Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should The Raps take a chance on Iverson?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    We are already drafting the next iverson
    So you think that Walker is going to be a mediocre defending, ball dominating, undersized SG who will really only have one year where he's more of a positive impact than negative one? So you already criticizing the pick of Walker even before it's made?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

no way man iverson still thinks hes one of the best players in the league

Post Thanks / Like

How is this 2 pages
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    How is this 2 pages
    Well, technically it's just 1 and a third.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha Iverson? Mentoring? What does that even mean? hey whatever, I would sacrifice another year of rebuild just to see the epic implosion.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Point taken but do you not think he learned his lesson after no one took him last year? I know that most people would take that as a sign to change their ways!
    When has Iverson been "most people"?

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

While we are at it, for a laugh lets bring back Spree to choke the shit out of PJ.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is all you need to know about Iverson's ability to mentor:

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. (laughter from the media crowd) We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about practice right now."
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MangoKid;87053
    Pass.[/QUOTE]

What AI doesn't do.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

bad ideas
    -opening beer bottles with your teeth
    -leaving raw shrimp in the sun
    -signing Iverson

Raptors Republic Rookie northgrantballer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to be mister opposite, but I don't see why there is no concern in signing Ajinca for about a million, however there is so much hate towards a guy who can still get maybe 15 pts per game, a guy who has playoff experience for about the same amount of cash. Get over his ego, the fella can play basketball. Same thing with JR Smith in Denver.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Iverson apparently wants another shot at the NBA. Should the Raps take a chance on him to mentor Bayless?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?
    Even when he was quick and not totally useless the guy was a team killer coach killer.
    He is broke now and is begging for another shot @ some NBA money.

HE WILL NEVER PLAY IN THE NBA - unless its a 10 day for some team looking to sell tickets late in a lost season.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Sorry to be mister opposite, but I don't see why there is no concern in signing Ajinca for about a million, however there is so much hate towards a guy who can still get maybe 15 pts per game, a guy who has playoff experience for about the same amount of cash. Get over his ego, the fella can play basketball. Same thing with JR Smith in Denver.
    3 or the last 4 teams the guy has played on got BETTER upon him leaving. He's a massive distraction and would not be a good influence at all for the young players on the team, who need to learn hard work and professionalism, but won't from a guy who demands special treatment where ever he goes and continually displays a lack of maturity. Even in his prime, he wasn't a good defender, and needs a lot of shots in order to be effective, which means that the young players who should be getting more shots get fewer. And all for what? His 15 ppg? And what would his 15 ppg do? Is it going to help in the long term? No. Is it going to hurt in the long term? Yes. Considering the long term is the focus here, then signing Iverson would be a massively, horrendously stupid idea.

And JR Smith is a knucklehead who scores and nothing else. He ends up hurting his team just as much or more than he actually helps it. If you want guys like that on your team, fine. I don't.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    When has Iverson been "most people"?
    Everyone changes their ways one way or the other or sometime or the other! Do you not agree?

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone changes their ways one way or the other or sometime or the other! Do you not agree?
    Well, no. Most of the time they simply regress to who they were. And what's the upside to taking Iverson? That he plays well enough to take time and shots away from young players who need it to develop? They already have Barbosa, who is a better player, at this point, and far more professional. And he's an unnecessary luxury I would like to see traded.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Iverson apparently wants another shot at the NBA. Should the Raps take a chance on him to mentor Bayless?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?
    No. Nonononononono. No! No... NO!!!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote keefec wrote: View Post
    are u seriously comparing walker to iverson? one of the best scorers in NBA's history?
    u never know my friend...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    So you think that Walker is going to be a mediocre defending, ball dominating, undersized SG who will really only have one year where he's more of a positive impact than negative one? So you already criticizing the pick of Walker even before it's made?
    No but from the looks of it you are. I was only comparing walker to iverson cause of his size and we all know that i was just joking... well most of us. Walker is a great defender for his size and he is not ball dominating. He was asked to do most of the scoring so he did that, not anyone can single handedly win the NCAA Tournament. And stop twisting my comment like a damn news reporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    No but from the looks of it you are. I was only comparing walker to iverson cause of his size and we all know that i was just joking... well most of us. Walker is a great defender for his size and he is not ball dominating. He was asked to do most of the scoring so he did that, not anyone can single handedly win the NCAA Tournament. And stop twisting my comment like a damn news reporter.
    I don't think "we all" knew you were joking, because "we all" have seen serious posts like that all the time, so I'm not quite sure how you think we can tell the difference between the serious ones and the not serious ones, especially when, no offense, none of us know you.

And my comment was a criticism of Iverson, not Walker. I thought that was clear.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't think "we all" knew you were joking, because "we all" have seen serious posts like that all the time, so I'm not quite sure how you think we can tell the difference between the serious ones and the not serious ones, especially when, no offense, none of us know you.

And my comment was a criticism of Iverson, not Walker. I thought that was clear.
    you can't but most people might be able to. Can you read peoples minds? didn't think so

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information