Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raptors Republic Mock Draft

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Kanter 2. Kemba 3. Kahwi 4. Knight 5. Probably Valanciunas.

The toughest for me is the fifth. If we're drafting a big I want a Center not a PF. That is also why
    I feel the best for the Raps would be to avoid the two Euro bigs (even though I rank Kanter and Valanciunas
    high) and select between Walker and Knight. Personally I pick Kemba.

This is a smart, articulate man, who has graduated from a tough school in 3 years... His only knock
    was his lack of height which has been exaggerated. People say he's a shoot first pg, but his first
    two years at UCONN contradict that. He may have the least question marks of anyone in this draft.
    He has no issues with turnovers, or playing a new position, or a high foul rate or any of the other
    issues the other four players on my list have.

If they draft him there are no more leadership questions on this team. And with such a potentially
    young team that may have more value than the high quality of his play.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    1. Kanter 2. Kemba 3. Kahwi 4. Knight 5. Probably Valanciunas.

The toughest for me is the fifth. If we're drafting a big I want a Center not a PF. That is also why
    I feel the best for the Raps would be to avoid the two Euro bigs (even though I rank Kanter and Valanciunas
    high) and select between Walker and Knight. Personally I pick Kemba.
    You know neither Kanter nor Valanciunas is a PF, right?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

1. kanter
    2. kemba
    3.kahwi
    4. jonas
    5.knight
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OP said it was based on who we should take if they're available, and since there's only one other player I like outside of the top two and you have to pick 5..

#1. Kyrie Irving
    #2. Derrick Williams
    #3. Kemba Walker
    #4. Trade the pick
    #5. Trade the pick

They should take Kemba Walker because he is the best player on the board after the first two. We've all read the threads on height.. he may not have the wingspan of a Rajon Rondo but it doesn't mean he'll suck at defense. Long arms help, but they aren't key. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE KEMBA.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the SI rumours today has Cleveland taking Derrick Williams #1 and then Knight at #4. that would throw a real doozie into this year's draft

Post Thanks / Like

Minnesota trades out of #2 if DW goes #1.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea that would make things real fun for Minnesota. I'm sure they have a whole bunch of deals like that in the works in case Cleveland decides to do something stupid like that.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my list

Williams
    Irving
    Kanter
    Kemba
    Leonard/Valanciunis

Of guys we might actually have a shot at

Kanter
    Kemba
    Vananciunis/Leonard
    Knight

I think that you can't pass on Kanter if he is still on the board, but in my heart of hearts (I know not the best method to draft!) Kemba is my choice, I don't think he'll bust, I think he'll be a quality guy we are happy to have on our team.

I can't decide on between Leonard and Valanciunis because I do like Leonard and would love a Marion-esque player on our roster (actually wanted to resign Marion after the half season he played here, but alas), however, next year's draft seems to be STACKED with SF's and doesn't have much in the way of C's. If you think Valanciunis and Leonard are in the same "tier" and they are both available it probably makes more sense to pick Valanciunis.

However, the questions about Valanciunis' buyout haven't been answered. I have the same problem with Kinght as Tim and others, not sold on his PG skills, I think Kemba is WAY more likely to be a more complete and effective point guard than Brandon.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/dr...ew_toronto.nba

the guys at NBA.com think we should get kemba, they make very good points. some people might find this interesting

Post Thanks / Like

its hard to decide whats the best pick. if you want a leader you take kemba. if you want best available talent you take kanter. if you want to dramatically upgrade the D you take leonard or biyombo. if you want the best potential you take jonas. at 5, any of those guys are a good pick. i don't buy 5 is too high for any one them, if theres no opportunity to trade down a couple spots you take what you want to take.

id love to have 2 of any of those dudes but we'll see how the draft goes. so long as we don't draft vesely i think i'll be ok with whatever bc does.
    @jerboat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information