Could Ed Davis be our Tyson Chandler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I think you are right that Noah would not make that big of a difference on most teams, but on the Raps he would be a game changer. You take out a notoriously bad defender and rebounder who does no dirty work in Bargs and put in Noah and I think you completely change this franchise. The difference he could make in terms of the mental influence he would bring can`t be overlooked. This coming season if we had Casey as our coach and started Jose, Demar, JJ, Ed Davis, and Noah with Amir, Evans, Julian Wright and Barbosa coming off the bench I think we make the playoffs.
    Defensively I like that lineup. But I still think they'd be another year away from the playoffs. Maybe they could fight for the last spot, but I think they'd be too offensively challenged. Just think of the crappy offence Toronto would have if Evans and Noah were on the court at the same time, with no one on the perimeter to drain a 3 ball.

But...

If Toronto is still in full rebuild mode next season and are willing to lose in order to build chemistry and develop players, I could be ok with that lineup hoping that in the draft of 2012, the Raptors could draft a stud long ball shooter at the 3 spot.
    Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
      Defensively I like that lineup. But I still think they'd be another year away from the playoffs. Maybe they could fight for the last spot, but I think they'd be too offensively challenged. Just think of the crappy offence Toronto would have if Evans and Noah were on the court at the same time, with no one on the perimeter to drain a 3 ball.

But...

If Toronto is still in full rebuild mode next season and are willing to lose in order to build chemistry and develop players, I could be ok with that lineup hoping that in the draft of 2012, the Raptors could draft a stud long ball shooter at the 3 spot.
      I definitely wouldn't want that line up this coming season, it was more of a theoretical thought than a plan. They could probably make the playoffs a couple time but there is no way that team ever come close to a title even if Demar and Ed become all-stars. Basically their ceiling would be the Hawks unless we got lucky with free agents. As much as I like the Hawks, they are never going to win a title without making some major moves. I would much rather continue the rebuild and make a few moves to get a really good pick again next season. Then we have 4 young players who could become stars in Demar, Ed, this years pick (Kanter, Kawhi, Walker) and whoever 2012's pick would be (Barnes or Perry Jones). That would be a team that could compete in a couple years if they could all be kept together.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
      X