Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ESPN: Raptors register interest in Mike Woodson, Dwayne Casey and Lawrence Frank.

Post Thanks / Like

A good head coach needs to understand psychology. You can't scream at everybody and expect results. One guy it might work, the next guy might tune you out permanently.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    A good head coach needs to understand psychology. You can't scream at everybody and expect results. One guy it might work, the next guy might tune you out permanently.
    Very true. A good head coach also ensures accountability among his team.

After Adelman (not interested, supposedly) and Woodson (smart money appears to be Detroit given history), the most realistic options appear to be Frank and Casey. Personally, I'd rather go with Casey.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    After watching the apathy displayed by Toronto the last 3 years, I think this would be a welcome change.

Screaming and yelling is fine if it is productive. If he is calling the players down or insulting them, that is a problem but if he is intense and make constructive, positive remarks that is good teaching/coaching. From the remarks of the players it would appear he has their respect and there I would guess, i.e. in my opinion, it should like he is constructive and respectful in his coaching and teaching.
    Agreed. As someone with no inside connections (obviously) I should defer to the players and insiders who know Casey best. And if he is indeed the disciplinarian/teacher type then that IS the next step in the progression this squad needs. Hopefully, BC is thinking the same way

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information