No announcement yet.

Chad Ford Mock Draft 5.0: Raptors still selecting Jan Vesely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My real concern with him is that can you see him guarding the LBJ or Melos of the NBA? Or even play against the physicals like Gerald Wallace or Iggys? I dont think he can, and though hes tall, I just dont see him being effective against the more physical players in the nba. Id pass on him and go after Leonard or even take a chance with Jonas and develop JJ and have LK back him up once hes healed in Jan.

Comment

waist of a perfectly good lottery pick in my opinion
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        waist of a perfectly good lottery pick in my opinion
        Let me "enlighten" you, it's waste, not waist

Comment

I thought he was trying to focus our attention on Jan's core training there for a second.

Comment

Some nice highlights there, but I don't think he'll be guarded by any skinny Asian dudes in the NBA.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I don't follow your logic at all. Because the best player might be the 6th ranked player it's not a bad draft? I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. And 2000 was an AWFUL draft year. Of the top 15 picks, only 3 have averaged more than 30 mpg. The best player from that draft might be Michael Redd and he's made the All-Star team a grad total of once. The 2000 draft had neither star power or depth, with only 5 players averaging more than 30 mpg over their career.

Another bad draft year was 2006, which also have only 5 players who have averaged 30 or more mpg. AT least that year had a few All-Stars, though. And the best player from that draft is probably Rondo, who was drafted 21st.

This draft lacks star power and it lacks depth. I think there might be a few good players, but I'd be surprised if more than a handful of players become rotation players.
              You lost me Tim. This is TERRIBLE draft, and if Jan Vesely (a player who I think has too many holes in his game to ever become a viable player in the NBA) is the best player in this draft, then this draft may be the worst ever.

It's very logical and simple. Let's say we have a box of apples, and you pull out an apple and tell me that the apple you are holding may be the best apple in the entire box. It's got several bruises on it, half the skin has been eaten away by bugs and worms, and it smells like rotting flesh. Well, logically speaking, I'm going to assume that this is a box full of really shitty apples, and may be one of the worst boxes of apples we've ever seen. Make sense?
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                You lost me Tim. This is TERRIBLE draft, and if Jan Vesely (a player who I think has too many holes in his game to ever become a viable player in the NBA) is the best player in this draft, then this draft may be the worst ever.

It's very logical and simple. Let's say we have a box of apples, and you pull out an apple and tell me that the apple you are holding may be the best apple in the entire box. It's got several bruises on it, half the skin has been eaten away by bugs and worms, and it smells like rotting flesh. Well, logically speaking, I'm going to assume that this is a box full of really shitty apples, and may be one of the worst boxes of apples we've ever seen. Make sense?
                WHat I am saying is that you can't judge a draft by where the best player was picked. And my point is that Vesley may end up being much better than you are predicting. I don't know if this is going to be a terrible draft, but it's certainly not going to be good at all.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Doug:

they saw Vesely yesterday but I bet he’s a very big longshot at five
                  Source: Doug Smith's Blog

Comment

sending out signals that they’re all about Bismack Biyombo with the fifth pick, but rival executives are skeptical. One such exec is banking on Toronto taking 6-11 forward Jan Vesely, regarded as the best international prospect in the draft.

• If Toronto passes on Biyombo, some execs believe he could slide as far as 14-18, and the Knicks, with the 17th pick, are known to be high on him.
                    Source: CBS Sports

I find it funny how many just always assume the Raptors are going to go with the International option.

Comment

I really wouldn't mind Biyombo provided that Colangelo and Casey feel that he is the right pick at 5.

Comment

If the Raps take biyombo at 5 then they are idiots.Simple as that,he is now projected to go somewhere between 10-20th pick.Go with the safer pick,Kemba/Knight/Kanter/Leonard.
                        PLEASE RAPS dont screw this up.

Comment

If they really want Biyombo they should either trade down or get another pick. That Utah deal would work or maybe see if the Bucks are interested in giving up the number 10. I could also see the Clips wanting to move up.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            If they really want Biyombo they should either trade down or get another pick. That Utah deal would work or maybe see if the Bucks are interested in giving up the number 10. I could also see the Clips wanting to move up.
                            The Clips wanting to move up? They traded away their pick. I don't think they want to give up assets to get into this draft.
                            Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Jun 21, 2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

core2man wrote: View Post
                              If the Raps take biyombo at 5 then they are idiots.Simple as that,he is now projected to go somewhere between 10-20th pick.Go with the safer pick,Kemba/Knight/Kanter/Leonard.
                              PLEASE RAPS dont screw this up.
                              How is Walker or Leonard a "safe pick"? What constitutes a "safe pick"?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                The Clips wanting to move up? They traded away their pick. I don't think they want to give up assets to get into this draft.
                                Maybe not, I do remember reading that they were trying to add veterans instead of youth now that I think of it. Still, there should be someone picking between 9 and 15 that wants the 5th that we could work something out with.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X