View Poll Results: What do you hope or expect draft night?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade one of current young core: DD, ED, Bayless, JJ, Amir, or Alabi

    4 6.56%
  • Trade Bargnani

    31 50.82%
  • Trade Calderon

    29 47.54%
  • Draft a PG

    20 32.79%
  • Draft a wing

    12 19.67%
  • Draft a post

    24 39.34%
  • get another lotto pick

    32 52.46%
  • get a mid-late 1st round pick

    14 22.95%
  • Barbosa opts in, then traded

    11 18.03%
  • Use remaining Bosh TPE (up to $9.056M)

    21 34.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Raptor Draft Night Hopes and Expectations

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    1. Re-sign with the World Champion Mavericks
    2. Sign with the bottom feeder Raptors


    What's the appeal in #2?
    can't raptors offer him a more attractive contract

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    can't raptors offer him a more attractive contract
    Under new CBA, who knows?

    Under current contract, Dallas holds Bird's rights and could sign him for up to the MAX if they wanted. After rookie's salary and if Barbosa opts in, the most TOR could offer is around $9M.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    can't raptors offer him a more attractive contract
    Dallas can offer him anything they want. And I'm guessing money won't be the only consideration.

    Besides, what on earth would a 22 win team that's rebuilding with youth want with a 30 year old center? And why would you cripple your club's future flexibility by paying him more than anyone else?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Dallas can offer him anything they want. And I'm guessing money won't be the only consideration.

    Besides, what on earth would a 22 win team that's rebuilding with youth want with a 30 year old center? And why would you cripple your club's future flexibility by paying him more than anyone else?
    He's 28 - 29 in October. I made the same mistake as he has been around for a long time. Forgot he was drafted out of high school. Either way, I am always weary of a guy having a career year in a contract season, especially when he has an injury history.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He's 28 - 29 in October. I made the same mistake as he has been around for a long time. Forgot he was drafted out of high school. Either way, I am always weary of a guy having a career year in a contract season, especially when he has an injury history.
    My mistake. I still don't like him on the Raptors, including for the reason you stated.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Wow, I would possibly hate that team. Beasley, Bargnani, Flynn and Jefferson are 4 guys I have zero interest in wanting on my team, and I'm also not a fan of Burks. And that team would probably also be worse defensively than last year's team.
    I wouldn't necessarily want those guys on my ideal team either (especially Beasley), but they are all buy-low candidates. Without giving away our core assets, we're going to have trouble acquiring proven, young talent. Beasley could flourish in an environment where he could be 'the man,' and we're not going to get a big, proven, 26 year old center like Jefferson anywhere else (especially at a decent price). Utah has a loaded front court, and I would like to capitalize on that.

    Flynn might not work, but hey, then we also have Bayless. And whether you like it or not, I think that the Casey hiring is a signal that for at least this coming season, we're going to try and work with, not against Bargnani.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SCass wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily want those guys on my ideal team either (especially Beasley), but they are all buy-low candidates. Without giving away our core assets, we're going to have trouble acquiring proven, young talent. Beasley could flourish in an environment where he could be 'the man,' and we're not going to get a big, proven, 26 year old center like Jefferson anywhere else (especially at a decent price). Utah has a loaded front court, and I would like to capitalize on that.

    Flynn might not work, but hey, then we also have Bayless. And whether you like it or not, I think that the Casey hiring is a signal that for at least this coming season, we're going to try and work with, not against Bargnani.
    All are buy low candidates for a reason. Beasley isn't going to increase in value any more than he is. He's going into his fourth season and actually had a pretty decent season, and he's still not a valuable trade asset. The guy averaged 19 ppg. I don't see him doing much more than that.

    And the Amir and Calderon for Beasley and Flynn deal is beyond horrible. Amir and Calderon are both better than either Beasley or Flynn. And both are good team guys. Amir, especially, is a 24 year old, athletic big man with an excellent work ethic and a very good contract. He'd be close to untouchable for me, and you want to trade him for an inefficient scorer who does nothing else well, is a poor defender and possibly has mental problems?

    Calderon for Flynn I can understand, as Flynn is a young player whose stock is probably as low as its going to be, and Calderon is verging on 30 with a bad contract. And even that I'd think twice about because Calderon is a much better player.

    As for Jefferson, Minnesota basically gave him away for nothing and now Utah is apparently thinking about doing the same. There's probably a reason for that. He's not a good defender, is a black hole on offense and apparently doesn't have a very good work ethic (which is probably why he's been given away once already).

    Having a team of Beasley, Bargnani and Jefferson would turn the development of the team back and create a horrible atmosphere for the team. And at a time when Colangelo (and pretty much the entire fanbase) wants to focus more on defense, you want to trot out possibly the worst defensive starting five in history.

    No. I really don't like it.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    All are buy low candidates for a reason. Beasley isn't going to increase in value any more than he is. He's going into his fourth season and actually had a pretty decent season, and he's still not a valuable trade asset. The guy averaged 19 ppg. I don't see him doing much more than that.

    And the Amir and Calderon for Beasley and Flynn deal is beyond horrible. Amir and Calderon are both better than either Beasley or Flynn. And both are good team guys. Amir, especially, is a 24 year old, athletic big man with an excellent work ethic and a very good contract. He'd be close to untouchable for me, and you want to trade him for an inefficient scorer who does nothing else well, is a poor defender and possibly has mental problems?

    Calderon for Flynn I can understand, as Flynn is a young player whose stock is probably as low as its going to be, and Calderon is verging on 30 with a bad contract. And even that I'd think twice about because Calderon is a much better player.

    As for Jefferson, Minnesota basically gave him away for nothing and now Utah is apparently thinking about doing the same. There's probably a reason for that. He's not a good defender, is a black hole on offense and apparently doesn't have a very good work ethic (which is probably why he's been given away once already).

    Having a team of Beasley, Bargnani and Jefferson would turn the development of the team back and create a horrible atmosphere for the team. And at a time when Colangelo (and pretty much the entire fanbase) wants to focus more on defense, you want to trot out possibly the worst defensive starting five in history.

    No. I really don't like it.
    Hmmm, a pylon, a ballhog and a dopehead. Sounds like ingredients for a party.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Hmmm, a pylon, a ballhog and a dopehead. Sounds like ingredients for a party.
    What the hell kind of parties do you go to? And I don't want to know what you do with the pylon.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  10. #50
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Please don't explain what you do with the pylon...

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Avoiding "pylon" talk, we all understand with BC anything can happen. :lol: It has been mentioned a few times in this thread. As enough time has passed on this last horrid year, I have found patience again. We really really do not want another team overhaul. Bring back most of the guys, make a few changes and look to next years draft.

    Do I want Williams or Irving? Following the talk and information of the last few months I feel pretty comfortable in believing maybe no one in this draft is really that good. Some in the top 10 will be successful. Good luck picking those out. So focus on moving Barney, drafting the best guy who shows up unless you are damn sure and going forward with a better roster, but also one that has some consistency from the previous year.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trade Calederon..Bargnani..Triano..Barbosa..Alabi...T.P. E For Kobe Bryants Sneakers Signed..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •