No announcement yet.

The Bismack Biyombo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he joins, frontcourt would be loaded with davis, amir, bargnani, alabi. Not to mention FAs such as dorsey and evans (and i want evans back as a mentor, only at a cheap price though and i wouldnt mind dorsey either)
    When you draft a guy at #5, the chances are that you want to play him A LOT, and that's not gonna happen because 85-90% of the playing time in the frontcourt are occupied by bargnani, amir, and davis.
    Therefore at this point, the raptors should be and better be leaning forward to draft a PG and SF, therefore the candidates (to me) are only Knight, Walker, and Leonard in that order.
    Knight has the highest potential, Walker is the best Leader in the draft, and Leonard's the best defended in the draft, can't go wrong with any of these 3
    Some might put Kanter on that list too but i am not too sold on that guy, because I am one of the few guys who still have faith in bargnani.

Comment

I wouldn't draft him with the second overall either. With colangelos stating that he would want to acquire a second late lottery pick, i would love to have bismack on the team. The other thing is, some scouts think that he would be able to play the 5. Given the fact that the raptors need a five that will block some shots and provide lane intimidation. It's funny how so many people will say how bad the defense is but when we have a shot at bringing in some defenders, people seem to want to go another direction. Last time i checked colangelo only had 2 years left and if the raptors do end up bringing in dwane casey than bismack would thrive from a defensive standpoint. We have had too many years where we have not had a true 5 and looking at things now, the raptors have a good chance at taking a major stride in defense in terms of defense.

As good as reggie was, i dont see why the raptors would bring him back. He needs to play on a good team. He's better than dorsey at grabbing rebounds but dorsey is the same type of player and is younger and is a better finisher. With ed davis who's offensive game has ways to go, i don't know if evans would be logical to bring back.

As for leonard, i really like him but he would be a good perimeter defender and a rebounder but not a guy that would have some lane intimidation.

Pretty much what i am saying is that if the raptors did acquire another loterry pick, bismack would probably be ideal because the wings would be able to gamble a bit more and would defiately bring the best out of bargnani

Comment

Biyombo vs. Vesely

It appears the Raps are going to draft either Biyombo or Vesely (see http://www.basketusa.com/news/71852/...smack-biyombo/). I really hope they don't waste their pick on Biyombo; he's undersized, raw offensively and plays the same position as Ed and Amir.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          If Colangelo feels he's the right pick then I can't question it. The man has an excellent track record. I am hoping he instead moves Bargnani and gets a second top ten pick. I'd really like to see Walker in Toronto. If they could draft Walker and Biyombo then that's a pretty good day at the office for Colangelo in terms of adding talent and filling team needs.
          Good points. 5 is much too high for him in my opinion. Hopefully there would be a second 1st round pick. Biyombo would be another project in the Alabi mold though.

Comment

AllenL2R wrote: View Post
            It appears the Raps are going to draft either Biyombo or Vesely (see http://www.basketusa.com/news/71852/...smack-biyombo/). I really hope they don't waste their pick on Biyombo; he's undersized, raw offensively and plays the same position as Ed and Amir.
            Biyombo is nearly 250 lbs and will have one of the longest standing reaches and wingspans in the NBA. He is far from undersized.

Comment

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20173

Green Room Invitees Announced

No Biyombo

Comment

PAT_5 wrote: View Post
                Seems like a risky situation but i feel like i would not mind if the raptors bring him in. The only concern i would have it what would happen with the solomon situation.

Watching biyombo play, he seems to play with some grit, although he is raw, he is explosive, loves to block shots, set screens and rebound. Some thing the raptors have lacked since the jyd and ad days.

What do you guys think?
                1) Alabi was a 2nd round pick
                2) Alabi is raw at everything
                3) Bismack != Alabi. They only thing that is the same is that they are both black and can play C.

Comment

Knicks Interested In Trading Up For Biyombo

The New York Knicks have expressed interest in moving up in the draft to acquire Bismack Biyombo, the raw Congolese shot-blocker.

An 18-year old center who exploded onto the scene after a dominating performance in the Nike Hoop Summit in April, Biyombo has quite a few interested suitors.

The Knicks would likely have to move ahead of Golden State at No. 11 to acquire him, while teams as high as Toronto at No. 5 are bringing him in for last-minute workouts.
                  http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Up_For_Biyombo

Comment

i think we need to play Alabi more next year

Comment

@Probballdraft has been burning up the Twitter-sphere today with rumors that the Utah Jazz and Toronto Raptors may be looking to make a deal should the Cleveland Cavaliers select Duke's Kyrie Irving with the first-overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft as most expect they will, tweeting:

"Hearing some within the @Utah_Jazz believe UT should take Kanter 3rd & then trade #12 to the #Raptors for #5 & Brandon Knight."

In that event, @Probballdraft explains that the Jazz would reportedly take Kanter at No. 3 and swap the 12th pick, along with either Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap, to the Raptors for the fifth-overall pick, which would presumably turn into Knight. Toronto would then spend the Jazz's second selection on Bismack Biyombo of the Congo.

I don't see this happen just cause Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson coming back to us. I think we would have way to many bigs. If they mentioned AK but a big no way.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

d-money wrote: View Post
                        bismack+alabi combined gives you a triple double everynight...10 fouls.10 minutes.10 turn-overs..now that is building a contender.
                        a-men.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Add 10 missed FTs to that list and you're set.

Comment

but i'd still take him over vesely
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah, me too. If Colangelo is interested in Biyombo as a lotto pick then he has more ability than most around here think. He's an intriguing pick that also scares me a little. If he's taken at 12 then I'm fine with it...

Comment

Interview

Grantland: A lot of teams are giving you serious consideration in the draft. There's easily 10 or 12 cities where you could wind up. Let's play a game: I'll say the name of a city and you say the first word that comes to mind. Any word you want — just the first word that pops into your head. Cool?

Biyombo: Cool.

Grantland: OK, here we go. Washington, D.C.

Biyombo: No.

Grantland: OK. Detroit.

Biyombo: Detroit? Yes.

Grantland: Toronto.

Biyombo: Yes.

Grantland: Houston.

Biyombo: Yes.

Grantland: Wait. Hold on. Do you know anything about these cities? Or are you just randomly saying "Yes" and "No"?

Biyombo: When the teams come over here to work me out, I learn about every city so I'm prepared to meet with them. I take a lot of time to learn everything I can about the city and the team, so I know what's going on. I do a lot of online research.
                                Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Working...
                                X