Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC clears the air: DeRozan not in play but they are trying to get another top ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Maggette? No... No, no, no, no, no. No.
    I do hear you on that ... he's selfish and overaid, but with little to offer Milwaukee, it was the only way I see them dealing the pick.

Something where we send Bayless (Jennings' backup) and Kleiza (some salary) to Milwaukee in the deal for #10 and Maggette could be appealing ... less of a cap hit and some pieces for Milwaukee, and Toronto gets their pick and veteran SF depth.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      Definitely like this quote though!

EDIT: Especially since he did not say that Bargnani won't be a part of such a package.
      HaHaha, good one!

Comment

Sheptor wrote: View Post
        Guys,

Demar may not go for the #2/Flynn, but he is by no means untouchable. Do I think he will be traded? No. I think Jose,Barbosa,Bargnani, Amir, & even Kleiza are the trade baits, but Demar will probably receive the biggest return and who knows what the return could be. All we know is that it isn't with Minny. But don't act like Demar is the "franchise" I honestly don't know why so many overrate him.
        Funny how you added the EVEN Kleiza in there as if Kleiza is a bigger part of the team that Barg. Should have been EVEN Barg. lol

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Not if he sees two guys in the top ten who can become really good players. Some say it's a weak draft but that doesn't mean it will be known as a weak draft later... There is a lot of talent in that top ten even if most of the players won't make a huge impact from day one. I hope he's targeting Alec Burks with that second pick he's looking to add...
          Burks? but we already have DD locked in at the 2..
          If I were BC and i get 2 top 10 picks, i will go with Kanter-Knight-Walker (in that order) with the 5th
          and Walker-Leonard-Vesely-Biyombo with the other top 10, also in that order.

Comment

Outside of the second pick that the Twolves are whoring themselves out with what other lottery picks could be available?

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
              Outside of the second pick that the Twolves are whoring themselves out with what other lottery picks could be available?
              Jazz's 12... Buck's 10...
              Mostly because I think the Jazz and the bucks don't really need to add young talent to contend for a playoff spot, especially the bucks.

Comment

keefec wrote: View Post
                Mostly because I think the Jazz and the bucks don't really need to add young talent to contend for a playoff spot, especially the bucks.
                What do we have that would be of interest to either on of those teams? Only interest I could see would be if the Jazz took Kanter or Williams (if Twolves keep pick and take Jonas) and then see Bayless as more value then the 12th. Not sure we have the pieces to do a move with the Bucks unless we take on a bad contract like Gooden or Magette.

Comment

What do we have that would be of interest to either on of those teams? Only interest I could see would be if the Jazz took Kanter or Williams (if Twolves keep pick and take Jonas) and then see Bayless as more value then the 12th. Not sure we have the pieces to do a move with the Bucks unless we take on a bad contract like Gooden or Magette.
                  Perhaps like Jose + filler for Gooden/Maggette + 10th.

Comment

keefec wrote: View Post
                    Funny since BC did say top 10...

Jazz's 3rd, Detroit's 8th, Charlotte's 9th. Sacramento has said since the lottery (maybe even before) that they would trade theirs (#7). It was hinted today that even Cleveland's 4th, but not so sure on that one.

Comment

The honest truth is that if BC is serious about acquiring a second top 10 pick, there are only two names that other teams will discuss with the Raptors, and that's DeRozan and Davis. There's no one else on this team worthy of trading for a top 10 pick, even if this is a weak draft. Everyone else either sucks, or has a radioactive contract, or both.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        The honest truth is that if BC is serious about acquiring a second top 10 pick, there are only two names that other teams will discuss with the Raptors, and that's DeRozan and Davis. There's no one else on this team worthy of trading for a top 10 pick, even if this is a weak draft. Everyone else either sucks, or has a radioactive contract, or both.
                        Not so sure that's honest. Don't agree with you, but time will be the only true teller of the tale.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          Heh ebrian you still smoking those pocky sticks .... outside of the top 2 or so , it should be easy to get a good pick without having to give up derozan or davis , as we have all heard the draft sucks this year .. and we also have bargs available to trade

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                            Funny how you added the EVEN Kleiza in there as if Kleiza is a bigger part of the team that Barg. Should have been EVEN Barg. lol
                            I said that because last I heard he was hurt, and had a massive contract so him moving is unlikely...plus he hasn't shown anyone he can play like he did in the worlds. I obv. don't think he's a piece moving forward but rather a piece you can't move.

Comment

doublesman wrote: View Post
                              Heh ebrian you still smoking those pocky sticks .... outside of the top 2 or so , it should be easy to get a good pick without having to give up derozan or davis , as we have all heard the draft sucks this year .. and we also have bargs available to trade
                              No one is gonna trade a top 10 draft pick for a 7-foot center who can't rebound or defend. Bargs is too big of a liability for lottery bound teams to take a risk on unless they want to plunge further into mediocrity. The only teams looking for a Bargnani type are teams that would use him coming off the bench as a 7th or 8th man; teams who are one or two pieces away from competing for the championship. None of those teams have a top 10 pick.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Sheptor wrote: View Post
                                I said that because last I heard he was hurt, and had a massive contract so him moving is unlikely...plus he hasn't shown anyone he can play like he did in the worlds. I obv. don't think he's a piece moving forward but rather a piece you can't move.
                                Kleiza *has* been playing like he did in the worlds. The difference is the competition is way better. If I could play in the NBA like I play against kindergarten kids, I'd be a superstar. Unfortunately, I'm just another Linas Kleiza; aka another unfortunate BC signing.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X