No announcement yet.

Raptor Draft Night Hopes and Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Matt. Alabi is part of the core, just not an important piece. Colangelo said from the onset that the guy is project.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I agree with Matt. Alabi is part of the core, just not an important piece. Colangelo said from the onset that the guy is project.
      I want Alabi to see some minutes as a backup C next season. I think if he works his ass off in the off season he might be a decent backup and shot blocker for this team. What do u think?

Comment

The crazy thing is that with BC, any of these 10 things are a real possibility. I have absolutely no clue what is going to happen on draft night.

I've gotta admit though, I'm 100% on the Kawhi bandwagon. If we draft him, I'll be happy regardless of what else happens. I'd love to see us move Bargs or Calderon for another lotto pick and a solid rotation player.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I want Alabi to see some minutes as a backup C next season. I think if he works his ass off in the off season he might be a decent backup and shot blocker for this team. What do u think?
          I've lost a lot of respect and faith in HoopsWorld.com. This is not because of their opinions but because they seem to have turned in to the TMZ or National Enquirer of professional basketball with the rumours created from chat rooms. For a site that is pushing itself as a professional and legitimate basketball publication, I've been disappointed of late.

Now with that said, they have had a number of comments saying that Alabi is, reportedly, working out in Florida and looking very good. Supposedly there was more to his knee issue last year than was let on.

Personally I hope that is true and he can become a solid rotational piece. He had a tremendous defensive career at FSU. HOWEVER - I'll believe it when I see it. I saw nothing from him last year that inspires me in the least, sadly.

Comment

add to list sign tyson chadler?

Comment

Two of Tyson Chandler's many options
              1. Re-sign with the World Champion Mavericks
              2. Sign with the bottom feeder Raptors

What's the appeal in #2?

Comment

I am really, really hoping that the Jazz-Raptors rumor comes to life and we send our #5 to Utah for Al Jefferson and #12.

I think that Jefferson would be great to man the middle, and could fit either either Bargs or Ed. Plus, if we got Singleton or Burks or just about any other SG/SF options available at that slot, I don't think the product will be that much less than Leonard.

Trade Calderon and Amir for Beasly and Flynn and I am a happy fan!

Flynn/Bayless
                DeRozan/Burks
                Beasley/Johnson
                Barganani/Davis
                Jefferson/Alabi

Comment

Why would anyone trade for Alabi? He's less valuable today than a 2nd round pick of this year's terrible draft.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

SCass wrote: View Post
                    I am really, really hoping that the Jazz-Raptors rumor comes to life and we send our #5 to Utah for Al Jefferson and #12.

I think that Jefferson would be great to man the middle, and could fit either either Bargs or Ed. Plus, if we got Singleton or Burks or just about any other SG/SF options available at that slot, I don't think the product will be that much less than Leonard.

Trade Calderon and Amir for Beasly and Flynn and I am a happy fan!

Flynn/Bayless
                    DeRozan/Burks
                    Beasley/Johnson
                    Barganani/Davis
                    Jefferson/Alabi

Wow, I would possibly hate that team. Beasley, Bargnani, Flynn and Jefferson are 4 guys I have zero interest in wanting on my team, and I'm also not a fan of Burks. And that team would probably also be worse defensively than last year's team.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      Why would anyone trade for Alabi? He's less valuable today than a 2nd round pick of this year's terrible draft.
                      I'm thinking a certain GM in Denver might have a lot of interest.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        1. Re-sign with the World Champion Mavericks
                        2. Sign with the bottom feeder Raptors

What's the appeal in #2?
                        can't raptors offer him a more attractive contract

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                          Under new CBA, who knows?

Under current contract, Dallas holds Bird's rights and could sign him for up to the MAX if they wanted. After rookie's salary and if Barbosa opts in, the most TOR could offer is around $9M.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                            Dallas can offer him anything they want. And I'm guessing money won't be the only consideration.

Besides, what on earth would a 22 win team that's rebuilding with youth want with a 30 year old center? And why would you cripple your club's future flexibility by paying him more than anyone else?
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Dallas can offer him anything they want. And I'm guessing money won't be the only consideration.

Besides, what on earth would a 22 win team that's rebuilding with youth want with a 30 year old center? And why would you cripple your club's future flexibility by paying him more than anyone else?
                              He's 28 - 29 in October. I made the same mistake as he has been around for a long time. Forgot he was drafted out of high school. Either way, I am always weary of a guy having a career year in a contract season, especially when he has an injury history.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                He's 28 - 29 in October. I made the same mistake as he has been around for a long time. Forgot he was drafted out of high school. Either way, I am always weary of a guy having a career year in a contract season, especially when he has an injury history.
                                My mistake. I still don't like him on the Raptors, including for the reason you stated.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X