Place to play, anywhere??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place to play, anywhere??

Does anyone know of any good Outdoor hoops or Community centers in the Midtown area? Or just in the city in the general. I'm up at Yonge and Eglinton and honestly believe there isn't a single place to play around here. It's driving me crazy. Anywhere that has regular drop-in play would be great.

hey, Im pretty sure theres a basketball court near a park near the public library near eglington and yonge. Thats as detailed as my memory gets :P
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

there's outdoor nets at dufferin grove (right at the corner of dufferin and bloor)

there's also outdoor nets in christie pits... and a much more acceptable demographic that won't stab you for beating them

there's also nets at bay and davenport... 5 minute walk north of bay station.. in jesse ketchum public schools yard... you always end up playing with anorexic hipsters though.

Comment

how are any of those places near eglington and yonge?
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          how are any of those places near eglington and yonge?
          who said they had to be?

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Does anyone know of any good Outdoor hoops or Community centers in the Midtown area? Or just in the city in the general.
          downtown is generally in the city, i believe

Comment

Haha, ya at this point, I'm just looking for somewhere on the Subway line.
            Toronto SUCKS for Basketball though. This is brutal. In New York, there are literally courts on EVERY block.

Enlightenment, is that court at the Eglinton Park? Where the ball diamonds are? I don't go by there very often, but didn't remember any nets being up. Could have missed them though.

Heinz, that one at Jesse Ketchum sounds like it could be fairly convenient.
            Minus the hipsters. But I'll just mention the sale going on at H&M.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Heinz, that one at Jesse Ketchum sounds like it could be fairly convenient.
              Minus the hipsters. But I'll just mention the sale going on at H&M.
              its an easy walk from bay station... literally just walk north on bay street, and right before bay turns into davenport, there's a park and school with a tiny ghetto apartment building beside it. the nets are right by the road.

its just as close to rosedale station if you dont feel like transferring trains for one stop... but you'll have to navigate the mean sidestreets of yorkville/rosedale to get there. it gets mad real down there, yo. you may get a judging look from the local euchre club for wearing white pants after labor day.

Comment

Working...
              X