saddest day - pot for tourist coming to an end in Amsterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saddest day - pot for tourist coming to an end in Amsterdam

A tear came to my eye when reading this sad, sad news. Soon tourists will no longer be able to buy pot in Holland, a privilege to be extended only to those with a residency card. All coffee shops that sell pot will be turned into private clubs for dutch citizens only.

Oh the memories ... I'll let Akon tell you how I'm feeling:

Until ya come back
    I cant breath
    Until ya come back
    I got no reason
    got my heart my heart down on its knee's
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Here's the article:

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...in-dutch-cafes
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

oh man. they must have alot of faith in their other tourist attractions.

stinky canals and stinkier whores.

Comment

I hope this happens at the end of August , because I will be stopping by there in July.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

there is "under the table" pot all over amsterdam. im sure that won't change. before you go, get a list of backpacker hostels.. pay them a visit and ask the front desk clerks/bartenders where you can pick up some.. half of them will sell to you out of their pocket.

Comment

I hear Harper with his new majority government is going to attempt to put a jail sentence on small pot offences... wheres the justice in this world gone to?
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

That is the funny thing about jails, once you build them, you need to put people in them.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                I hear Harper with his new majority government is going to attempt to put a jail sentence on small pot offences... wheres the justice in this world gone to?
                i cant see the police really trying to enforce it if they do. i've been busted with ganj a dozen or so times in my entire life, and not once have i gotten anything worse than a warning. i've gotten harsher punishment for drinking in public.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  i cant see the police really trying to enforce it if they do. i've been busted with ganj a dozen or so times in my entire life, and not once have i gotten anything worse than a warning. i've gotten harsher punishment for drinking in public.
                  Its true a lot of cops would still not care. Ive been caught a plethora of times, if you are nice and polite about it they normally just take the pot they found away unless you are carrying more than an ounce, or a bunch of empty baggys cause then you can be charged for trafficking. NOW its going to be like new york. People get prison time for simple possession and it creeps me out how ridiculous that sounds.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Its true a lot of cops would still not care. Ive been caught a plethora of times, if you are nice and polite about it they normally just take the pot they found away unless you are carrying more than an ounce, or a bunch of empty baggys cause then you can be charged for trafficking. NOW its going to be like new york. People get prison time for simple possession and it creeps me out how ridiculous that sounds.
                    cops get it. people smoke. hell, cops smoke.

as long as you're not being a complete dolt in public, they arent going to care, no matter what the law says.

and lets be honest.. stoners in public aren't hard to deal with AT ALL.. the police arent going to be like "hey, that guy is relaxed, complacent, and finds humor in the most simple things... better call for back up, this might get hairy"

Comment

I know smoking cops back in T.O [:

But see the only people that are complete idiots are the first year highschoolers who just discovered pot for the first time. And its not like you are about to give those people charges! (I hope not)

I think the real issue here is the fact that people should be allowed to apply whatever a person wants to their own bodies. I believe that there should be a right to use, I think drugs need to be seen in a clear and realistic light. The fact is that people do a lot of unhealthy things (potentially dangerous things) that brings joy into their lives. Just like someone likes to binge on chocolate for instance. Infact Im going to go out and say binging on chocolate is more dangerous than pot. Yet the perception is that one should be prohibited and the other we can let slide. I think along with the food I eat, I should be able to choose what drugs I do.

Comment

i'm shedding a tear. but, all is not lost.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I know smoking judges, lawyers, doctors, multi-million dollar business owners and even bankers. In fact in one place that I worked, the guy that dealt with the gold bars was a huge pot head and we all knew about it. The owner knew, and smoked spliffs with him. We are talking Bay Street businesses in the financial sector. He was and is the best employee of the firm.

Pot is not a big deal, anyone that makes it out to be is just smelling their own farts. I used to grow a plant in the back yard every year, neighbours did not care and it would last me all year. I still have some Super Silver Haze left from a few seasons ago. Hit it once in a while, its a lot easier on the body than a bottle of scotch.

(and it makes me less mean )

Screw Amsterdam, Canada pot is where its at. I am not even going to go west coast on ya, because the GTA has some of the best bud in the world.
                          Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat Jun 25, 2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                            I know smoking judges, lawyers, doctors, multi-million dollar business owners and even bankers. In fact in one place that I worked, the guy that dealt with the gold bars was a huge pot head and we all knew about it. The owner knew, and smoked spliffs with him. We are talking Bay Street businesses in the financial sector. He was and is the best employee of the firm.

Pot is not a big deal, anyone that makes it out to be is just smelling their own farts. I used to grow a plant in the back yard every year, neighbours did not care and it would last me all year. I still have some Super Silver Haze left from a few seasons ago. Hit it once in a while, its a lot easier on the body than a bottle of scotch.

(and it makes me less mean )

Screw Amsterdam, Canada pot is where its at. I am not even going to go west coast on ya, because the GTA has some of the best bud in the world.
                            Hear, Hear Sir!

Imagine Scotland is they discovered Pot before Scotch! Would be a different world.

Comment

indians have had pot for thousands of years, and they gave us gandhi.
                              Russia has had vodka forever, and the gave us stalin.

Comment

Working...
                              X