Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rubio will sign with wolves, will jose be traded?

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rubio will sign with wolves, will jose be traded?

Now that rubio is going there, what do u guys think of the odds that jose will be traded to minny?.

Post Thanks / Like

10% chance

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's higher than that but as a side note for this thread, there is a rumor that the Wolves are interested in Pau Gasol because of his relationship with Rubio and his abilities of course. The #2 would be in play. Buss has also come out a couple weeks ago and mentioned he liked the top five of the draft a lot. It sounds like the Wolves are looking to bring in guys who Rubio will have instant good chemistry with. Jose should be in play. Who knows, maybe Ridnour comes back this way along with something nice? Ridnour isn't that far behind Jose in terms of talent, has started in the past and would offer a good change of pace to Bayless or Knight/Walker assuming one of them heads to Toronto on draft night.

By the way, the last time the Lakers traded into the lottery they acquired Kobe Bryant.

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubio is too much for Jose, we would have to sweeten the deal. The guy has been limp all his career. Great point guard, probably better for the NBA than Rubio will be from the start, but just too far into his career at this point.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    Rubio is too much for Jose, we would have to sweeten the deal. The guy has been limp all his career. Great point guard, probably better for the NBA than Rubio will be from the start, but just too far into his career at this point.
    I think you've been drinking; the OP was not about a Rubio/Jose trade; it was a Jose to Minny trade idea. No more drinking and commenting for you, sir.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think it's higher than that but as a side note for this thread, there is a rumor that the Wolves are interested in Pau Gasol because of his relationship with Rubio and his abilities of course. The #2 would be in play. Buss has also come out a couple weeks ago and mentioned he liked the top five of the draft a lot. It sounds like the Wolves are looking to bring in guys who Rubio will have instant good chemistry with. Jose should be in play. Who knows, maybe Ridnour comes back this way along with something nice? Ridnour isn't that far behind Jose in terms of talent, has started in the past and would offer a good change of pace to Bayless or Knight/Walker assuming one of them heads to Toronto on draft night.

In any other year, I think that Gasol for the #2 + filler would be a good trade for both sides. This year though, I don't know if Willams is the prize that would be worth it for the Lakers.

The latest update to the rumor is Gasol for Love + filler, which I think makes sense for both sides; Love is an LA native, and most likely won't re-sign in Minny unless the new CBA makes it easier for teams to retain their talent.

That is great news for the Raps, as it leaves the #2 available for us to grab, although I don't know if Jose for the #2 is do-able. What could BC include to sweeten the pot for Kahn?

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote duncan wrote: View Post
    I think you've been drinking; the OP was not about a Rubio/Jose trade; it was a Jose to Minny trade idea. No more drinking and commenting for you, sir.
    LOL, dead on sir.

...don't cut me off though, I still like to be heard, even with a beer in my hand.

Good point, and a point I missed, the Jose trade goes out the window, if Rubio is a serious option. ...but at the same time, you want veteran experience, yet you have no veteran point guards.... things that make you go hrmmmm
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat Jun 18th, 2011 at 11:03 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Donnie Brasco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Has any of you guys ever seen any semi-credible report that Minnesota was interested in Calderon?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

To Minny:Bargs..Calderon.. To Torontoarko Milicic's Championship Ring....What Do You Guy's Think Of That Trade??

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of minny being interested in jose, no.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope so. He has to go. He has no place on this team going forward. Hopefully Minny will take him because I know that Rubio would be happy to have a vet pg and countrymate. We know Flynn is on the block. I havent seen anything credible other than seperate reports saying raps were interested in flynn and the #2 pick, but minny wanted Demar.

If not, Minny, anywhere! Please anyone! Take Jose. PLease some GM mistake him for Juan Jose Barea and make a play for him!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

In any other year, I think that Gasol for the #2 + filler would be a good trade for both sides. This year though, I don't know if Willams is the prize that would be worth it for the Lakers.

The latest update to the rumor is Gasol for Love + filler, which I think makes sense for both sides; Love is an LA native, and most likely won't re-sign in Minny unless the new CBA makes it easier for teams to retain their talent.

That is great news for the Raps, as it leaves the #2 available for us to grab, although I don't know if Jose for the #2 is do-able. What could BC include to sweeten the pot for Kahn?
    I can see Minnesota wanting Gasol because of the Rubio connection and because it should make them immediately more competitive, but I think it's a dumb idea. Pau will be 31 and would be that quick fix that some people would like to see Colangelo do (and others not) that helps immediately, but hurts them in the long run.

If they want to do it, though, then I would like to see the Raptors try and snag the 2nd pick from them.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote G-locity wrote: View Post
    In terms of minny being interested in jose, no.
    It's David Kahn. Who the hell knows what he's interested in doing.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote visko23 wrote: View Post
    If not, Minny, anywhere! Please anyone! Take Jose. PLease some GM mistake him for Juan Jose Barea and make a play for him!
    You know, he's actually a pretty good PG. I'm shocked at how many people vastly underappreciate him.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I can see Minnesota wanting Gasol because of the Rubio connection and because it should make them immediately more competitive, but I think it's a dumb idea. Pau will be 31 and would be that quick fix that some people would like to see Colangelo do (and others not) that helps immediately, but hurts them in the long run.

If they want to do it, though, then I would like to see the Raptors try and snag the 2nd pick from them.
    I agree; a Gasol/Love trade for Minny is not the best idea (young vs old, large contract vs rookie scale etc.), BUT, David Kahn is on the hot seat; if his team does not show marked improvement this year, he is going to be fired. They need player(s) who know how to win, and Gasol fits that bill to a "T".

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't spent much time on the Trade Machine lately, so I'm not sure what a trade centered around Jose/Flynn + #2 would look like, but I don't think Kahn would take just Jose. What other assets do the Raps have that could sweeten the offer for Kahn? (assets that we armchair GMs wouldn't mind parting with, of course)

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't expect much movement from the Raps' side, especially given the new CBA in the horizon. Calderon will not go anywhere because of his salary. Instead, he will stay behind as Bayless' back-up and bring him along. Bargnani isn't going anywhere. If Valanciunas or Kanter is available (one of them might be at the 5 position) one of them will be drafted and serve as Bargs' back-up.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree; a Gasol/Love trade for Minny is not the best idea (young vs old, large contract vs rookie scale etc.), BUT, David Kahn is on the hot seat; if his team does not show marked improvement this year, he is going to be fired. They need player(s) who know how to win, and Gasol fits that bill to a "T".
    Umm, Kevin Love is the only player that put seats in the Target Center. He would be insane to trade away a player of his magnitude. I don't see it happening.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Love Is Not Even As Near Good Ad Gasoll.Gasol Wins Championships And Love Wins Rebounding Titles.Put Love On The Lakers And His Numbers Will Drop By More Then Half.He Is Overrrrrrrrrrrated.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Umm, Kevin Love is the only player that put seats in the Target Center. He would be insane to trade away a player of his magnitude. I don't see it happening.
    I agree with you, and I'm sure Kahn would agree with you too. That doesn't change the fact that Loves' value is at an all-time high, he doesn't get along with his head coach, and has publicly questioned the direction of his franchise multiple times. He is up for free agency soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if the odds were less than 50/50 that he re-signs, even if the new CBA makes it much easier for teams to keep their UFA's. Love cares about winning, and his legacy, and comes from a family with $$. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he took less $$ as a free agent to go to a team where he can compete on a year to year basis. That's assuming he even makes it to free agency. He's a very cerebral guy, and could possibly force a trade if he doesn't like Kahn's offseason additions.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Rubio will fill some seats in the Target Center.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information