Dwight Howard Criticizes How Coaching Staff Used Arenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard Criticizes How Coaching Staff Used Arenas

The All-Star center had some praise Saturday for teammate Gilbert Arenas and was critical of the use the coaching staff made of him in Orlando.

“I don’t think our coach used him the right way, but I think he can do a lot of great things for our team,” Howard said. “He promised me this summer he was going to get better, physically and mentally, so he can come back and have an awesome year. I’m looking forward to that.

“I just felt like he didn’t get the opportunity to play his style but also play with me. I think he needed to. I think he got a couple of opportunities to do it in the playoffs, but it was kind of too late. So I think he will be great for us.”
    Source: HoopsHype.com

i wonder if dwight has ever watched arenas play
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would hope so seeing how they play for the same team and all.

Comment

did he really play though?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It goes to show that great athletes aren't necessarily members of Mensa. The Magic trading for Arenas was won of the biggest head scratchers of last season. What were they thinking?
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I dont think so, Arenas was one of the deadliest shooters in the NBA during his prime. And we all know that shooting is one of the last things to go as players ages. Im sure that Arenas will have a roll change and during this summer work hard to officially bring him into the veteran part of his career. He's not going to take nights over, thats dwights job now. He does have the ability to compliment his centre very well though, and itd be a cool come back story if they start to play well
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

i wouldn't say hes a great shooter. hes a volume shooter. thing is when he gets hot, theres few players who are more unguardable.

problem is, he hasn't been like that in years.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

before getting traded he was steadily coming into form, started off jacking up shots, but right before he got traded he was making them like his old self. He ended up averaging 17ppg 6 ast and 1 steal for washington after his injury and before the trade. If he can learn to take less shots, better shots, and learn to play in the orlando offence i believe he can give a lot to his team
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Enough is enough. People need to start listening to this guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X