Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Casey Hired As Raptors New Head Coach (Press conf. in post #121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Remember when he was benched in the finals in favor of Mahimi?
    Nope.

Haywood wasn't benched. He was injured.
    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Mon Jun 20, 2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Source: DallasNews.com

You know, it's funny, because over 20 years into the Mavs' franchise their track record was horrendous.

It all depends on if Colangelo gets him good soldiers.
      http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/1987.html
      That Mavs team was excellent, and had players like Sam Perkins, Derek Harper, Rolando Blackman, Declef Scrempth, and Mark Aguirre. If they'd just managed to keep Tarpley's nose clean they might have taken it all. Then they sold the ball club to Ross Perot's runt and it went to the shite-house. Didn't really recover again until Cuban bought the team. So again we see that ownership is the most important thing for any sports franchise.

Comment

"Hayword"? ... Kinda looks like you mean gordon hayward from Utah ... but since you're talking C's, you must mean Haywood - but he's not a FA ... he's under contract in Dallas for years, at a hugely overpriced $9M/yr
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

better still on Kanter if available at #5

Comment

I was thinking with the TPE. However, I am apparently in the minority..next suggestion???

Comment

i notice this hasn't been announced or even "leaked" on espn or any other site yet.

looks like apollo's buying everyone wings.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's cited on many prominent basketball writer's Twitter pages. In this day in age how often does ESPN get the scoop on stuff like this? Not often considering most writers aren't active all day every day for these big corporate sites and so they resort to Associated Press articles which are always slow to get things like this out. If it's true I expect a Paul McCartney CD in the mail

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  i notice this hasn't been announced or even "leaked" on espn or any other site yet.

looks like apollo's buying everyone wings.
                  I like extra hot!
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Dude needs some fashion advice from Bryco and Maurizio...

Comment

Put me down for jerk or buffalo butter.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

My guess is that Casey would want to draft a guy that can contribute sooner rather than later. If that's the case, then my guess is we're going for Leonard at #5. I understand we're praying for a Serge Ibaka type guy to come out of Biyombo, but it's such a coin-toss that it might not be worth the risk.

Comment

i'm even more curious on who we will draft now!

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                            Dude needs some fashion advice from Bryco and Maurizio...
                            You want to see him wearing some over sized collars?

Comment

House cleaning?

As I mentioned somewhere in the mail bag on the weekend, history suggests that a new Raptors coach will surround himself with familiar faces and I’m not exactly sure how that’ll impact Alex English, PJ Carlesimo, Micah Nori, and Roth.

I wouldn’t expect many of them to be back, to be honest.
                              Source: Doug Smith's Blog

I'd like to see Alex stick around.

Comment

Yeah I think you have to allow a new coach to bring in whomever they want, but I'm sure Casey wouldn't mind havin english and PJ on his staff.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X