Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Irving can still be ours

Post Thanks / Like

Default Irving can still be ours

Word is the Cavs are getting hot for Williams. Meaning Irving would tumble all the way to those Jazz dorks unless WE trade up with the twolves for #2. BC has openly said he thinks Irving and Williams are the only 2 sure things in the draft. IF the cavs do take Williams what do you think the odds are BC goes hard for the #2?

I'm getting all hot and bothered just thinking about it.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This draft has got to be one of the strangest i've seen in a while.. When was the last time the consensus first overall dropped?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If Irving falls to #2, I think about 10 teams go hard to make that trade. No doubt BC will be one of them, but I'm not sure we've got the assets to win a bidding war for that pick, unless we're willing to move DeRozan (and Irving for the #5 + DeRozan is a move I wouldn't make).

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess it's just a ploy by the Cavs to mess everybody up. Who's going to want to trade for Minny's #2 if they don't know who they're gonna get.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't remember where I read it, I'll have to look for it, but word is that Cavs GM wants Irving, and Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert wants Williams. I think they'll definitely take Irving, coach Scott probably agrees.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

jeskeets J.E. Skeets by timpchisholm
    RT @WFNYScott: Chad Ford reporting that #Cavs have committed to Kyrie Irving. Sorry, D-Will hopefuls; we told you not to get your hopes up.
    10 minutes ago
    Looks like Cleveland might now be committed to Irving, but who the hell knows...

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if we could somehow get irving that would be insane!! maybe package our pick + a player or two miny already has rubio so i dont see why they would need irving

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tank wrote: View Post
    Can't remember where I read it, I'll have to look for it, but word is that Cavs GM wants Irving, and Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert wants Williams. I think they'll definitely take Irving, coach Scott probably agrees.
    CAVALIERS' ATTITUDE
    Maybe it's only a smokescreen, but word came out of Cleveland this past week that there is a split on whom the Cavs will take with the No. 1 pick in Thursday's draft. GM Chris Grant wants Kyrie Irving, the Duke playmaker out of West Orange, N.J. But owner Dan Gilbert is said to favor Arizona forward Derrick Williams.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz1PqidGbMi
    Source NY Daily News

It was in the same article that Apollo posted about the Raps contacting JVG. At least that's where I read it. Not sure how much truth there is to it. However, when an owner disagrees w/ his GM the owner usually wins, because he is, you know, the boss. See the Melo trade!
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Mon Jun 20th, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think that it is 50-50 whether this is true or just pre-draft bs
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember the Vince Carter for Jamison trade on draft day... Something like that could go down

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

im ok with walker i dont even think irving is that good he didnt even play that many games whats all the hype about

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah, and how's this for an F-bomb of a news item!!

The Raptors, according to sources, have strong interest in Bismack Biyombo as an athletic defensive presence to pair with Andrea Bargnani.

Biyombo began his North American workouts on Monday, with the Raptors visiting him in New York. Biyombo is scheduled to be in a big workout for the Pistons on Tuesday and then meet with the Knicks back in New York on Wednesday.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1PrmBaf6N

BC, please stop appeasing this player! Please!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

chad ford said that eh
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Oh, yeah, and how's this for an F-bomb of a news item!!

The Raptors, according to sources, have strong interest in Bismack Biyombo as an athletic defensive presence to pair with Andrea Bargnani.

Biyombo began his North American workouts on Monday, with the Raptors visiting him in New York. Biyombo is scheduled to be in a big workout for the Pistons on Tuesday and then meet with the Knicks back in New York on Wednesday.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1PrmBaf6N

BC, please stop appeasing this player! Please!
    Why are you hating on Bismack?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Any One That Thinks Irving Will Fall To #2 Is Dumber Then Jim Carry In The Movie"Dumb And Dumber"

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Why are you hating on Bismack?
    Because any move that is predicated by one player is flawed. Are we drafting Kemba for Derozan's sake? If not, why are we drafting a player with limited skillset except rebounding for yours truly. The last time I checked, teams draft for the team, not the one player they are hoping to grow. You can surround franchise players with a complement of free agents. Unfortunately, we know that AB ain't a franchise player but a 10 Mil 6th man.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Because any move that is predicated by one player is flawed. Are we drafting Kemba for Derozan's sake? If not, why are we drafting a player with limited skillset except rebounding for yours truly. The last time I checked, teams draft for the team, not the one player they are hoping to grow. You can surround franchise players with a complement of free agents. Unfortunately, we know that AB ain't a franchise player but a 10 Mil 6th man.
    Limit skill set? He's the best defender, blocker and one of the best rebounder in this draft. The only think he's lacking is O which we don't really need right now. He is 18, there is no saying he wont get better on O either. He has stuff you can't teach like a natural feel of D, hustling and working hard.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Limit skill set? He's the best defender, blocker and one of the best rebounder in this draft. The only think he's lacking is O which we don't really need right now. He is 18, there is no saying he wont get better on O either. He has stuff you can't teach like a natural feel of D, hustling and working hard.
    I don't think the comment was as much about Bismack as it was about Bargnani. Biyombo might be a very good rebounder and shotblocker, but by most accounts he is a huge reach at 5. And if the only reason you'd draft him is because he might cover up the liabilities of a player who really isn't that good to begin with, then that's a horrible strategy.

If they want to draft Biyombo because they feel he's the best player available, then fine. But if they want to draft him because they want to play him beside Bargnani, then that's beyond stupid.

I've used the analogy before. It's like Bargnani is like one of those weird looking, "artistic" coffee tables that doesn't go with anything, and needs to be propped up by something for it to even work, but you try and buy things that might compliment it better, when you should really just sell the damn thing because it's an ugly coffee table that doesn't even work very well anyway.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    im ok with walker i dont even think irving is that good he didnt even play that many games whats all the hype about
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3749/

By the way, don't be afraid of punctuation. It's there to help you.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information