Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brandon Knight's stock is dropping/Calipari attempting to raise stock (post #18)

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Some high praise. Whether it is deserving, time will tell.
    My god was he on crack? (I don't mean the praise part.) For a solid coach, he sure cannot keep a straight thought process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't understand Knight's agent not letting him workout against others. 1 on 1 is where Knight should have an advantage over others because he's tall, quick and can score. Where he wouldn't look as good is in a game situation where he is supposed to pass the ball and run the offense.
    I think if you look at it from a risk/reward perspective it makes sense. Right now, Knight's floor is #7, his ceiling is#3. If he works out and knocks it out of the park then... his floor is #7 and his ceiling is #3. If he works out and Fredette or Walker are on fire (which they both can be) then his ceiling is #5 and his floor is #7 or lower. Yes, by working out he could solidify himself as the #3 pick but is the risk of falling worth ensuring yourself a spot you might have anyway?

There could also be other factors we do not know about right now. The obvious one being that maybe he doesn't want to go to Utah. I wouldn't.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, there's little incentive to workout just to cement your spot, and more incentive for those who can potentially move up (means more $$$). I wouldn't discredit Knight for balking, unless we discredit every top pick who has refused to participate in whatever, nor would I give credit to those with much to gain and little to lose for their willingness to participate. It's all just strategy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I think if you look at it from a risk/reward perspective it makes sense. Right now, Knight's floor is #7, his ceiling is#3. If he works out and knocks it out of the park then... his floor is #7 and his ceiling is #3. If he works out and Fredette or Walker are on fire (which they both can be) then his ceiling is #5 and his floor is #7 or lower. Yes, by working out he could solidify himself as the #3 pick but is the risk of falling worth ensuring yourself a spot you might have anyway?

There could also be other factors we do not know about right now. The obvious one being that maybe he doesn't want to go to Utah. I wouldn't.
    And why could he not do what the Jazz have asked for and not do that with the other teams?

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't understand Knight's agent not letting him workout against others. 1 on 1 is where Knight should have an advantage over others because he's tall, quick and can score. Where he wouldn't look as good is in a game situation where he is supposed to pass the ball and run the offense.
    what i was thinking was that if knight plays against walker and fredette and knight is showed up he could slip all the way down to 7ish. but if he just keeps doning the single workout the lowest he would go is 5 to the raps. why risk it at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

That depends on who's in the room. Do you think Utah is going to let Toronto in the room? I don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information