Ripples From Mavs Win Changing Views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maleko wrote: View Post
    And yet Kobe is a 23.9 at 32. PER is not the be-all end-all. Age is definitely a factor though. All things equal I take Wade every time on my team over Lebron, (btw Lebron is 26 not 25) but he (Wade) is more of a flow guy for a team. Lebron gets his assists, but never seems to get his teammates in the flow of the game. I was excited to watch him as a player coming into the league, and have been disappointed ever since. Will he win a ring or rings? I truly am back and forth on that, but the smart money is on yes at least one. But before he gets one he will have to mature a lot, and I have seen many an excuse saying he is still young and needs time to mature. BS. He is freakin 26. Sure Lebron is a great player, but watching any games of the Heat this year, the team flows way better with Wade on the floor. Now, since Wade is 29 going on 30 as you say, that does have an effect, but considering salary and timing, I keep Wade over Lebron, especially since I get more for trading Lebron.
    Sure LJ will win one. I think what you meant tosay was whether he will win as a true catalyst/linchpin/because of him reason. Like MJ, Kobe, Dirk, Bird, Magic, Karim even Garnett and Shaq etc....players who were clearly the leaders or A1 of their teams. I did nt think so and this is a bit sacrilegeous but he needs to improve his game! The post mostly. He has been cruising on his athleticism so far but the Mavs defense seems to have exposed at least a flaw...that he cannot maintain his jump shot for too long. And of course deal with that intangible...the deer in the headlights look when its crunch time in the big games (not in season)....when he is behind and the defense is fierce and his j is not falling. This has at least happened in two consecutive playoff years. And stop calling himself King James until at least he has won the big one. MJ afterall took 7 yrs. before that happened @28.

As far as rings go. Adam Morrison after all won/has multiple rings by just being there!

Comment

Fact ...

Maleko wrote: View Post
      And yet Kobe is a 23.9 at 32. PER is not the be-all end-all. Age is definitely a factor though. All things equal I take Wade every time on my team over Lebron, (btw Lebron is 26 not 25) but he (Wade) is more of a flow guy for a team. Lebron gets his assists, but never seems to get his teammates in the flow of the game. I was excited to watch him as a player coming into the league, and have been disappointed ever since. Will he win a ring or rings? I truly am back and forth on that, but the smart money is on yes at least one. But before he gets one he will have to mature a lot, and I have seen many an excuse saying he is still young and needs time to mature. BS. He is freakin 26. Sure Lebron is a great player, but watching any games of the Heat this year, the team flows way better with Wade on the floor. Now, since Wade is 29 going on 30 as you say, that does have an effect, but considering salary and timing, I keep Wade over Lebron, especially since I get more for trading Lebron.
      The average career of 30 retired NBA all-stars had PERs of:
      PER: 09 09 19 21 28 29 21 17 23 14 14 11

I'll continue to use PER until someone shows me a faster way to measure a career more accurately, thank you very much.
      Last edited by Boko; Fri Jun 17, 2011, 06:35 PM. Reason: syncronization

Comment

Boko wrote: View Post
        The average career of 30 retired NBA all-stars had PERs of:
        PER: 09 09 19 21 28 29 21 17 23 14 14 11

I'll continue to use PER until someone shows me a faster way to measure a career more accurately, thank you very much.
        ok then. You are welcome very much, but maybe you shouldn't get testy, just relax man, I was in no way attacking your data, simply expressing an opinion that suggests looking beyond just the PER for a decision should one need to be made in Miami's case.

However, since you are using PER and an average of players (yes yes all-star) at that, it should not, in my opinion of course here not any attack at you please in no way take this personally or heretofore perceive as a slight against your method of measurements to base your opinions on players to keep or trade in perpetuity (I hope you are reading the lightness of tone here), be the only consideration and that judging a player on previous player averages is not telling a whole story. Yes, every player declines as they age, they are not wines or top end cigars (although some sure seem to whine a lot, ok...too much), however my point as I at least tried to convey, again in my opinion, is that Wade is a more valuable player to the team than Lebron, and Lebron is more valuable as a trade chip. Your 30 retired all-stars aside, Kobe is, in fact, drastically beyond them in terms of his 23.9 PER at age 32, so perhaps both Wade and Lebron are outliers in the data as well.

That aside, a more serious question for you is given your argument and data as a reason for keeping or trading players, should Miami wait and dump Lebron also after next year since that will be his final peak year, and his trade value should be at his peak as well?

Comment

Your reply would appear testy, as well, if you had two tooth root infections ...

As a GM, I'd at least consider trading a 28 year old. It would depend on what people were offering me in return. To me, a team full of 25 to 30 year olds is optimal, period. But that's just me...

Comment

Boko wrote: View Post
            Your reply would appear testy, as well, if you had two tooth root infections ...

As a GM, I'd at least consider trading a 28 year old. It would depend on what people were offering me in return. To me, a team full of 25 to 30 year olds is optimal, period. But that's just me...
            Actually me as well. Youth, athleticism, one would assume some talent, and it salary shouldn't be stupidly out of hand.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Wade isn't average. That's the thing.
              ya you can't call a guy who lead his team to a championship down 0 -2 to dallas average.

Comment

Working...
              X