The Bismack Biyombo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bismack Biyombo Thread

No Washington tomorrow in Vitoria for Bismack Biyombo's workout. Will be Utah (GM), Toronto (GM), Charlotte, Golden State, Detroit
    Tomorrow Toronto, Washington, Utah and Detroit will travel to Vitoria, Spain to meet and watch Bismack Biyombo in a private workout.
    Twitter/ @ DraftExpress.com

With Ibaka doing so well in OKC I get why he's intriguing. With that being said 5 is way to high to pick him. If BC is serious about another pick (says he is every year and never gets one) I consider it him outside the lottery.

Comment

He is certainly being considered as a target for that 2nd top 10 pick ... No, I don't have "sources" ... just seems obvious that his defensive mindset and abilities are the perfect compliment as a C to Bargnani's amazing offensive skills and defensive ills.
      Vesely is likely another target with an 'after 5th' pick.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

For every Ibaka there are a thousand Senes.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          For every Ibaka there are a thousand Senes.
          plus 1

Comment

Free Free Palestine wrote: View Post
            plus 1
            plus 2
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              plus 2
              Plus 3..
              But biyombo seems legit to me, just not a top 5 pick

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                He is certainly being considered as a target for that 2nd top 10 pick ... No, I don't have "sources" ... just seems obvious that his defensive mindset and abilities are the perfect compliment as a C to Bargnani's amazing offensive skills and defensive ills.
                Agreed he would offset Dre's limitations on that end of the court but don't we already have Ed who is capable of doing this? Without any clear cut C's in the draft outside of Jonas (and is a project) I'm hoping the Raps go PG and SF in the draft if they manage to get a 2nd pick.

Comment

Why would you assume the second top-10 is going to be after 5th?

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                    Why would you assume the second top-10 is going to be after 5th?
                    Colangelo told me so? ... Actually it's because people BC is looking at like Biyombo, Vesely, even Kemba - wouldn't be top 4.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Colangelo told me so? ... Actually it's because people BC is looking at like Biyombo, Vesely, even Kemba - wouldn't be top 4.
                      And yet has worked out Kanter and BKnight, both of whom are expected to be gone by 5...

Comment

I've always hated the idea of not drafting a guy simply because it's considered "too high". If the Raptors think Biyombo is the best guy available at 5 (and he very well might be) then they should take him there. A year from now, no one is going to care WHERE you drafted him if he's the 5th best player in the draft.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I've always hated the idea of not drafting a guy simply because it's considered "too high". If the Raptors think Biyombo is the best guy available at 5 (and he very well might be) then they should take him there. A year from now, no one is going to care WHERE you drafted him if he's the 5th best player in the draft.
                          Gordon Hayward

Comment

The thing that separates Biyombo from other African prospects like Sene, Mbenga, Alabi, etc. to me is his raw athleticism and fluidity (at least from watching YouTube). He doesn't just jog stiffly down the court like you would expect. He sprints a la Joakim Noah and has that Amare quick explosiveness. Not to mention his arms are like hockey sticks... I think the worst-case scenario for him is a foul-prone Joel Anthony, and I can't even imagine the best-case scenario. Ben Wallace? Alonzo Mourning?
                            Last edited by jrdyck; Thu Jun 9, 2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
                              Gordon Hayward
                              Haywood was projected to go around there, but he clearly wasn't the 9th best player in the draft, and I never thought he was. I thought Paul George and Ed Davis were going to be better pros.

I'm not suggesting you draft the player you want wherever. Ekpe Udoh was simply a bad pick for Golden State at 6th because I don't think anyone thought he would end up being the 6th best player. I didn't even want the Raptors to draft him at 13.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X