Rapcast #107 Sucked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maleko wrote: View Post
    I used to be that way for a very short time, but it, more than in the forums, tends to descend into jabs and insults fast, and for the last period I was reading them, EVERY time. All this within about 5 or 6 posts. Life is too good and too short to take in that much negativity.
    What's funny is that the most generic, level-headed comment, something like, "I think the Raps should draft Kanter", just sets people off and the insults start flying. I mean, it seems to get started on every single thread over about a hundred different things.

I actually like it when there are heated discussions on the forum and even the personal insults are usually good-natured (or intended to be only slightly malevolent). Nothing wrong with a little roughhousing. The stuff on the main page is just ignorant....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      I was listening to it this morning and thinking to myself, "am I the only one who is going to think this is utterly nonsensical and completely wrongheaded in almost every way imaginable?". Clearly, the answer is no.

The most galling to me was the idea the Raptors should basically give up for the next 7 years cause the Heat are unstoppable. Even granting that the ridiculous premise of some team winning 7 years in a row is true, if you tell your fan base that you are packing it in for 6 years or so cause you can't win anyway, well, you won't have a team in 7 years. As a Raptor fan, I have sat through more crappy seasons in the last 16 years than most NBA fans. I am happy to rebuild properly but I also want to see light at the end of the tunnel. If the tunnel is 8 years from now? Count me out, along with a lot of other people.
      I totally agree with you Slaw. Enough is enough. It's like be bullied in Junior High and saying, wait until I'm an adult and I'll grow bigger and hopefully stronger than you and I'll kick your but then. Let's get it on now and if I lose then I lose but at least I know I tried my very best. Come on Raps, PUT UP A FIGHT!

Comment

Love the pod casts. Missed getting my weekly shot of the "Doctor is in" do to Steve's educational pursuits (i think? it's like no one has told him a PhD has the worst ratio of cost to money earned of all educational options.)

I can understand how some felt it was a little heat heavy, but come on the guy has done over 100 and by and large they have been tits!

Also i can't be bothered dealing with the comments sections of articles. CHAOS!!! and there seems to be too many a holes. It doesn't bother me that they are there, 'cus I don't have to read them. The thing I like most about the republic is that level of respect and decency we have towards one another is almost as high as it is in the real world. And for the internet that is a rare thing!
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I use the stuff on the main page to remind of how good we have it in here. Plz don't let the monsters in.
          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
            I use the stuff on the main page to remind of how good we have it in here. Plz don't let the monsters in.
            We try our best bloody.

Comment

Working...
            X