Crazy talk about Bosh returning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy talk about Bosh returning

Might be funny or crazy talk for others, but i thought id just throw it out there.....coz im bored, hehehe.

If the Heat are willing to take on Bargnani and Calderon, would you be willing to accept Bosh in return?

Of course other players need to be thrown in to make the salaries work, but what im trying to get at is since most of us are eager to send Bargnani and Calderon packing, are you willing to trade them at the expense of reacquiring Bosh, of course, instantly making him again the face of the franchise and eventually rebuilding around him.

It might be a possibility, since i read an article (sorry cant remember where, might be realgm) that sources said Riley may be open to dealing Bosh if they dont win the championship.....

Your thoughts....
    Last edited by Arsenalist; Sat Jun 11, 2011, 12:27 AM. Reason: Add an ounce of meaning to the title.

Would I? Fuck yeah, I would. For just Bargnani and Calderon? Damn straight I would. I never thought ill of Bosh. But I wouldn't want him leading this team. It's already proven that he can't, but as second banana, for sure. If you move Davis to the 5 and Bosh at the 4, that's a pretty nice front count.

Comment

No, I don't want him back here. I like where the team is heading now without Bosh.

Comment

Bosh is great and is much better than both Bargnani and Calderon but the problem is that Bosh is a max contract guy, yet he's not worth a max contract. Even in a new CBA and contracts are rolled back a bit, its still an issue. That's the reason why I don't want Gay. Even though he would be outstanding, its too much money for one person.

Also I don't see how fans can forgive him for how he left Toronto. He was a classy guy right until the end. It'll just create a bad locker room environment if he came back. Too much negativity. It'd be similar if TMAC or Vince ever came back. Just too much bad blood.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Would I? Fuck yeah, I would. For just Bargnani and Calderon? Damn straight I would. I never thought ill of Bosh. But I wouldn't want him leading this team. It's already proven that he can't, but as second banana, for sure. If you move Davis to the 5 and Bosh at the 4, that's a pretty nice front count.
          Thats why i posted this thread, i thought it could be nonsense but then it peeked my curiosity. See that would be the problem, the moment you welcome back Bosh, no way in hell would he play second banana in a team like the Raps. Maybe not an accurate statement but IMO Bosh can be the franchise player in more than half of the teams in the league, Raps included. I literally hate the guy and ive said it before, but with the current raps rotation, if he comes in here, he will be the best player on this team and again IMO, your best player usually is your franchise player, someone you will have to build around.

so for me, it would probably make sense to get back bosh since he is way better than having bargnani and calderon, but id rather keep the two.

Comment

No thanks! That is all.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

No, he's past news, time to move on from the bum.

Comment

no. just no. god that would just set up so many awkward interviews...
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

NO.

I was never of the opinion that Bosh was a great #1 option/franchise player/someoneone to build a team around. And my opinion has not changed...rather he has done nothing since he left that makes me change my mind (even if the Heat wins the trophy). Do we want the slowed down offense again?? Putting Davis at 5 would be wrong...he is not yet built for it and would be playing him out of position never mind the possibility he might be against it...which opens up another can of worms.

Comment

you won't hear me praising Bosh any time soon, but if the choice is Bosh or Bargnani, even at their given contracts, its Bosh any day of the weak (yes that spelling is intended).

Problems though:

1) he needs a legit C to work with. If the Raps were able to draft Kanter and he turned out to be a inside player and able to play D he could potentially match well with Bosh

2) Raps already have two PFs (Amir and Ed) who offer much better value than Bosh.

3) Bosh is overpaid for what he does. Even the 14 mil per he made when he was here I thought was to high... although understandable

4) No star player to lead the team and use Bosh as the 2nd or 3rd guy

5) would rather have Jose at 10 mil for the next 2 years than Bosh at 15+ for the next 4(?) years

All in all I don't think Bosh returning ends up being a benifit to the team... oh yeah plus he's turned himself into a bitch.

Comment

So...we couldn't build around him for 7 yrs but now that he left immaturely (not an issue to me he left but how he did it), is older, more injury prone, costing more money, next to players who are a few yrs away from prime, with two young promising players at the same position, going into an uncertain CBA it makes sense? Count me out on this one.

Comment

No ... dumb repeat thread
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          No ... dumb repeat thread
                          Actually, this is not a repeat thread.

I think people are focusing on one part of my inquiry, im not asking if youd welcome Bosh back, im asking if youd welcome Bosh based on the departure of Bargnani and Calderon.

Try to analyze and not judge right away.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            NO.

I was never of the opinion that Bosh was a great #1 option/franchise player/someoneone to build a team around. And my opinion has not changed...rather he has done nothing since he left that makes me change my mind (even if the Heat wins the trophy). Do we want the slowed down offense again?? Putting Davis at 5 would be wrong...he is not yet built for it and would be playing him out of position never mind the possibility he might be against it...which opens up another can of worms.
                            Exactly what we don't need, another 4 playing the 5 for us. Antonio Davis did it for a while, Bosh did it, Bargs has done it, and now Davis? I pray it doesn't happen to him. While AD played effectively, Bosh did ok early on considering, and Bargs... well shit, you know. We need a true C, with size, gerth, and not to mention game play that position. To me, Ed Davis is a 4 and always will be. If he's thrown into the C position and asked to hold it down somewhat a la Noah, he'll be gone once his 4 years are done.

I don't know who the answer is at the C position, given the fact we don't know what happens in the draft or Free Agency, but I would for once like some stability there where we don't have to play a PF out of position.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              Actually, this is not a repeat thread.

I think people are focusing on one part of my inquiry, im not asking if youd welcome Bosh back, im asking if youd welcome Bosh based on the departure of Bargnani and Calderon.
                              Try to analyze and not judge right away.
                              Fully aware of your terms, fully analysed and fully rejected from my point of view.

Comment

Working...
                              X