View Poll Results: What do you hope or expect draft night?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade one of current young core: DD, ED, Bayless, JJ, Amir, or Alabi

4 6.56%
  • Trade Bargnani

31 50.82%
  • Trade Calderon

29 47.54%
  • Draft a PG

20 32.79%
  • Draft a wing

12 19.67%
  • Draft a post

24 39.34%
  • get another lotto pick

32 52.46%
  • get a mid-late 1st round pick

14 22.95%
  • Barbosa opts in, then traded

11 18.03%
  • Use remaining Bosh TPE (up to $9.056M)

21 34.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptor Draft Night Hopes and Expectations

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    If you're thinking what I'm thinking, I believe that the fascination with Biyombo is to pair him with Bargs so that he gets his rebounding and shot-blocking mule beside him. I don't buy that AB should move to the 4-spot and displacing the future development of Amir and Ed. At the 5th spot, it's the best player that needs to be drafted. Biyombo is not a lottery pick. Never.

BTW, Bismack had a one-on-one workout with himself in front of league execs and scouts and lost. What does that tell you about an undersized center? Yes, I've heard about the Ben Wallace comparisons but he truly has little to offer in terms of the full package (including a decent post game). I would even go as far as saying that I prefer Faried over him. The Raps cannot afford to accommodate Bargs yet again in this upcoming draft.
    1) He can play backup C, at least until we can get rid of Bargs or do something with him.
    2) The 1 on 1 drill was pretty much all jump shooting/offense which we already knew he was terrible at. You can't evaluate him on a 1 on 1 workout, that's not his style, he can't do the things he's great at like block shots, rebound, pick and roll or put backs.
    3) He is far from undersized. He has a bigger standing reach than vast majority of the starting Cs in the league and he's 250LB not 215 like Ed. On top of that he's VERY explosive.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I have a really bad feeling Kanter is going to turn into a worse offensively bargnani with slightly better D.
    Well, if he rebounds better than Bargnani, which is pretty much guaranteed, then he's still an upgrade.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're just going to draft Leonard or Biyombo at 5 and that's it. I'd love to see Kemba in a raptors jersey but I'm not sure it's going to happen.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

draft all star level player to lead the team with derozan

Raptors Republic Rookie HuskyRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

kemba/knight and Biyombo/kawhi/valanciunas!!!!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Alabi included in the young "core"? LOL..

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that we only draft one rookie on draft night. I understand the rebuild is on and you need young assets with potential but it's also important to have a solid veteran core to help bring the players along. With the draft having a number of solid but unspectacular players I'd rather hold off on a move unless it returns a serious upgrade in talent not just youth. A core of Dre (25 years old, very good offensive player who still has upside on a reasonable deal and actually wants to be in TO even tho the media ruins him), Demar, Davis, Bayless, Amir, JJ and the 5th pick is enough guys who are getting minutes trying to iron out flaw in there respective games. I'd play it safe and draft Leonard and look to add some solid veteran players to this core to help change the culture/mentality of these younger guys.

I personally see next year as the year for the Raps to make a move as they'll more then likely have another lottery pick, will have a better idea of the value of the young core going forward and Jose's expiring deal wont be so tough to move. I'd rather him back up Bayless for a year and be worth something next year rather then move him for the sake of moving him (take on a longer just as bad contract).

Post Thanks / Like

if it were my hopes and dreams, we'd get kemba and either kawhi or kanter/jonas. sadly, i don't see this happening.

edit: oh and also my boy jimmy butler.

edit2: and burksy!
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I think they could use part of the remaining TPE but the option is all of it. I doubt that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Why is Alabi included in the young "core"? LOL..
    He is young, drafted last year, has up to 2 more seasons on his contract, has good size, is considered a project with projects usually being kept for a couple of seasons minimum, and, finally, tried to get as many roster players involved in the options with only 10 choices permitted for the poll.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Matt. Alabi is part of the core, just not an important piece. Colangelo said from the onset that the guy is project.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I agree with Matt. Alabi is part of the core, just not an important piece. Colangelo said from the onset that the guy is project.
    I want Alabi to see some minutes as a backup C next season. I think if he works his ass off in the off season he might be a decent backup and shot blocker for this team. What do u think?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The crazy thing is that with BC, any of these 10 things are a real possibility. I have absolutely no clue what is going to happen on draft night.

I've gotta admit though, I'm 100% on the Kawhi bandwagon. If we draft him, I'll be happy regardless of what else happens. I'd love to see us move Bargs or Calderon for another lotto pick and a solid rotation player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I want Alabi to see some minutes as a backup C next season. I think if he works his ass off in the off season he might be a decent backup and shot blocker for this team. What do u think?
    I've lost a lot of respect and faith in HoopsWorld.com. This is not because of their opinions but because they seem to have turned in to the TMZ or National Enquirer of professional basketball with the rumours created from chat rooms. For a site that is pushing itself as a professional and legitimate basketball publication, I've been disappointed of late.

Now with that said, they have had a number of comments saying that Alabi is, reportedly, working out in Florida and looking very good. Supposedly there was more to his knee issue last year than was let on.

Personally I hope that is true and he can become a solid rotational piece. He had a tremendous defensive career at FSU. HOWEVER - I'll believe it when I see it. I saw nothing from him last year that inspires me in the least, sadly.

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

add to list sign tyson chadler?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two of Tyson Chandler's many options

1. Re-sign with the World Champion Mavericks
    2. Sign with the bottom feeder Raptors

What's the appeal in #2?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really, really hoping that the Jazz-Raptors rumor comes to life and we send our #5 to Utah for Al Jefferson and #12.

I think that Jefferson would be great to man the middle, and could fit either either Bargs or Ed. Plus, if we got Singleton or Burks or just about any other SG/SF options available at that slot, I don't think the product will be that much less than Leonard.

Trade Calderon and Amir for Beasly and Flynn and I am a happy fan!

Flynn/Bayless
    DeRozan/Burks
    Beasley/Johnson
    Barganani/Davis
    Jefferson/Alabi

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would anyone trade for Alabi? He's less valuable today than a 2nd round pick of this year's terrible draft.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SCass wrote: View Post
    I am really, really hoping that the Jazz-Raptors rumor comes to life and we send our #5 to Utah for Al Jefferson and #12.

I think that Jefferson would be great to man the middle, and could fit either either Bargs or Ed. Plus, if we got Singleton or Burks or just about any other SG/SF options available at that slot, I don't think the product will be that much less than Leonard.

Trade Calderon and Amir for Beasly and Flynn and I am a happy fan!

Flynn/Bayless
    DeRozan/Burks
    Beasley/Johnson
    Barganani/Davis
    Jefferson/Alabi

Wow, I would possibly hate that team. Beasley, Bargnani, Flynn and Jefferson are 4 guys I have zero interest in wanting on my team, and I'm also not a fan of Burks. And that team would probably also be worse defensively than last year's team.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Why would anyone trade for Alabi? He's less valuable today than a 2nd round pick of this year's terrible draft.
    I'm thinking a certain GM in Denver might have a lot of interest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information