Thread: Raptors Tried To Recruit JVG

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Tried To Recruit JVG

The Raptors must really be committed to incorporating defense into their future game plans.

Before deciding on Mavs assistant coach Dwane Casey to take over for Jay Triano, Toronto president Bryan Colangelo talked to Jeff Van Gundy about the post.

If that wasn't a dead giveaway that the Raptors are going to at least try to change their ways and address the most important end of the court, perhaps just as revealing was whom Colangelo didn't interview.
    Source: nydailynews.com

Post Thanks / Like

This article says we opted for Casey. Has there been an official announcement that I missed? lol

Post Thanks / Like

As a GM would you not at least "Talk" to lots of different people to get a feel for how the head coaching job is perceived. I am sure if BC had run into Phil Jackson he would have said "Hey Phil, you sure you don't want to coach again". I am not sure talking to JVG means anything.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This will be his second head coaching position, and sometimes coaches are just better their second time around.
    Talk about jumping the gun.. or do they have prolific crystal ball? This article was written on Saturday.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

good to see BC changing his ways "run and gun" never won championships, defense wins championship, i would of been really pissed if he went after D'antoni

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    As a GM would you not at least "Talk" to lots of different people to get a feel for how the head coaching job is perceived. I am sure if BC had run into Phil Jackson he would have said "Hey Phil, you sure you don't want to coach again". I am not sure talking to JVG means anything.
    It means he talked to Van Gundy about his interest in the job. Lots of people have mentioned he should be considered and here is a source saying he was. It also further illustrates the change in philosophy.

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Talk about jumping the gun.. or do they have prolific crystal ball? This article was written on Saturday.
    Really though. I guess it could have something to do with the fact that the Raptors are really high on Casey while the Pistons are high on Frank and Woodson. Casey sounds like the top dog on the Raptors list and that's not the case for the Pistons' list.

Post Thanks / Like

nice to see he at least asked, i guess.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yah, he was my ideal choice so it is nice that he was at least asked. It also shows that BC attempted to get a guy with a lot more experience but that there was no interest.
    I'm happy with Casey if he really has the job, he has a ring and has something to prove with us. He shouldn't have been fired from the Wolves job (even if him and Garnett didn't see eye to eye) and this is his chance to prove it.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Thread Information