't understand how he fumbled the ball a lot.
    Woodson managed to win 50 games and a playoff series - Raps could get someone a lot worse than him.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Can someone give me a break down of what we get from Frank, Woodson, and Casey? I don't know any of them and I wouldn't know what to expect!
    Why don't you enlighten yourself? Then you'll be able to enlighten others.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    Why don't you enlighten yourself? Then you'll be able to enlighten others.
    k you're like the third to crack a similar joke about my username during my short career here at rr, ive been using this as a username for years on almost every internet account! dont hate.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

k you're like the third to crack a similar joke about my username during my short career here at rr, ive been using this as a username for years on almost every internet account! dont hate.
    Dude don't worry about it. They'll get passed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly Frank withdrew his name from GSW.

Personally, on the list of Woodson, Casey, and Frank the previous was my order of preference.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone hoping for Mark Jackson can now rest easy, he just signed with GSW as per Mark Stein's Twitter.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Rookie HuskyRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that leaves Indiana and Detroit to find coaches

Im hoping BC is just waiting for the finals to finish so he can hire Dwane Casey

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Keith Smart? He was able to make Golden State exceed expectations last year and should of been given the chance to continue on his progress.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

man raps need adelman or jeff van gundy if they wanna be an elite team these mediocre coaches will only get u so far

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JVG is a good coach with tons of experience and solid defensive schemes. But could anyone in their right mind listen through several seasons of his annoying, nagging, irksome, grindingly irritating voice? It would make me gnaw out my brain from exasperation.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

No hate intended. I was simply suggesting that instead of asking someone else to do a breakdown of what to expect from three coaches that you put in the time and effort yourself so you can glean whatever it is you are looking for.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one that really does not want Frank as our next coach?
    The candidate who worries me is Casey. This young team is used to Triano's way of communicating and by all accounts Casey is a screamer. Not that Triano's way produced wins but throwing this group into a drastically different environment may not be constructive. The better choice IMO would be Woodson or Frank. I remember hearing how Dallas eventually tuned out resident screamer HC Avery Johnson after a while.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...nt-dwane-casey

"Coach Casey? Great guy, always prepared,” said Dallas’s Peja Stojakovic. “He just knows how to get you ready and if you don’t do what you’re supposed to, you’re going to hear it about it.”

“He is intense, very intense,” Dallas’s J.J. Barea told the Houston Chronicle when Casey was up for the Rockets job. “Every play he’s screaming. He brings a lot of energy.

“You better do things right. If not, he’s going to be talking to you. Every play he is screaming something or talking to someone.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote camanda wrote: View Post
    The candidate who worries me is Casey. This young team is used to Triano's way of communicating and by all accounts Casey is a screamer. Not that Triano's way produced wins but throwing this group into a drastically different environment may not be constructive. The better choice IMO would be Woodson or Frank. I remember hearing how Dallas eventually tuned out resident screamer HC Avery Johnson after a while.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...nt-dwane-casey

"Coach Casey? Great guy, always prepared,” said Dallas’s Peja Stojakovic. “He just knows how to get you ready and if you don’t do what you’re supposed to, you’re going to hear it about it.”

“He is intense, very intense,” Dallas’s J.J. Barea told the Houston Chronicle when Casey was up for the Rockets job. “Every play he’s screaming. He brings a lot of energy.

“You better do things right. If not, he’s going to be talking to you. Every play he is screaming something or talking to someone.”
    After watching the apathy displayed by Toronto the last 3 years, I think this would be a welcome change.

Screaming and yelling is fine if it is productive. If he is calling the players down or insulting them, that is a problem but if he is intense and make constructive, positive remarks that is good teaching/coaching. From the remarks of the players it would appear he has their respect and there I would guess, i.e. in my opinion, it should like he is constructive and respectful in his coaching and teaching.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information