Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HW:Ingramreporting MIN wants DeMar; Litel #2/Flynn for #5/DD (post #81 for Litel)

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If they're willing to give up the #2 in a package (and without having to give up the #5 pick) and we could jettison either Calderon in the deal, I'd listen. Minnesota has some assets (Wes Johnson, Beasley, Flynn).
    What BC knows that we all dont is if there is any interest in the #2 pick. Then the pick could be flipped.
    Certain teams get really excited about certain players - for example Portland is really high on Kemba.... who knows maybe there is a team out there that is really high on Williams...

if so you ship out Calderon and Derozen in one deal and get back beasly + flynn+ #2
    then ship out #2 and bargs in another deal and get a legit center

Then Draft Leonard - I think we all like DeMarr but if there is a net clear gain for the team you have to consider no one untouchable.

But again I only do this deal if you have the flip in place to move #2 - for a Center.
    DEALS I would consider
    #2 + Bargs for Granger/Hibbert
    #2 + Bargs for Gordon + Jordan S&T (clippers)
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    OK, getting warmer, but know that Kevin Love is a power forward and a notoriously poor defender. I could see AJ or Ed moving the other way in that case. Still think it's total BS and DeRozan is close to untouchable for the Raptors. They've invested too much in him to trade him for any sort of question mark right now.
    without question, i dont see why this deal would be beneficial for toronto in any sense i like the direction were heading right now but i can see toronto having discussions with minny for the #2 pick, so obviously demars name is going to come up since hes our best asset.
    most likely it all is just smoke and mirrors though.

Raptors Republic Rookie Donnie Brasco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you guys consider Bargnani, DeRozan, #5 pick for Love, Johnson, and #2 pick ?(plus whatever other players required to make salaries match) I think people here are possibly overstating Demar's potential value in a trade. That said, there is the possibility that DD continues to improve and could be a potential all star down the road (then again, maybe not)... Also, I think that Minnesota is going to want more than Calderon and Barbossa for their #2 pick. Kahn isn't the best GM in the league, but I am pretty sure he is not that stupid.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not happening. Derozan going, that is. There's just no way. Still, it's good to know that Toronto is continuously mentioned in the context of nabbing the 2nd pick from Minnesota.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptor luck will go as follows:
    Derrick williams becomes an extraordinary player a consistent 25,5,5 guy with tough defence and a leadership quality that makes him championship worthy.
    Derozan suffers a string of injuries and never realizes his prime, only to be traded one day for a mid-first round pick and veteran big man.
    all because we never traded for the #2 pick. (btw if we did the trade the opposite fortunes would happen to the respective player)

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Donnie Brasco wrote: View Post
    Would you guys consider Bargnani, DeRozan, #5 pick for Love, Johnson, and #2 pick ?
    I would vomit if the Raps made that deal. Love's inflated stats would go through the floor once he got on a real team.
    Johnson is more question marks than promise and this years #2 pick is an albatross for any team with a glut @ PF like Toronto / Ed Davis / Amir / Reggie / sometimes Kleiza/JJohnson
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just spent a few minutes trying to figure out a way this works for Toronto and nothing really jumped out except for something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3kb9wbo

And then we exchange picks. I have a feeling Love is untouchable at the moment though so I don't see that happening. Johnson would replace DD as our potential 2 of the future (not sure why he is at the three, he is a 2 size wise) and we would draft Williams or Irving. We would have this:

Caldy/Bayless Irving
    Wesley Johnson/Barbosa
    JJ/Kleiza Williams
    Davis/Bargs
    Love/Alabi

My only thought at this roster is "meh". Unless another team is brought in I think this one's a dud.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I call BS on this trade. Why give up a promising, hard working and high potential player in DeRozan in a draft this weak. Even if it is the number 2 pick I'd rather keep DD. Who on this team will get to the line consistently like he can. He's only scratched the surface of his potential.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You gotta give up something of value in order to get something of value. I'd take their #2 pick along with their first round pick in next years draft. No thanks to Kevin Love...I like bigs that can block shots and defend and not just reboud.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes fans over value their teams players because of an emotional attachment but in this case I don't think so. We have witnessed DeMar really improve his offensive game last year and considering the candidates for HC his play at the other end is going to become more of a priority than it was under Triano.
    I sure like the talk about going after the 2nd pick but giving up a rising star for the unknown is too steep a price.
    I thought Bargnani was our best player why wouldn't they want Bargs?

Raptors Republic Rookie Donnie Brasco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    Love's inflated stats would go through the floor once he got on a real team.
    Are you talking about Toronto? lol

To be honest I am not in love () with this trade either. I would be interested in moving up in the draft, but I don't want to part with Ed or Demar either (or any future first round picks either... Fck Brian Burke). Anyone else on the roster I would be happy to move on draft day.

Kevin Love should bolt from Minny as soon as his rookie deal is up, and go play with Dwight wherever he is playing by then. That would be a ridiculous C / PF combo.

PS. The one thing I do like about the original trade I proposed, would be the hilarity of seeing Bargnani (who I am certain will be thrilled to be traded to the coldest city in the NBA lol) and Darko playing together in the same front court... Maybe they would prove everyone wrong and lead Minnesota to the promised land.... Probably not though lol.
    Last edited by Donnie Brasco; Mon Jun 6th, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    You gotta give up something of value in order to get something of value. I'd take their #2 pick along with their first round pick in next years draft. No thanks to Kevin Love...I like bigs that can block shots and defend and not just reboud.
    I think the Clippers hold their pick for next season.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be willing to give up DeRozan on two conditions: 1) we get top tier talent in return, 2) we somehow fill our need at center.

I'm thinking, if Minny is willing to overpay for DeRozan, let them, and flip some of the return in a 3-way trade:

Raps give: DeRozan, Bayless, Amir

Miinny gives: #2, Rubio, Wes Johnson, Webster

Clippers give: Kaman

Basically, trade DeRozan, Amir and Bayless to MIN for Rubio, Johnson and the #2, flipping the pick to the Clippers for Kaman

Rubio/Calderon
    Wes Johnson/Barbosa
    Webster/Johnson
    Bargnani/Davis
    Kaman/Davis

I wouldn't mind that team.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Except for a draft day trade, they have to. They traded this year's pick to CLE and next year's went to BOS through OKC. A team must have a first round draft pick every second year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To tell you the truth, the only reason I would entertain trading Derozan is because it's easier to find a 3 point shooting SG than a 3 point shooting SF. And the Raptors need 3 point shooting.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar and Bayless for Beasley, Wes and 2nd overall pick

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Except for a draft day trade, they have to. They traded this year's pick to CLE and next year's went to BOS through OKC. A team must have a first round draft pick every second year.
    Mango was referring to the fact that LAC has Minny's 2012 1st rounder and he is correct, plus their own is protected at this point. You are bang on that the clippers don't have their pick this year.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'll jump into the crazy pool. If they want DD, how about DD and Calderon for #2, Pekovic, Webster and Flynn, then Bargnani to Utah for Okur (salary and expiring) and #3, Barbosa and Flynn to SAC for #7. Webster somewhere for a SG.

Draft Williams, Kanter, Knight and Burks, become the youngest most inexperienced team in the league, but at least have potential...

This would never happen, reasoning not the least of BC would never do it.
    It would be interesting with a lineup of:
    PG: BKnight, JBayless
    SG: ABurks, ??Webster trade??, FA??
    SF: DWilliams, JJ, Kleiza
    PF: ED, Amir
    C: Kanter, Pekovic, Okur
    Turnovers aplenty, but exciting and athletic.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Raptor luck will go as follows:
    Derrick williams becomes an extraordinary player a consistent 25,5,5 guy with tough defence and a leadership quality that makes him championship worthy.
    Derozan suffers a string of injuries and never realizes his prime, only to be traded one day for a mid-first round pick and veteran big man.
    all because we never traded for the #2 pick. (btw if we did the trade the opposite fortunes would happen to the respective player)
    ok why would u ever want that to happen to a player, even if u hate him or hes on a different team, u want everyone in the nba to succeed, and besides 25/5/5 for dwill?, hes a pf n only gets 5 rebounds(bargs gets that much), and has a horrible A/TO ratio, so u want dwill to give u 5 assists and 7 TOs? good luck winning

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Donnie Brasco wrote: View Post
    Are you talking about Toronto? lol

To be honest I am not in love () with this trade either. I would be interested in moving up in the draft, but I don't want to part with Ed or Demar either (or any future first round picks either... Fck Brian Burke). Anyone else on the roster I would be happy to move on draft day.

Kevin Love should bolt from Minny as soon as his rookie deal is up, and go play with Dwight wherever he is playing by then. That would be a ridiculous C / PF combo.

PS. The one thing I do like about the original trade I proposed, would be the hilarity of seeing Bargnani (who I am certain will be thrilled to be traded to the coldest city in the NBA lol) and Darko playing together in the same front court... Maybe they would prove everyone wrong and lead Minnesota to the promised land.... Probably not though lol.
    LOL. Funniest post of the thread.

Just an observation on the Love/Howard tandem...not a good idea...2 very good rebounders in the same frontcourt rarely tend to coexist well. Ironically I think AB and Howard would do well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information