Thread: Wojnarowski: Cavaliers trying to swap picks with Raptors?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wojnarowski: Cavaliers trying to swap picks with Raptors?

And yet, sources said, Cleveland is still trying to engage the Toronto Raptors at No. 5 and the Washington Wizards at No. 6 to find a way to get another asset and still end up with Valanciunas.

LINK

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it. What are we getting?
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I don't get it. What are we getting?
    We'd be guarenteed one of Kanter, Knight, Williams, or Irving.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors Should Give Them The #5 Pick And Bosh's Dreads For The #4 Pick..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't get it etiher...so we'd trade #5 + a player to Clevland for #4?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh... I would be more interested if Utah picks Knight over Kanter. If they pick Kanter, moving up to 4 doesn't really do much for us since Cleveland would unlikely pick Knight at #4, meaning if we wanted Knight, he'd be available at #5 anyway. Then again, they could always trade #4 to someone else who wants Knight.

But hey, #5 and Kleiza for #4 ... DONE DEAL. =)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kanter goes 3rd, then this deal makes absolutely no sense for the Raptors, except to stop another team from moving up. The Raptors end up drafting Knight either way. If the Cavs trade with Sacramento, then the Raptors should take Valanciunas, if for no other reason than the Spurs want him so it's pretty much guaranteed he's going to be a very good player.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote zulfi wrote: View Post
    i don't get it etiher...so we'd trade #5 + a player to Clevland for #4?
    The idea here is that instead of Cleveland picking the player Toronto wants and then shipping him off elsewhere, the Raptors would get that player, but only in exchange for another asset.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    The Raptors don't need to do a trade with them to get a guy they want. If Knight falls to 4th, the Cavs aren't biting. If Knight is gone before 4th then it probably means one of Kanter or Valanciunas will be there at #5. Beyond that I doubt Biyombo or Leonard are on the Cavs' radar. The only way I see it happening is if Knight falls to 4th and Knight is #1 on both the Raptors' and Kings' list. At this point the Cavs may be able to successfully play both teams against each other and squeeze out a deal with the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Rookie BayCityBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say the trigger hasn't been pulled because BC's list has a couple of "1A" selection options. What I mean by this is that he's not hung up on one option and isn't willing to give up an asset/ assets to go one way or another. This draft is all about projects and projections. The certainty is so poor that it doesn't seem worthwhile to make a one spot jump.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no real guarantee that Knight will be picked in the top 4, so I say screw this trade, makes no difference for us.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes zero sense from a Raps perspective.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

As Tim and Arsenalist said, if a trade is made, it's to stop another team from taking the player we want.

Also, even though to us we may not have any real preference for one player over another (or at least not enough to bet big money on it), it's probably a little different from the point of view of the team and its scouts. When each choice is so uncertain, I doubt they'd be willing to take any one of the uncertain prospects -- they'll find a way to feel better about one or two of them over the rest of the choices.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like the cavs just putting shit out there, see what comes back...trying to establish what the worth of the 4th pick is, and then up it by playing teams wanting to move up against each other. there's no reason for toronto to even consider it, since they'll have the pick of whatever 2nd tier talent remains.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani for the number 4?

Draft Knight&Kanter/Valanciunas/Biyombo

Not sure if i'd pull the trigger but i'd sure think about it!
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Thu Jun 23rd, 2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: mostly joking
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think the Cavs are like that asshole that just won a bunch of money, and is now flaunting it to any and everybody just for attention?

"Hey...you wanna trade picks? Hahaha, I know it's a terrible trade for you, but I just thought I'd put it out there..Psych!! Haha. So long looser." (Peels away in his orange convertible, geno-beats blasting).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Anyone else think the Cavs are like that asshole that just won a bunch of money, and is now flaunting it to any and everybody just for attention?

"Hey...you wanna trade picks? Hahaha, I know it's a terrible trade for you, but I just thought I'd put it out there..Psych!! Haha. So long looser." (Peels away in his orange convertible, geno-beats blasting).
    Haha.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm over the moon for Kanter. If the top 3 goes Irving, Williams then Knight I would go crazy if we passed on this. Washington likes Kanter, so they would definately take him if they moved up to 4.

Thread Information