Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bismack Biyombo Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Bismack Biyombo Thread

No Washington tomorrow in Vitoria for Bismack Biyombo's workout. Will be Utah (GM), Toronto (GM), Charlotte, Golden State, Detroit
    Tomorrow Toronto, Washington, Utah and Detroit will travel to Vitoria, Spain to meet and watch Bismack Biyombo in a private workout.
    Twitter/ @ DraftExpress.com

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With Ibaka doing so well in OKC I get why he's intriguing. With that being said 5 is way to high to pick him. If BC is serious about another pick (says he is every year and never gets one) I consider it him outside the lottery.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is certainly being considered as a target for that 2nd top 10 pick ... No, I don't have "sources" ... just seems obvious that his defensive mindset and abilities are the perfect compliment as a C to Bargnani's amazing offensive skills and defensive ills.
    Vesely is likely another target with an 'after 5th' pick.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

For every Ibaka there are a thousand Senes.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    For every Ibaka there are a thousand Senes.
    plus 1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Free Free Palestine wrote: View Post
    plus 1
    plus 2

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    plus 2
    Plus 3..
    But biyombo seems legit to me, just not a top 5 pick

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    He is certainly being considered as a target for that 2nd top 10 pick ... No, I don't have "sources" ... just seems obvious that his defensive mindset and abilities are the perfect compliment as a C to Bargnani's amazing offensive skills and defensive ills.
    Agreed he would offset Dre's limitations on that end of the court but don't we already have Ed who is capable of doing this? Without any clear cut C's in the draft outside of Jonas (and is a project) I'm hoping the Raps go PG and SF in the draft if they manage to get a 2nd pick.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you assume the second top-10 is going to be after 5th?

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Why would you assume the second top-10 is going to be after 5th?
    Colangelo told me so? ... Actually it's because people BC is looking at like Biyombo, Vesely, even Kemba - wouldn't be top 4.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo told me so? ... Actually it's because people BC is looking at like Biyombo, Vesely, even Kemba - wouldn't be top 4.
    And yet has worked out Kanter and BKnight, both of whom are expected to be gone by 5...

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always hated the idea of not drafting a guy simply because it's considered "too high". If the Raptors think Biyombo is the best guy available at 5 (and he very well might be) then they should take him there. A year from now, no one is going to care WHERE you drafted him if he's the 5th best player in the draft.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie HuskyRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always hated the idea of not drafting a guy simply because it's considered "too high". If the Raptors think Biyombo is the best guy available at 5 (and he very well might be) then they should take him there. A year from now, no one is going to care WHERE you drafted him if he's the 5th best player in the draft.
    Gordon Hayward

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that separates Biyombo from other African prospects like Sene, Mbenga, Alabi, etc. to me is his raw athleticism and fluidity (at least from watching YouTube). He doesn't just jog stiffly down the court like you would expect. He sprints a la Joakim Noah and has that Amare quick explosiveness. Not to mention his arms are like hockey sticks... I think the worst-case scenario for him is a foul-prone Joel Anthony, and I can't even imagine the best-case scenario. Ben Wallace? Alonzo Mourning?
    Last edited by jrdyck; Thu Jun 9th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
    Gordon Hayward
    Haywood was projected to go around there, but he clearly wasn't the 9th best player in the draft, and I never thought he was. I thought Paul George and Ed Davis were going to be better pros.

I'm not suggesting you draft the player you want wherever. Ekpe Udoh was simply a bad pick for Golden State at 6th because I don't think anyone thought he would end up being the 6th best player. I didn't even want the Raptors to draft him at 13.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i would rather have biyombo at the 3

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jrdyck wrote: View Post
    The thing that separates Biyombo from other African prospects like Sene, Mbenga, Alabi, etc. to me is his raw athleticism and fluidity (at least from watching YouTube). He doesn't just jog stiffly down the court like you would expect. He sprints a la Joakim Noah and has that Amare quick explosiveness. Not to mention his arms are like hockey sticks... I think the worst-case scenario for him is a foul-prone Joel Anthony, and I can't even imagine the best-case scenario. Ben Wallace? Alonzo Mourning?
    +1. On top of that everything I've read about him basically says he's gym rat, great leader and hustles on every play. He's like a much for natually gifted version of Amir, his potential is through the roof. I don't see why everything thinks "it's too high" to draft him. He has everything we need right now + all the stuff I said above.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    +1. On top of that everything I've read about him basically says he's gym rat, great leader and hustles on every play. He's like a much for natually gifted version of Amir, his potential is through the roof. I don't see why everything thinks "it's too high" to draft him. He has everything we need right now + all the stuff I said above.
    +1

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My concern about Biyombo is if he can play center. At only 6'9, 240 I can't see him playing the 5. Maybe the 4, but we have enough PF's already. People are already questioning Kanter's height, and Biyombo is 2 feet shorter.

If we're picking the best player available at 5, then I would think Walker or Knight would be better. I'd only go for Biyombo if BC some how got a second pick in the top 10 and Biyombo was still around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    My concern about Biyombo is if he can play center. At only 6'9, 240 I can't see him playing the 5. Maybe the 4, but we have enough PF's already. People are already questioning Kanter's height, and Biyombo is 2 feet shorter.

If we're picking the best player available at 5, then I would think Walker or Knight would be better. I'd only go for Biyombo if BC some how got a second pick in the top 10 and Biyombo was still around.
    Height matters very little. What matters most is length and strength, and Biyombo has more than enough of those. Ben Wallace is shorter than Biyombo and won the Defensive Player of the Year award something like 4 times. I have some questions about Biyombo, but whether he's big enough to play the position isn't one of them.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information