Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HW:Ingramreporting MIN wants DeMar; Litel #2/Flynn for #5/DD (post #81 for Litel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptos Frontrunners For #2 Pick

In that very same aricle this was also said:

I've been told by the Wolves that Toronto is the frontrunner for the #2 so far, but there's lots of time for someone else to make an offer Kahn can't refuse.
    Source: Hoops World

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but the originally quote section makes it sound like there may not be mutual interest. This section does make it sound like there's a lot of mutual interest. Let's all hope that it is Bargnani and Calderon who are being shopped and that DeRozan is off limits.

Comment

this is how I am looking at it...cleveland will take derrick williams as their #1 pick which gives us the opportunity to go grab irving and still have our #5 pick to select Kawhi Leonard who can play the SG spot. if toronto does nothing cleveland gets the best 2 players in the draft.

Comment

no never derozan is our future
        ya dun noe

Comment

nice to see there's demand for Derozan, but this draft is so weak that we'd be stupid to give him up for the #2 pick.

Comment

Seems to be a lot of Derozan love. If we expect DeRozan to carry us anywhere other than dunk title (which he implied he won't ever be a part of again) than your mistaken. I wanna keep Derozan but for a packaged deal with a 3rd team & involving the # 2 pick we'd have to entertain. Drafting is a crap shoot a lot of times and who can say any of the projected top 5 won't flourish. There's two many examples of late rounders doing great and early rounders doing poor that I won't even bother. Weak draft or not a #2 while keeping your # 5 is a pretty good problem for the Raptors. Now, I'm not suggesting DeRozan be let go for the pick and a scrub, but let's be real here....DeRozan is no future all-star...but should be shopped as one.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              So the #2 pick isn't an asset? Beasley is an asset (despite the character concerns - he did put up some solid numbers this season), as is Johnson. I'm not condoning a straight up deal involving the #2 pick and Derozan, but if the Wolves wish to overpay for DeRozan, I'm sure Colangelo would be willing to listen.
              Yes, the #2 pick is an asset. But it's certainly not worth DeRozan. Is Williams going to be better than DeRozan? Maybe. But maybe not. It's certainly not worth the risk since I doubt the upside of Williams is more than DeRozan's.

Beasley, I don't know if he's even an asset, quite frankly. He's a less efficient and shorter version of Bargnani, but far more of a question mark because of his mental makeup. I don't know who's going to want that.

And I really don't like trading away a better players for smaller assets, especially with where the team is now. They already have a bunch of small assets. They don't need more. What they need are simply better players, not more lesser talented players.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't think anyone here expects Derozen to "carry" us anywhere, just that he's a piece of the big puzzle that's more valuable than the #2 pick in this draft and any of the twolves players.

If you guys seriously think Beasley will help the team more than Derozen may god have mercy on your soul.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

No player on this team is un-tradeable, however, we need a defensive center. None of the players offered are Centers. Even the best player available at #2 is a SF. Mini has no center worth packaging for Demar. I'm glad to see another city has noticed him BUT this looks really one sided -- They get Demar and we get a bunch of pieces that don't fit.

Comment

Sheptor wrote: View Post
                    Seems to be a lot of Derozan love. If we expect DeRozan to carry us anywhere other than dunk title (which he implied he won't ever be a part of again) than your mistaken. I wanna keep Derozan but for a packaged deal with a 3rd team & involving the # 2 pick we'd have to entertain. Drafting is a crap shoot a lot of times and who can say any of the projected top 5 won't flourish. There's two many examples of late rounders doing great and early rounders doing poor that I won't even bother. Weak draft or not a #2 while keeping your # 5 is a pretty good problem for the Raptors. Now, I'm not suggesting DeRozan be let go for the pick and a scrub, but let's be real here....DeRozan is no future all-star...but should be shopped as one.
                    I don't think a lot of people are expecting DeRozan to be an All-Star, but most of what Minnesota has on their roster is junk, quite frankly, and the only player on the team worth trading DeRozan for is Love. And that's lopsided the other way.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If Cavs take Williams first and this trade is available the Raps have to do it. You can't pass up a possible franchise and all-star PG for an Ok to pretty good 2guard.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        If Cavs take Williams first and this trade is available the Raps have to do it. You can't pass up a possible franchise and all-star PG for an Ok to pretty good 2guard.
                        If Irving is available, then I agree. I don't think Irving is going to be available, though, for this very reason.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I say make the trade happen, Demar plus bayless for #2 pick and beasley
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Wow, this is crazy talk. Demar is a known entity. We know he is pretty darn good and is improving dramatically every season. He has a solid character, he likes Toronto, and meshes well with our other players. He is the cornerstone of the franchise right now. We are building around him. Not one draft pick in this draft is worth Demar. Every player in this draft has huge question marks. Demar has very few question marks, and he has proven his worth in the NBA. Did everyone see DD in the Drew league or in the summer league last year? That is how DD would make everyone in this draft look - pretty darn inferior.

Demar isn't getting traded and unless it brings you enjoyment, it is a waste of time to even contemplate this.
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                              Wow, this is crazy talk. Demar is a known entity. We know he is pretty darn good and is improving dramatically every season. He has a solid character, he likes Toronto, and meshes well with our other players. He is the cornerstone of the franchise right now. We are building around him. Not one draft pick in this draft is worth Demar. Every player in this draft has huge question marks. Demar has very few question marks, and he has proven his worth in the NBA. Did everyone see DD in the Drew league or in the summer league last year? That is how DD would make everyone in this draft look - pretty darn inferior.

Demar isn't getting traded and unless it brings you enjoyment, it is a waste of time to even contemplate this.
                              hey man I dont wanna see Demar go either, but if he does we better get the pick and a certified scorer.
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                                I say make the trade happen, Demar plus bayless for #2 pick and beasley
                                The Raptors could be trading down for both players. Not sure how that would make sense. Williams COULD be a better player than DeRozan, but at this point, you'd be lucky to have him equal to him. And Beasley, for all his scoring, bring really nothing to help your team AND his mental makeup is questionable. He's basically, a shorter, less efficient Bargnani, but with the possibility of going off the rails. Personally, I'd rather take Bayless, who at least plays defense.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X