Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Close to Hiring Casey?

D. Smith's latest blog post: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Seems Dwane Casey was in town on Tuesday to be interviewed for the job – he flew up between Dallas winning the championship and today’s parade – and that would lead me to believe that Bryan Colangelo has to be getting close to making a decision on Jay Triano’s replacement.

No one will say it even off the record because things are being held more close to the vest on this decision than any other in Bryan’s tenure it seems, but It only makes sense that Casey would have been the last of the interviews since they had to wait for him to finish his season.

And that might give us an announcement in the next few days.

Looks like Casey was in for an interview on Tuesday (the man barely had time to celebrate!).

Smith seems to think that Bryco is close to making a decision and it looks likes it could be Casey.

They better, now that JT is gone it seems like these draft prospects have some new found hope in Toronto. At least you can tell the difference in Walker and Knight.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I can live with this. The guy has a ring, I have to respect that. The way the Mavs played the Heat on D was an illustration of excellence. He's not my first choice but I'm sure he's a big upgrade to Triano. They team is moving in the right direction.

Comment

If he can teach our boys that zone D that absolutely wrecked havoc on Miami (and many other teams) it's a worthy hire in itself. Hopefully English or somebody can figure out a offense that isn't as predictable and boring as the past few years.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hmmm, I didn't get the same reading from the article at all. Just that Casey was the last of the interviews and now that his is done, BC has all the info he needs to make a decision. I'm hoping it's Casey, but there was nothing in this article that suggested the Raps were leaning that way.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
            Hmmm, I didn't get the same reading from the article at all. Just that Casey was the last of the interviews and now that his is done, BC has all the info he needs to make a decision. I'm hoping it's Casey, but there was nothing in this article that suggested the Raps were leaning that way.
            Yeah I should clarify. It was Smith's opinion that the raps are close to making a decision, and also his opion that Casey is a better choice than Frank.

Comment

Getter done BC! Before some other team snatches him up.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

The Detroit Pistons will interview Kelvin Sampson for their vacant head coaching position at the end of the week, according to a source. Sampson, an assistant coach with the Milwaukee Bucks, was a head coach at Indiana and Oklahoma at the college level. Sampson will meet with Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars, who will be hiring his third coach since June 2008
                The end of the week is today or tomorrow - maybe Saturday.

I hope BC makes an offer soon so the Raps aren't left with sloppy seconds.

Comment

Hopefully the decision is made in the next day or two so the new coach can't have some say in the draft pick. Fingers crossed for Casey or Cheeks.

Comment

Good coaching can't do anything without good ball players.

Comment

Hopefully Detroit saves our asses by offering Casey a bigger contract than BC can afford..
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Hopefully Detroit saves our asses by offering Casey a bigger contract than BC can afford..
                        Why do you dislike Casey? I want him hired before Saturday.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                          Good coaching can't do anything without good ball players.
                          Don't be so cynical. Whether you have bad or good players you still need a good coach. Do you think the Mavs woulda won if Triano was coaching?
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I like the idea of a Casey hire. Watching him in the finals was a deal sealer for me.

If assuming Casey was the coach, try to imagine which player in the draft he would like to add to this squad ... ???

-My first guess would be Kawhi Leonard. EVERY F'KIN YEAR (excuse my french) we are talking about shortcomings in our defense and rebounding - Kawhi's strengths.

It's always easy to fall in love with a player based on how he can score the ball, but that hasn't been working for us as long term winning pieces ... we need complimentary players to our scorers.

With potential returnees Bargnani, DeRozan, Bayless, Barbosa ... we have buckets full of scoring. Let's defend and rebound too!
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

my first guess is biyombo. that zone D doesn't work nearly as effectively if they don't have chandler in there for shot blocking and rebounding. yes, davis could do it but you need 2 adequate defenders. dirks D has gotten a lot better over the years. bargs' is nonexistent.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X