Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The T-Ball/Slo-Pitch Thread. What sport do y'all play?(Any)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The T-Ball/Slo-Pitch Thread. What sport do y'all play?(Any)

Ok, maybe we can throw the T-Ball bit out the window, unless some of you have children playing. Those "T-Ball Tuesdays" bits on CITY are awesome though...

In some of our day-and-age we are forced to play some sports we may rather wish we didn't. For some of us, we love it!

I happen to play in a few slo-pitch leagues(get ur laughs in), one men's, and the second is co-ed. Drinking plenty of beers go hand-in-hand! If you knock it, you probably just suck and won't admit it!

I've played baseball/whatever-you-call-it my whole life and love it. I'm just trying to get a feel as to what other sports most of you guys have/do play.

Okayyyyyyyyyy............ Go.

I don't know if any of you heard of it and i never played in an actuall league per say. but, back in high school gym class we use to play a game called "aussie ball".

not sure many besides australians know what it is but seriously fun game.

it's basically all explained here

to break it down, it's probably best played with a soccer ball, you run up and down the field and every five steps you have to bounce the ball or tap it on your ankle/foot, you can drop-kick the ball and if someone catches it, it is a free kick.

meanwhile, well you are running up/down the field the opposing teams players are trying to wrap you and if you get wrapped it's a turn over.

to prevent getting wrapped you pass it to your teammates except you can only drop-kick it to them or you have to "Bump" or punch it towards them like a volleyball basically.

and then when you feel yu are close enough you can either drop-kick it through the uprights for 3 points, kick it between the goal posts for two, or simply just get it to land past what would be the touchdown line in football anywhere that is not out of bounds for 1.
    however, for the points to count it has to hit the ground past the touchdown line.

meanwhile, well you are trying to do that there is one or more goalies standing behind the line and if they prevent it from landing past the line by deflecting it or catching it no points are scored. as well as the goalies can also be players and wrap you or run up and score.

not to mention if you go past a certain line on the field you can't attempt to score and have to pass it backwards to a teammate in play.

that's how we played anyway.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

have soft balls for baseball gotten bigger over the years or something? i was walking my dog through christie pits on the weekend, and there was a buncha people practicing on the diamond, and i swore the balls they were using were the size of canteloupes

i havent really played any sport in ages....

i run, if that counts........... ya, i didnt think so.

Comment

no, there still the same size.

which is about a 3/4 squash.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I've never heard of it called "Aussie Ball", only "Aussie Rules". They play something similar in Ireland called Gaelic football. I guess they're all pretty much the same as rugby, no? I've pretty much stuck to my North American sports throughout my life though, American/Canadian football, street hockey, basketball and baseball. Never cared much for soccer, I found there to be too much running around! I'm not a huge fan of running, unless it's short bursts or sprints. Haha, I digress...

Comment

I play ice hockey all year around on Friday mornings. Beyond that I play a little golf. Last summer I played Ultimate Frisbee but I stopped going when some of the people started getting serious and wanted to have practices with drills and call set plays during pickup games. Come on, it's Frisbee for crying out loud... I do some fishing if you consider that a sport. If I go the gym to lift weights I'll usually shoot some hoops after if I wasn't doing an upper body workout.. But beyond that I don't get to ball much.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Last summer I played Ultimate Frisbee but I stopped going when some of the people started getting serious and wanted to have practices with drills and call set plays during pickup games. Come on, it's Frisbee for crying out loud...
              i have a few friends who're pretty serious about it, to the point that if you call it "ultimate frisbee" they'll correct you and say "it's just ULTIMATE"..

i call it Frisbee Tag, or Mid-life Crisis Touch Football

the same group of friends also play in a dodgeball league... i've sat at a strip joint with them and had to listen to them bitch each other out for their poor game strategies... its embarassing

you know its bad when you're embarassed about strippers thinking you're a bunch of losers
              Last edited by heinz57; Mon Jun 20, 2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Yeah I hear you. They were far more serious about their game than my Friday morning pickup hockey crowd were about hockey.

Comment

Working...
                X