Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC clears the air: DeRozan not in play but they are trying to get another top ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC clears the air: DeRozan not in play but they are trying to get another top ten

via http://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress

Colangelo says there's "no truth at all" to rumor he offered DeMar DeRozan for the #2 pick. "DeMar has never been part of any conversation."
    Colangelo did say he's "definitely exploring acquiring another top-10 pick," but maintains that DeRozan "won't be part of any package."
    and unfortunately :/
    Bryan Colangelo is in Belgrade right now watching Jan Vesely in the Serbian league finals.
    @sweatpantsjer

3 cheers for trying to get another top 10 pick without giving up DeMar!
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I knew it, BC got his eyes on Euro at the 5th pick, tho I do like Jan's size and somewhat explosiveness, hes a definititely an offensive upgrade to JJ at the 3 spot.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Outside of Jonas i don't see him taking any dudes with boom or bust potential. He's just doing due diligence and exploring all his options (please god let him just be exploring all his options)
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Colangelo did say he's "definitely exploring acquiring another top-10 pick," but maintains that DeRozan "won't be part of any package."
          Definitely like this quote though!

EDIT: Especially since he did not say that Bargnani won't be a part of such a package.

Comment

My understanding is that the top euro prospects (minus Kanter) aren't coming to North America to work out for teams and so NBA teams have to go to Europe to check them out. This weekend they are holding the euro combine. In regards to Vesely I believe this is just BC doing due diligence as I remember something about Vesely not going to the euro combine nor doing individual workouts with NBA teams. Vesely, though, will come to North America just before the draft to do physical tests. I think Montiejunas isn't doing work-outs either.

I'd rather see a prospect playing in real games rather than just running through some drills anyway.
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

This is good news, indeed. He had talked earlier in the year about not wanting 2 rookies as the team was young enough. I guess that was before he decided or was told how drastic the changes needed to be.

Comment

Demar Derozan

PPL u all heard the trade rumours and the bs going around that his available..
                Let me tell all the minniii fans who would love 2 have him...not gonna happend!!!
                So Minny reporters,blogers,fans whatever...shut up..stop making crap up!!!
                Ohh yeah...Please if any other disgruntled Raptor fans have some opinion on this...go ahead add comment say ure say on it...

P.S

I'm Big Demar Derozan Fan!!!
                Finally we have someone who might not be superstar but his building block 2 championship team...Bargnani..well if ure read most of my posts u know where I stand with BANANA!!!

Cheers...
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I like what Hannibal did there
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yes! we are keeping DeMar thanks for posting that made me feel less worried.

Comment

Never really thought DD was in play.
                      Not surprised he's exploring the opportunity to nab a pick. My bet is for Leonard, Vesely or Valuncianas if he drops. Not sure he's really going to push to get one, but they're all intriguing if they could be nabbed at a low cost. I like what I've read about Leonard as a defensive prospect, but he's obviously a bit a reach at the 5th pick.

Comment

I vaguely remember BC stating in 2006 that Charlie Villanueva was a key piece of the Raptors core for years going forward ..... only to trade him a few weeks later for TJ Ford.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          I vaguely remember BC stating in 2006 that Charlie Villanueva was a key piece of the Raptors core for years going forward ..... only to trade him a few weeks later for TJ Ford.
                          Was thinking the same thing. First of all, Bryan has stated over and over, that no one on this team is untradable.

I think this should just be read as, "we are not shopping him". Which really means, you better have a serious package if you want to mention his name, otherwise don't waste our time.

and unfortunately :/
                          Bryan Colangelo is in Belgrade right now watching Jan Vesely in the Serbian league finals.

I am glad he is going to watch him, we need to know what is out there. In fact I am going to check my not so legal streaming account and see if I can catch a game or two myself. I don't want to draft him, because I have not heard much buzz about this kid, but don't want to burry my head in the sand either. I would like to know why Ford keeps serving us a plate full of Vesely every time he does a mock. Is he mocking us? Is it a way to get hits for his banter?
                          Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Wed Jun 8, 2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Guys,

Demar may not go for the #2/Flynn, but he is by no means untouchable. Do I think he will be traded? No. I think Jose,Barbosa,Bargnani, Amir, & even Kleiza are the trade baits, but Demar will probably receive the biggest return and who knows what the return could be. All we know is that it isn't with Minny. But don't act like Demar is the "franchise" I honestly don't know why so many overrate him.

Comment

Going for another pick in this draft makes a lot less sense than adding a pick in next year's.

Comment

Working...
                              X