Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: BC clears the air: DeRozan not in play but they are trying to get another top ten

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Streetsville
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Its, to QUASH a rumor.
    Not Squash.



    Have seen it alot around here, and thought I'd just fill ya in...

    As for coming out and saying Demar is not on the table, that was a great move by BC. Even for a stupid rumor like that, it shows alot for him to come out that quickly with a rebuttal, and say that Demar is our guy going forward.
    Squash is good for you though... its a little tastier said that way.
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Thu Jun 9th, 2011 at 07:23 AM.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    Squash is good for you though... its a little tastier said that way.
    Agreed.

    Although quash does sounds equally tasty, it likely isn't (kinda like using real pumpkin in pumpkin pie... never as good as squash)

  3. #23
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Going for another pick in this draft makes a lot less sense than adding a pick in next year's.
    Not if he sees two guys in the top ten who can become really good players. Some say it's a weak draft but that doesn't mean it will be known as a weak draft later... There is a lot of talent in that top ten even if most of the players won't make a huge impact from day one. I hope he's targeting Alec Burks with that second pick he's looking to add...

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Going for another pick in this draft makes a lot less sense than adding a pick in next year's.
    Hard to say that as one stated don't know positioning but also very dangerous given the unresolved CBA could be raising the age requirement and thereby eliminating eligibility of about Edit: 70% of next year's projected lottery picks.
    Last edited by Maleko; Thu Jun 9th, 2011 at 08:53 AM.

  5. #25
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Wolves

    On Friday, I detailed the Timberwolves' draft strategies in the wake of signing Ricky Rubio to a contract. Here's the CliffsNotes version: Publicly, the team is claiming that they're likely to hang on to the pick. Privately, they're hoping that a team comes along and offers them an impact veteran -- someone such as Pau Gasol, Monta Ellis or even JaVale McGee -- for the pick. ESPN.com
    Source: HoopsHype.com

    I'm skeptical about the Lakers dealing Gasol for the the #2. Kobe is at the tail end of his career and wants to compete for titles. First they hire a coach without talking to him at all and basically publicly apologize for it. Now they deal Gasol for a untested rookie? No way unless they want a disgruntled franchise player. Golden State could make some sense. My hope is that they are intrigued enough by Bargnani to pull the trigger.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Not if he sees two guys in the top ten who can become really good players. Some say it's a weak draft but that doesn't mean it will be known as a weak draft later... There is a lot of talent in that top ten even if most of the players won't make a huge impact from day one. I hope he's targeting Alec Burks with that second pick he's looking to add...
    i love it when you talk dirty
    @jerboat

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Adding 2 young players in the top 10 is very different than adding a top five, and the HEAT pick in the high 20's.
    Getting 2 top ten picks, this year, means getting 1 or 2 players who will play NOW, and be a part of the future.

    Most teams in the top 10 seem very interested in certain prospects. Strangely #2 seems to be the most available.

    Other ideas to get a top 10 anyone?

    Maybe Bayless to Sacramento, assuming Kemba is off the board ... Or taking a big contract like Maggette from Milwaukee
    Or just knock one out of the park like: Bargnani to Cleveland for Varejao and the #4.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i could see flipping bayless. as much as id like to get rid of calderons contract, if we're drafting a pg id rather have jose around to mentor, and bayless could probably fetch more.
    @jerboat

  9. #29
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Adding 2 young players in the top 10 is very different than adding a top five, and the HEAT pick in the high 20's.
    Getting 2 top ten picks, this year, means getting 1 or 2 players who will play NOW, and be a part of the future.

    Most teams in the top 10 seem very interested in certain prospects. Strangely #2 seems to be the most available.

    Other ideas to get a top 10 anyone?

    Maybe Bayless to Sacramento, assuming Kemba is off the board ... Or taking a big contract like Maggette from Milwaukee
    Or just knock one out of the park like: Bargnani to Cleveland for Varejao and the #4.
    Bargnani might look good next to a big interior guy like Cousins. Maybe they do that but I feel the Raptors need a player coming back too. Colangelo needs to maintain his image after all.

    Maggette? No... No, no, no, no, no. No.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank God

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Maggette? No... No, no, no, no, no. No.
    I do hear you on that ... he's selfish and overaid, but with little to offer Milwaukee, it was the only way I see them dealing the pick.

    Something where we send Bayless (Jennings' backup) and Kleiza (some salary) to Milwaukee in the deal for #10 and Maggette could be appealing ... less of a cap hit and some pieces for Milwaukee, and Toronto gets their pick and veteran SF depth.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Definitely like this quote though!

    EDIT: Especially since he did not say that Bargnani won't be a part of such a package.
    HaHaha, good one!

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sheptor wrote: View Post
    Guys,

    Demar may not go for the #2/Flynn, but he is by no means untouchable. Do I think he will be traded? No. I think Jose,Barbosa,Bargnani, Amir, & even Kleiza are the trade baits, but Demar will probably receive the biggest return and who knows what the return could be. All we know is that it isn't with Minny. But don't act like Demar is the "franchise" I honestly don't know why so many overrate him.
    Funny how you added the EVEN Kleiza in there as if Kleiza is a bigger part of the team that Barg. Should have been EVEN Barg. lol

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Not if he sees two guys in the top ten who can become really good players. Some say it's a weak draft but that doesn't mean it will be known as a weak draft later... There is a lot of talent in that top ten even if most of the players won't make a huge impact from day one. I hope he's targeting Alec Burks with that second pick he's looking to add...
    Burks? but we already have DD locked in at the 2..
    If I were BC and i get 2 top 10 picks, i will go with Kanter-Knight-Walker (in that order) with the 5th
    and Walker-Leonard-Vesely-Biyombo with the other top 10, also in that order.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Outside of the second pick that the Twolves are whoring themselves out with what other lottery picks could be available?

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Outside of the second pick that the Twolves are whoring themselves out with what other lottery picks could be available?
    Jazz's 12... Buck's 10...
    Mostly because I think the Jazz and the bucks don't really need to add young talent to contend for a playoff spot, especially the bucks.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote keefec wrote: View Post
    Jazz's 12... Buck's 10...
    Mostly because I think the Jazz and the bucks don't really need to add young talent to contend for a playoff spot, especially the bucks.
    What do we have that would be of interest to either on of those teams? Only interest I could see would be if the Jazz took Kanter or Williams (if Twolves keep pick and take Jonas) and then see Bayless as more value then the 12th. Not sure we have the pieces to do a move with the Bucks unless we take on a bad contract like Gooden or Magette.

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    What do we have that would be of interest to either on of those teams? Only interest I could see would be if the Jazz took Kanter or Williams (if Twolves keep pick and take Jonas) and then see Bayless as more value then the 12th. Not sure we have the pieces to do a move with the Bucks unless we take on a bad contract like Gooden or Magette.
    Perhaps like Jose + filler for Gooden/Maggette + 10th.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Outside of the second pick that the Twolves are whoring themselves out with what other lottery picks could be available?
    Quote keefec wrote: View Post
    Jazz's 12... Buck's 10...
    Mostly because I think the Jazz and the bucks don't really need to add young talent to contend for a playoff spot, especially the bucks.
    Funny since BC did say top 10...

    Jazz's 3rd, Detroit's 8th, Charlotte's 9th. Sacramento has said since the lottery (maybe even before) that they would trade theirs (#7). It was hinted today that even Cleveland's 4th, but not so sure on that one.

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The honest truth is that if BC is serious about acquiring a second top 10 pick, there are only two names that other teams will discuss with the Raptors, and that's DeRozan and Davis. There's no one else on this team worthy of trading for a top 10 pick, even if this is a weak draft. Everyone else either sucks, or has a radioactive contract, or both.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •