Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BC clears the air: DeRozan not in play but they are trying to get another top ten

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    The honest truth is that if BC is serious about acquiring a second top 10 pick, there are only two names that other teams will discuss with the Raptors, and that's DeRozan and Davis. There's no one else on this team worthy of trading for a top 10 pick, even if this is a weak draft. Everyone else either sucks, or has a radioactive contract, or both.
    Not so sure that's honest. Don't agree with you, but time will be the only true teller of the tale.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The honest truth is that if BC is serious about acquiring a second top 10 pick, there are only two names that other teams will discuss with the Raptors, and that's DeRozan and Davis. There's no one else on this team worthy of trading for a top 10 pick, even if this is a weak draft. Everyone else either sucks, or has a radioactive contract, or both.
    Heh ebrian you still smoking those pocky sticks .... outside of the top 2 or so , it should be easy to get a good pick without having to give up derozan or davis , as we have all heard the draft sucks this year .. and we also have bargs available to trade

Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Funny how you added the EVEN Kleiza in there as if Kleiza is a bigger part of the team that Barg. Should have been EVEN Barg. lol
    I said that because last I heard he was hurt, and had a massive contract so him moving is unlikely...plus he hasn't shown anyone he can play like he did in the worlds. I obv. don't think he's a piece moving forward but rather a piece you can't move.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote doublesman wrote: View Post
    Heh ebrian you still smoking those pocky sticks .... outside of the top 2 or so , it should be easy to get a good pick without having to give up derozan or davis , as we have all heard the draft sucks this year .. and we also have bargs available to trade
    No one is gonna trade a top 10 draft pick for a 7-foot center who can't rebound or defend. Bargs is too big of a liability for lottery bound teams to take a risk on unless they want to plunge further into mediocrity. The only teams looking for a Bargnani type are teams that would use him coming off the bench as a 7th or 8th man; teams who are one or two pieces away from competing for the championship. None of those teams have a top 10 pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sheptor wrote: View Post
    I said that because last I heard he was hurt, and had a massive contract so him moving is unlikely...plus he hasn't shown anyone he can play like he did in the worlds. I obv. don't think he's a piece moving forward but rather a piece you can't move.
    Kleiza *has* been playing like he did in the worlds. The difference is the competition is way better. If I could play in the NBA like I play against kindergarten kids, I'd be a superstar. Unfortunately, I'm just another Linas Kleiza; aka another unfortunate BC signing.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i want bc to get a pick 6-10 and draft biyombo

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Burks as well, but I heard he got injured while working out for the Bucks.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If this is true, then it's gotta involve Andrea for sure.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The only teams looking for a Bargnani type are teams that would use him coming off the bench as a 7th or 8th man; t
    Respectfully disagree. Sixth man? Yes. 7th or 8th?? So he's the equivalent of the Laker's Luke Walton or Adam Morrison? Sorry, but it's not like Bargnani's a terrible baller who eats babies. He's just a bad defender. If another team saw the things we write on here about Bargnani we wouldn't be able to trade him for bottle of gatorade (disclaimer - I'm sure they wouldn't value our opinions too highly)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Sixth man? Yes. 7th or 8th?? So he's the equivalent of the Laker's Luke Walton or Adam Morrison? Sorry, but it's not like Bargnani's a terrible baller who eats babies. He's just a bad defender. If another team saw the things we write on here about Bargnani we wouldn't be able to trade him for bottle of gatorade (disclaimer - I'm sure they wouldn't value our opinions too highly)
    There's nothing to be ashamed of being 7th or 8th as a big man. Brendan Haywood is the first big man off the bench for Dallas, but he's at best the 7th or 8th man behind Terry and Barea in terms of minutes played.

On most teams the 6th-7th man is a guard. Of the past 10 Sixth Man award winners, 7 of them were guards. The only guys who weren't were Jamison, Odom and Williamson and all those guys averaged 8+ rebounds per game (in 36 minutes). They all had around 105 points given up over 100 possesions. Bargnani is at 115 and we all know how bad he is at rebounding. He cannot be a 6th man because he surrenders too many points and too many rebounds to be playing that many minutes on a championship level team. Especially in the playoffs when rebounds and defense are oh-so-precious.

Anyway I didn't want to make this about Bargnani -- I just think the only teams that will take a risk on him are the teams that don't have that top 10 pick that Colangelo is looking for.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
    Adam Morrison 7th or 8th on the Lakers? Really? Since he virtually never played, but certainly didn't get off the bench before Odom, Brown, Barnes, Vujacic, or even Walton. Hell that year, DJ MBenga got off the bench before Morrison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    i want bc to get a pick 6-10 and draft biyombo
    yes, he'd fit right in with davis,johnson,dorsey,evans,alabi,bargnani,johnson, ajinca
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i love it when you talk dirty
    wooooooohoa!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we get another pick and leonard or burks are still there, BC will take one them first before biyombo.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

kemba and biyombo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information