Raptor Draft Night Hopes and Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't draft Biyombo. Period.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Don't draft Biyombo. Period.
      Why?

Comment

Draft kanter and leonard or burks if we get another top 10 pick.If the raps drafts vesely at #5, i will shoot myself!!

Comment

I have a really bad feeling Kanter is going to turn into a worse offensively bargnani with slightly better D.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Why?
            If you're thinking what I'm thinking, I believe that the fascination with Biyombo is to pair him with Bargs so that he gets his rebounding and shot-blocking mule beside him. I don't buy that AB should move to the 4-spot and displacing the future development of Amir and Ed. At the 5th spot, it's the best player that needs to be drafted. Biyombo is not a lottery pick. Never.

BTW, Bismack had a one-on-one workout with himself in front of league execs and scouts and lost. What does that tell you about an undersized center? Yes, I've heard about the Ben Wallace comparisons but he truly has little to offer in terms of the full package (including a decent post game). I would even go as far as saying that I prefer Faried over him. The Raps cannot afford to accommodate Bargs yet again in this upcoming draft.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              If you're thinking what I'm thinking, I believe that the fascination with Biyombo is to pair him with Bargs so that he gets his rebounding and shot-blocking mule beside him. I don't buy that AB should move to the 4-spot and displacing the future development of Amir and Ed. At the 5th spot, it's the best player that needs to be drafted. Biyombo is not a lottery pick. Never.

BTW, Bismack had a one-on-one workout with himself in front of league execs and scouts and lost. What does that tell you about an undersized center? Yes, I've heard about the Ben Wallace comparisons but he truly has little to offer in terms of the full package (including a decent post game). I would even go as far as saying that I prefer Faried over him. The Raps cannot afford to accommodate Bargs yet again in this upcoming draft.
              1) He can play backup C, at least until we can get rid of Bargs or do something with him.
              2) The 1 on 1 drill was pretty much all jump shooting/offense which we already knew he was terrible at. You can't evaluate him on a 1 on 1 workout, that's not his style, he can't do the things he's great at like block shots, rebound, pick and roll or put backs.
              3) He is far from undersized. He has a bigger standing reach than vast majority of the starting Cs in the league and he's 250LB not 215 like Ed. On top of that he's VERY explosive.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                I have a really bad feeling Kanter is going to turn into a worse offensively bargnani with slightly better D.
                Well, if he rebounds better than Bargnani, which is pretty much guaranteed, then he's still an upgrade.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think we're just going to draft Leonard or Biyombo at 5 and that's it. I'd love to see Kemba in a raptors jersey but I'm not sure it's going to happen.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

draft all star level player to lead the team with derozan
                    ya dun noe

Comment

kemba/knight and Biyombo/kawhi/valanciunas!!!!!!

Comment

Why is Alabi included in the young "core"? LOL..
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

I hope that we only draft one rookie on draft night. I understand the rebuild is on and you need young assets with potential but it's also important to have a solid veteran core to help bring the players along. With the draft having a number of solid but unspectacular players I'd rather hold off on a move unless it returns a serious upgrade in talent not just youth. A core of Dre (25 years old, very good offensive player who still has upside on a reasonable deal and actually wants to be in TO even tho the media ruins him), Demar, Davis, Bayless, Amir, JJ and the 5th pick is enough guys who are getting minutes trying to iron out flaw in there respective games. I'd play it safe and draft Leonard and look to add some solid veteran players to this core to help change the culture/mentality of these younger guys.

I personally see next year as the year for the Raps to make a move as they'll more then likely have another lottery pick, will have a better idea of the value of the young core going forward and Jose's expiring deal wont be so tough to move. I'd rather him back up Bayless for a year and be worth something next year rather then move him for the sake of moving him (take on a longer just as bad contract).

Comment

if it were my hopes and dreams, we'd get kemba and either kawhi or kanter/jonas. sadly, i don't see this happening.

edit: oh and also my boy jimmy butler.

edit2: and burksy!
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think they could use part of the remaining TPE but the option is all of it. I doubt that.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                                Why is Alabi included in the young "core"? LOL..
                                He is young, drafted last year, has up to 2 more seasons on his contract, has good size, is considered a project with projects usually being kept for a couple of seasons minimum, and, finally, tried to get as many roster players involved in the options with only 10 choices permitted for the poll.

Comment

Working...
                                X