Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kanter's Age?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    My argument was that it is often involved with teams that have success. There are ways around it no doubt and some teams have proven it not to be necessary. My point was the majority do and I feel the Raptors as a whole could use it. Especially with our lack of quality perimeter defenders having an intimidating guy in the middle would give our defense a much needed boost.

As for the comment involving Dwight and his 2.4 blocks a game only effecting the score by 3 points a game...... It's his skill of blocking shots that alter many more, force turn overs and keep guys out of the lane. The 2.4 is simply the icing on the cake of him as an intimidating rim defender (shot blocker). And his skill of shot blocking contributes to much much more then 3 points per game.

Impressive stats from 1990 to be honest you definitely put in your time to research and it's appreciated (no sarcasm be the way). I have a question for you though. In your experience is it easier to block a shot of a player who is off balance or one who is balanced going up strong?
    The majority of teams have shotblockers, whether they are good defensively or not. I think we are closer to agreeing than you think. My point is that shotblocking is certainly nice, but it's not a necessity. What you seem to be saying is that a lot of good defensive teams use shotblocking to their advantage. I'm not against shotblocking in the least, but getting shotblocking for the sake of shotblocking is a bad idea. JaVale McGee is a poor defender, but a great shotblocker.

I also think, with Ed Davis and Amir, the Raptors have enough good shotblocking. A more complimentary piece would be a better positional defender who is more likely to stay on the ground. The problem with having too many shotblockers is that it can lead to guys being out of position. Optimally, you would like to have a shotblocker, and a guy who is a better positional defender who will cover the shotblocker.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that has stuck with several general managers when it comes to Kentucky big man Enes Kanter is the speed and dedication he showed when learning English after arriving to play for the Wildcats last year.
    Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...#ixzz1PkjKtOj4

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://morningjournal.com/articles/2...0138250131.txt

Kanter vs Jonas

If Valanciunas’ buyout is completed before the draft, multiple sources indicate the Cavs are leaning toward taking the 245-pounder. However, if the snafu is still hanging over his head, then the 259-pound Kanter could be the pick.
    “They’re both risks,” ESPN analyst Chad Ford said. “They both have upside. I think if you picked Kanter, you’re picking because he is a bit more polished offensively right now, and he has a better NBA body right now.

“If you pick Valanciunas, you’re picking upside. You’re picking a guy who I know many NBA scouts feel in five years could end up being the best player in this draft, but he’s got a long way to go to get there.”
    Last edited by jbml; Sun Jun 19th, 2011 at 04:07 PM.

Thread Information