LeBron James Day- Internationally Recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron James Day- Internationally Recognized

In order to celebrate the "King of Basketball", today has been declared "LeBron James Day". You may all leave work 12 minutes early.

BayCityBaller wrote: View Post
    You may all leave work 12 minutes early.
    Took me a bit to get where you were going with this ... but I get it now. Clever. haha

Deshawn Stevenson called LeBron overrated, like 3 years ago. I agreed with him then. Agree even more so now.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Took me a bit to get where you were going with this ... but I get it now. Clever. haha
      lol..me too. i clicked on this thread thinking i was going to have to do some cussing

Comment

I woke up this morning to my usual life and problems, and I realized that Lebron is still suck with a low IQ and the brain of a child trapped in the body of a man, totally void of class and humility.

...and no amount of money will every change that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...wn-lousy-life/

After his Miami Heat lost the NBA Finals to the Dallas Mavericks Sunday, LeBron James was asked about the fans who've rooted against him since he publicly dumped his former team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, on ESPN's The Decision.

In response, James told the haters to get a life, according to the Associated Press.

"All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. So they can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they got to get back to the real world at some point."

The comments came off churlish to NBA analysts on ESPN2's Mike and Mike in the Morning Monday.

"He needs to learn to speak to the media. He puts his foot in his mouth time and time again," said Jalen Rose.

Jon Barry said the ring-less King James needs to "think" about the implications of his comments before making them. "Don't tweet at 2:30 in the morning. Don't say we're going to win 5,6,7,8 championships."

But Tim Legler excused it as natural frustration after a year of getting beat up by fans and the press. "There's only so much a human being can listen to."

James' post-game comments also annoyed some Game On! readers who blasted him as "LeChoke" and "LeBrat."

Countered reader klmdia: "We may need to get a life -- but LeBron needs to get a fourth quarter."

SouthernBelle45 wrote James "needs to grow up and realize that God gave him his talents and can take them away. I may not have the wealth that he has but I am rich in other ways. Always remember LeBron, the same people you meet going up, may be the same people you meet going down! Never forget where you come from!"

Others thought the comments came off as sports royalty telling humble fans: Let them eat cake.

"Yeah LeBron. I did wake up to my middle class existence, not having a fraction of the wealth as you," wrote whittierte. "Nor do I have to wake up, then spend endless days and nights knowing what a choke I am, and how millions of people, because I am a schmuck, really want to see me fail. I can live with that LeBron. Can you?

Wrote genmil1: "No one made him predict even one championship, he did it. No one made him move to Miami, he did it. No one made him make fun of Nowitzki, he did it. And so on. Wonder if there is a no-trade clause in that contract."

Added h2opoloman: "Actually my life is no different today than yesterday. His is. He has to think about this all summer."

But reader shagitz defended James for using The Decision to raise money for charity. "Most are giving him a raw deal. He raised ($2 million) for Boys and Girls Clubs with his announcement. Haters, how much have you raised for any charity yet? How many of you even donate?"
        Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Mon Jun 13, 2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

He is so stupid. You could tell from his response and expression he was thinking he was so smart and righteous.

Those people who care so much and use professional sports as a means to get away from their supposed miserable existence are the same people who make you who you are and give you the opportunities and lifestyle you have.

Bite the hand that feeds much?

No class.

No appreciation.

No title.

Comment

I believe the word "Smug" is what popped up in my mind when I saw that stupid grin on his face.

Or perhaps it was "Smug Bastard".

ADD
            smug/sməg/
            Adjective: Having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.
            ADD
            Great Simpsons reference. There should be more of those around these parts.

Comment

Lebron should switch sports , maybe hockey, they don't have 4th quarters so he will be just fine.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                if i was lebron, i'd fire his entire entourage for not telling him that those earrings don't distract from his UGLY at all.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  if i was lebron, i'd fire his entire entourage for not telling him that those earrings don't distract from his UGLY at all.
                  HAHAHAH

Gold.

Comment

Someone like MJ or Karl Malone, needs to tell LeBron he lost the war with his hairline.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

In regards to the charity thing. That's awesome that he raised $2M in charity for underprivileged children... But last year when he moved from Cleveland to Miami I think it was Forbes who projected that the city of Cleveland's economy was going to essentially lose out on $1 BILLION in lost revenues. Of that $1B, how much would eventually trickle into youth programs and the schooling system? I'm thinking more than $2M. What about all those parents who have to earn money to put food on the table in Cleveland? Most of that $1B is their loss. But LeBron knows this and so does Cleveland. His bullshit spin doctors must think we're all naive idiots.

How many millions does it take to purchase class? LeBron can't tell you because he hasn't even bothered to look it up yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X