Casey's Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey's Defense

First off I am bored to death by the lack of news around the league. I hope something erupts before the draft starts because I'm going crazy.

Now, I am thinking about what we have on this team. If Dwayne Casey is given the job in Toronto then I think he can make this a very good defensive squad. Jerryd Bayless is willing to pressure people, Barbosa is as fast as lightning, DeMar is athletic and should be able to hold his own, James Johnson is big and quick, Ed Davis and Amir Johnson are both big bodies that can block shots. Casey should be able to make these guys plays some tough defense. As for Bargs and Calderon, well it won't be flawless but they will be held more accountable defensively. that can only be a positive because we've seen streaks of defense from both of them.

Anyway, this post doesn't really have a whole lot of substance to it, I just watched some Raptor video today and couldn't help but think that we could have a much better defensive team next year without a lot of player turnover.

+1 on the boredom at this time of year for Raptors news. If there is anyway at all who ca, or has experience masking Bargnani-like defensive deficiencies, its Casey. He was able to build a solid defense with keeping Nowitzki on the floor. I for one am excited about the change and hope we sign Casey. I really like Triano remaining on the team, he was a great assistant caoch, just not a head coach. Im still wondering if BC will swing something with the T-Wolves to either score Flynn or their pick. I wouldnt mind unloading Caldy's contract on them.

Comment

i don't think they'll take Caldy for flynn and their second pick. they'd need more incentive

Comment

No I agree. I was thinking in a broad sense. Any combination of Bargs and Caldy and filler for Flynn or #2 pick, and a semi-bad contract guy. But jumping back on the Casey topic, if anyone can make this team play effective defense with bargs on the floor is casey. He did a great job doing it in Dallas with Dirk. I think this is a huge step in the right direction, not only for our team defense, but I think for Bargnani to shine. His defensive liabilities can be masked under casey, especially if we can get a true beast (ie Chandler) to play along side him. Im really excited if we sign Casey. Time to be optimistic as a raptors fan again! And I do have to say it was nice to see Bosh cry. As Dan Gilbert said, "there are no shortcuts". I really do wish CB well, but the way he left, stringing us out to the end, and giving us no opportunity to get anything in return for him, that's what pissed me off. He gave us so much, then set us back, just like crter did but in a different way.

Comment

5 more days to draft day. I think we should start hearing rumors of more substance and possibly even deals prior to Thurs. I am actually more concerned about lack of banter after the draft and during a possible lockout over the summer.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            First off I am bored to death by the lack of news around the league. I hope something erupts before the draft starts because I'm going crazy.

Now, I am thinking about what we have on this team. If Dwayne Casey is given the job in Toronto then I think he can make this a very good defensive squad. Jerryd Bayless is willing to pressure people, Barbosa is as fast as lightning, DeMar is athletic and should be able to hold his own, James Johnson is big and quick, Ed Davis and Amir Johnson are both big bodies that can block shots. Casey should be able to make these guys plays some tough defense. As for Bargs and Calderon, well it won't be flawless but they will be held more accountable defensively. that can only be a positive because we've seen streaks of defense from both of them.

Anyway, this post doesn't really have a whole lot of substance to it, I just watched some Raptor video today and couldn't help but think that we could have a much better defensive team next year without a lot of player turnover.
            lol i can see casey yelling at bargnani and calderon to play defence.

Casey: Bargnani you better go out there and play defence or no primo pasta for a month!
            *bitch slaps him*
            Bargnani: Noooooooo!

Comment

maybe calderon plus our pick for there 2nd pick
              ya dun noe

Comment

thats a good point i didn't even really think of. if casey is in fact hired then doesn't bc do everything he can to get him the right pieces? aren't calderon and bargs the opposite of that? interesting.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                X