• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ihatehaters wrote: View Post
    HUH?
    I think he actually od'd.

Comment

Lol.. Casy will be alright... Colangelo should have had Adleman lined up when he fired Try A no. It would ring more to BC if he had 2-3 specificv people in mind when he let go of our previous coach. Im not saying Casey wasnt a consideration when he fired Try a No but it kinda looks like he fell into this... My prediction is that the team will improve, but the credit can be given to the overall position the organization and the players as much as it will be given to the coach. More like a Sam Mitchell 2.0 and less like what Doug Collins did with Philly this past year.
      O D da system.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        I'm not saying that Casey's accomplishments are moot, but there are some who seem to be giving credit for the Championship to Casey, when that's obviously not true. And even if he was a big factor, it doesn't necessarily mean he'd make a good head coach. Again, I'm not saying he's not a good coach, but I think people are putting far too much weight on one successful playoff run.

As to how to determine whether he'd make a good head coach? I really don't know, but I think probably a lot more research than watching him sit on the bench on television.
        Well said.
        http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
          Just received word from Marc Stein, Dwayne Casey will be the Raptors new head coach!
          All I have to say is: Woooooooh! let's start planning the parade!
          Stein: "Just filed to ESPN.com: Mavs assistant coach Dwane Casey has emerged as clear favorite for Raptors' job and on course to be hired next week"

Note there is a difference b/t "hired" and "clear favorite".
          http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
            Good coaching can't do anything without good ball players.
            I agree and disagree. Good coaching can make bad players less bad. Good coaching does NOT win Championship son its own though...

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              looks like it's a matter of contract detail now. another good reason for hiring Casey is any players let go at Dallas might consider joining him here.
              I'm not dismissive of that suggestion. A player getting along well with a coach could add some appeal to a possible destination.

Comment

youknowit wrote: View Post
                Though Boston may be made of a bunch of veterans who knew the system, it takes a good coach to motivate a bunch of veterans to commit and play hard. I think his experience with a championship calibre team and coach can only help the Raptors organization. This alongside his own head coaching experience of almost seven years, he is a pretty good choice.
                Do you really think Frank is the motivator in that locker room? I'm pretty sure Frank gets a chance to speak right after Doc Rivers, KG, Pierce, Allen, Rondo, Shaq and Jermaine. Maybe he gets to give coaching points to Big Baby or Jeff Green who knows....

I agree being with Boston is good experience under Rivers but that is a complete opposite situation then ours. Casey spent time working for the Mavs but worked for George Karl in Seattle. Casey's resume is good enough and is better suited for a rebuild then Frank. Remember how great Frank was with out Kidd, Carter and Jefferson? Or how completely average they were with?

Comment

thought you guys were talking about wilson chandler
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

tyson is too expensive and old to be of use. he's a good player but by the time we get this thing going hes going to be over the hill.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

thegreynathan wrote: View Post
                      I agree that Casey isn't the reason the Mavs won the championship, but the situation is familiar. Boston won the championship while being praised for their defense. That defensive system was brought to the team through an assistant coach. That assistant coach got a head coaching job, turned his new team into a beast, and won coach of the year. Dallas just won the championship while being praised for their defense that was mostly the brainchild of the assistant coach. I know Toronto isn't Chicago, but we've got nothing to lose and the model seems like a good one to follow. I'm all for giving Casey a shot.
                      That was Thib's first gig as a head coach. Casey has coached before.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                        Remember how great Frank was with out Kidd, Carter and Jefferson? Or how completely average they were with?
                        Remember how great Casey was with Garnett?

Look, all I'm saying here is that you can't take the worse of Frank and the best of Casey and make a decision upon that.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          The thing is, if you throw, say $12 million at Chandler and he accepts, what next? ....Great. So they've got a 29 year old center with a history of injuries being vastly overpaid, and the rest of the club a good 2 or 3 years away from really hitting their prime, and you probably don't even make the playoffs. Then DeRozan's contract needs to be extended, then Davis', and then whoever they draft next and the Raptors are paying out the nose for a mediocre team. Probably not the best idea.
                          I don't necessarily disagree that getting Chandler could be a bad idea, but why would you say 12 million is overpaying? He was the second best player on a Championship team. He's one of the 5 best centres in the league, probably. 12 million sounds about right, no?

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

Look, all I'm saying here is that you can't take the worse of Frank and the best of Casey and make a decision upon that.
                            The selection between the two is a tossup for me. As those who are privy only to the snippets and gossip in sports journals...and rags and our own eyeballs we cant make truly informed decisions on players let alone coaches. It will come down to BC assessing them in personal interviews and of course all the data (including the new analytical metrics being used now) he has on both from his own sources.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

The Wolves has a terrible team and he got the gig in a rebuild year. He started 20-20 in year two before getting the axe. Seems like he wasn't starting to get the ship in the right direction before his legs got cut out from underneath him.

Agreed with the the best/worst point. Either way I'm happy as both would be an upgrade to Jay IMO

Comment

Davis reminds me of Garnett a lot, actually. Should be interesting.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X