Pistons 100/1
    Warriors 100/1
    Bucks 100/1
    Wolves 100/1
    Kings 100/1
    Wizards 100/1
    Raptors 150/1
    Source : http://beyondthebets.com/2011/06/13/...0-1-knicks-22/

Pistons ? Kings ? Wolves ? Are you kidding me ?

Post Thanks / Like

We could sit here all day if we wanted to cover what every blogger thought. I don't need to look at that list anymore than five seconds and realize it's a waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Good
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    We could sit here all day if we wanted to cover what every blogger thought. I don't need to look at that list anymore than five seconds and realize it's a waste of time.
    Bodog's not a blogger but a sports betting company. Just thought it'd be interesting.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

haha i brought this up a couple days ago. Doesn't mean anything really but its just interesting what people think about the raps.

Post Thanks / Like

The link goes to a blog. Looks like a betting blog to me.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

american bias toward raps

Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The link goes to a blog. Looks like a betting blog to me.
    The link goes to a betting blog quoting Bodog's official odds. Sitting outside of the US, I can't access the actual page on the betting site, so can't quote it directly.
    Last edited by Fanchie; Wed Jun 15th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll say that the Raptors will probably win a few more games this year, but honestly, and this kills me to say this as a Raptors fan but, really it's not that hard to imagine that the Raptors could be the worst team next year. I don't think they will be, but I wouldn't be overly shocked if that happened. There are a few teams slumming it at the bottom of the NBA hierarchy and any one of them could end up at the bottom, Raptors included.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

For the most part Bodog is very well sourced through other sports journalistic outlets. From time and time again I've heard many analysits for both hockey and basketball refer to the odds that Bodogs site. . .

With that said is it even justifiable to look at this without considering the draft, and FA? We have no idea what the team will look like as of next season the only thing we have 100% certainty is that Demar Derozan will be on this team. I am only basing that on B.C's comments on the trade rumors. For all we know anyone else on this roster are subject for trade talks.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can picture Toronto being the worst team next year, but I doubt it.

Charlotte will be TERRIBLE, Cleveland will still suck incredibly hard, Detroit is in bad shape (they still aren't done blowing up that team... slowest blow up in history?) Thats just in the east.

As things stand right now, I'd say the Raps finish between 4th - 8th worst team.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just stupid americans ripping on the Raps. Nothing new here

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Those odds are for winning a championship, it's not a reflection of how many games they'll win. You can easily make the case that every other franchise in the league has players more suited to a playoff run that Toronto does, the list shouldn't surprise anyone.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

we can guess all we want but we still won't know what will happen next season. We could even make the playoffs for what we know

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mavs 5th?
    Still no respect.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Mavs 5th?
    Still no respect.
    No, not really:
    1. Mavs will have a hard time maintaining the current squad (Chandler, Barea, Stojakovic, Kidd) much less upgrading it as they are well over the cap.
    2. Miami, Chicago and Thunder have their key players locked up for next season and can use exceptions (if the new CBA keeps them) to increase quality
    3. The Mavs core is beyond it's prime, so it's difficult to say if and by how much their play will fall off, while the above mentioned teams cores are young and entering their prime
    4. Vegas odds are not exclusively based on the quality of the squad, but on the bets placed. Teams from the large markets (Bulls, Knicks, lakers) will always have more bets placed on them cause of the home beating. Also teams with media superstars (LBJ, Wade, Bryant, Durant, Rose) are bet-heavy.

So in short, no it's no diss to Mavs, it's just that Vegas bookies are really smart or they would have been out of business a long time ago

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been soaking up a lot of expert opinions on what happened to LeBron at the end, and a few issues have emerged. Several experts, notably Dan LeBatard observe that LeBron has played a lot of heavy minutes this year and may have finally run out of gas. Others, including Bill Simmons and Steve Kerr note that he uses pure athleticism to score points, rather than a polished offensive attack. If he were to add a post offense he'd weather the minutes and the pressure better. LeBron has said that he felt a lot of pressure (much of it, it should be noted, self-inflicted) and may have been overcome by it.
    I agree with these points more than the speculative stuff I've heard, like supposedly he's having personal problems or whatever. Had LeBron played like himself in the finals, I think Miami would have swept or won in 5 games. The Heat won game 1 and had 4th quarter leads in 2 and 3, and won game 4. I thought game 3 was just bad luck but 2 was an unbelievable collapse.
    The minutes played issue can be solved by adding more good players to the roster. LeBron's ball skills and athleticism are so overwhelming that he could develop the best post game since Olajuwon if he wanted to. If he starts now, he'll have it finished by the time the league gets under way again, whenever that is. So, in sum, I think Miami is clearly the favourite. If the Lakers choose to trade for Dwight Howard, and keep KB24 and Pau, I think the situation changes a bit.
    As for the Raps, unfortunately they have been so mismanaged that they probably have fewer promising assets right now than any team in the league. It wouldn't surprise me if the Raps are the worst team in the league for the next couple of seasons.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    No, not really:
    1. Mavs will have a hard time maintaining the current squad (Chandler, Barea, Stojakovic, Kidd) much less upgrading it as they are well over the cap.
    2. Miami, Chicago and Thunder have their key players locked up for next season and can use exceptions (if the new CBA keeps them) to increase quality
    3. The Mavs core is beyond it's prime, so it's difficult to say if and by how much their play will fall off, while the above mentioned teams cores are young and entering their prime
    4. Vegas odds are not exclusively based on the quality of the squad, but on the bets placed. Teams from the large markets (Bulls, Knicks, lakers) will always have more bets placed on them cause of the home beating. Also teams with media superstars (LBJ, Wade, Bryant, Durant, Rose) are bet-heavy.

So in short, no it's no diss to Mavs, it's just that Vegas bookies are really smart or they would have been out of business a long time ago
    Guess we all have opinions dzoni.
    1. The Mavs won without Beaubois or Butler playing ... both roster upgrades. Seems odd to have a title winning team (who by the way says they will bring back their key pieces), are 5th on the list.
    2. Chicago, Miami, and OKC share the same lack of mobility, depending on the new CBA. Chicago has a ton of money into new signings Boozer, Brewer, Korver and Watson ... anticipate a max deal for DRose on the horizon. Miami will be stuck adding minimum pieces - and overpaying Bosh. OKC just put a lot of coin into Perkins, who lost out the battle to Chandler. If they want to pay Russell, they can't go grabbing any major scale improvements either.
    3. How much are the Mavs going to age over an offseason? Dirk is obviously in his prime. ditto Jet, Tyson, Barea, etc. Kidd is old, but also seems to be father time ... you want a team in their prime, or one potentially entering their prime soon?

No denying the Vegas bookies have more info than me on smart betting odds ... my thoughts are based on what I see.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Even after getting swept in the 2nd round, the Lakers are number 2? Ahead of the team that swept them in the playoffs... really?!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, you do realize these are betting odds and not a power ranking right? The odds are set to ensure they make money, so much of it is based on how people will bet. =P

Thread Information