TOTAL SPECULATION: Thompson to Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Colangelo has one of the best draft track records in the league. Whoever they draft at #5 I hope they "play the crap out of him". With such a young team who isn't focused on winning right now, I'm all for playing the young guys a lot.
    I am all for our young guys getting minutes. I just hope there is a better balance between time allotment and desire to play.

I kind of got the impression that Bargnani never quite developed the hunger for his time. I don't want some of these kids thinking that their minutes are guaranteed, if someone pushes your for your position, you better show up, not act all secure in knowing that you will get time regardless.

I think the best development happens in the context of a team system with clear definitions, objectives and responsibilities. If this structure is not in place with a new coach, then its going to be another horrible season. By no means am I expecting immediate success, I just want a consistent system in place. With realistic expectations.

Comment

Donnie Brasco wrote: View Post
      Other than random speculation on this website, what leads you to believe that the brass envisions Ed Davis as our Centre of the future?
      there was a article from ed davis's dad about ed becoming stronger and hitting the gym hard and they talked about him playing center. also... the raps announcers called him a center at the start of every game.

Comment

Maybe he'll grow into an Antonio Davis type of player.
        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          there was a article from ed davis's dad about ed becoming stronger and hitting the gym hard and they talked about him playing center. also... the raps announcers called him a center at the start of every game.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQZ_...96E0AF4E2F31A4

Ya your right. Weird, never noticed that before.

Comment

I think Tristan will be a great NBA player ... but he's a few inches short to fill our need at C ... would be the 3rd or 4th best PF on our team right now.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I fully expect that Tristan will be a high-value pick. In saying that, he will only be that if picked at 10 or later. 5 is not the spot to gamble on the redundancy of a 6'9" shot blocking, rebounding, defense first PF/C. We are already working on the development of one of those in Ed. Even if the Raps were to pick up another lottery pick, I'd rather see that spent on a Biyombo, Vesely or Leonard. all that being said, some mocks now have Tristan going as high as #6 to Washington so who knows where this draft goes past #2.

Comment

Christ, maybe he's just coming home for the weekend.

Comment

BC should be working out every single lottery-talent. He wouldn't be doing his due diligence otherwise.

That said, it was not that long ago that I hoped we'd trade for two extra mid-1st round picks and a 2nd rounder to use on Thompson, Singleton and Darius Morris, respectively. Since then, Thompson and Morris have both soared up the draft boards, and even Singleton is being considered in the late lottery. =(

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
                    Christ, maybe he's just coming home for the weekend.
                    Seriously? Were you THAT lazy that you didn't bother to read the first page of the thread? I mean, I know it's a daunting task, being one page and all.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      Seriously? Were you THAT lazy that you didn't bother to read the first page of the thread? I mean, I know it's a daunting task, being one page and all.
                      --------
                      pffft - someone speculating "Seems kinda weird that the Raps would bring in Toronto native Tristan Thompson for a workout," does not = Raps are bringing him in for a workout.

Comment

Working...
                      X