Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawhi Leonard

Couldn't find the thread. Anyways, apparently he had a monster workout and drew rave reviews from Kelly and the boys. I'd take him over Vesely buuuuuuut I really don't think the raps should be drafting a SF this year.
    @sweatpantsjer

Article on the workout from the sun
    http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/15...s-missing-link
    I like this guy. Everything I read about him in terms of work ethic reminds of the stuff we heard about Derozen when he came in the league, and we've all seen the improvement he made last summer to his offensive game. I'm really starting to like this pick, it sounds like we can get some real talent out of this draft.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

agree this draft has talent if u know where to look, i want us to take kanter or walker with the 5th pick try to get another top ten pick and draft either fredette or biyombo
      ya dun noe

Comment

It's like I didn't even try to spell his first name right
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd have a hard time picking him if Kanter is still on the board.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
            agree this draft has talent if u know where to look, i want us to take kanter or walker with the 5th pick try to get another top ten pick and draft either fredette or biyombo
            Why draft Fredette a guard that plays no D, we have that already in Barbosa and Calderon.
            Why draft Biyombo after he bombed the Euro Camp, has no offensive talents, and besides he's leaping ability is a close comparison NOT to Ibaka but to Solomon Alabi.

Comment

Dudes' dad died when he was young, you can tell he has true heart. If the first three K's(Kemba, Knight, Kanter) are off the board, I'd gladly take the fourth. Good lil piece here:

Edit: maybe I wouldn't, if the first three K's are off that would leave one of Irving or Williams.

Comment

Right now I would take leonard ahead of Walker. Rebounding is one of the few stats that carry's from college to the pros and having a small forward who crashes the boards can only help us. I also tend to think that we are weaker at the three right now (Kleiza is out for half the year, Weems can't defend the position, and James Johnson is still up in the air) than at the one so if all else is equal I'd draft a three. My current big board reads:

Irving
                Williams
                Knight
                Kanter
                Leonard
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Ive been saying all along that if I was GM I would give Jerryd Bayless a shot at the starting PG, after the way he closed out last season, when he was given a chance he was very productive. That being said, I think the biggest weakness the team has is the C and the SF positions, I would prefer to acquire a veteran C as they take longer to develop, so I think the raptors should look to draft a SF.

Leonard averages over a double double a game. He looks like he has an nba ready body, and apparently he plays great defense. Rebounding and defense ... isnt that what we need? Also he has improved his 3 point shot, you add a much improved 3 point shot to the 15 points he was averaging in college and I think we have a player who can make an impact at the NBA level.

I say draft leonard with the 5th pick.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Couldn't find the thread. Anyways, apparently he had a monster workout and drew rave reviews from Kelly and the boys. I'd take him over Vesely buuuuuuut I really don't think the raps should be drafting a SF this year.
                    His #s look average to below average to me... (I think he did like 3 reps in bench test).

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      His #s look average to below average to me... (I think he did like 3 reps in bench test).
                      And where does one bench on the basketball court? Durant did zero from what I recall.

Comment

Kawhi is a grown man in a draft full of children.

Look at how many players got 1 or 0 bench presses done.
                        Then study the tape on the kid. He quietly gets his points,
                        and led his team by example. Next year may be a better draft for
                        guards... If Kanter is available I would give him a long look.
                        But the opportunity to get a mature guy like Kawhi who will
                        make your team better has to be considered seriously.

Comment

I was cold on Kawhi based on his poor shooting from distance, but it sounds like he has really improved.
                          -He still won't likely be a 3 point threat for a few seasons, but i'm confident DeMar will have added that to his game next year.

His interview with NBATV Canada was mad impressive. Confidence, maturity, knows his game and seems focused on improving.

Having him at the SF would allow Bayless to start, and score from the PG spot ... unless we get Kemba at #7 from Sacto.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Hopefully at some point BC will finally get it - we need players that defend, defend, defend. I think that it's pretty clear that Kawhi will be contributor right away on that front. And everything that I've seen from him shows the commitment and work ethic to build his offensive game. He's only 19. If Knight is off the board, Kawhi has to be the pick!!!

Comment

yup im glad some people recognize the imact this player could have on the Raptors organization. He could be a very solid asset moving forward. If im BC I'm doing "almost" everything in my power to get a second pick maybe 6th or Sacramento's 7th pick to draft KEMBAA!! honestly how can you say no to Kemba Walker?? Its gonna be a tough choice come June 23rd for BC. Choices, choices, choices...
                              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                              X