Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Casey Hired As Raptors New Head Coach (Press conf. in post #121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be helpful if a mod/admin put it in the OP.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Jun 21, 2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      If he gets Bargs traded, then he's the greatest Raptor coach ever.
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
        Grange is reporting PJ is out. (sorry would post link but twitter is blocked at work!)
        http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=369539

P.J. Carlesimo is the only assistant coach who remains under contract for next season.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
          ......... The fact that Carlisle called BC in the middle of the night of their championship celebration to ask 'what can be done to make it happen' putting Casey in Toronto.....
          I thought that was a curious suggestion. What does that really mean? Carlisle was going to do cartwheels?...or...send Chandler over as part of a package?...or promise to supply BC's next shirt order? He must have had too much champagne. In any case its all good. Wonder if BC called McHale in Houston and asked him the same for PJ?

Comment

• optifan wrote: View Post
            I'm all for giving Bargs another shot with a real coach. If it doesn't happen with Casey, I'll throw in the towel, but I'd like to see what kind of year Bargs has.

And it actually would be nice to see him at PF with a true Center by his side, something Dirk has with Chandler. Hopefully we can snag someone like that.

Way too much negativity around Bargs on this site. People need to chill. We're not winning anything anytime soon so let's just be a little bit more patient.
            I thought last year was the "one more year"? Why are we constantly moving the goalposts on this guy?

I recall when it was Sam Mitchell's tough love approach that was holding back Bargnani and Triano's more relaxed approach was exactly what was needed. Now, Triano was too soft and Casey's hard-nosed approach is the answer.

Now, he needs a "real" centre. How about we put a real centre next to Ed Davis instead? Ed Davis is already a better defender, rebounder and shot blocker than Bargs. He is also a more efficient, though not as prolific, scorer. Why don't we see what Davis can do rather than waste yet another year trying to tweak every possible variable on this team to suit a guy who hasn't improved in 3 years.

Comment

• He loves DeMar. To me it sounds like Casey is probably going to expect him to step and be "the man" on offense in particular but also on defense.

Bargnani doesn't fit the team at all anymore. The writing is on the wall guys. Time to let go.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                He loves DeMar. To me it sounds like Casey is probably going to expect him to step and be "the man" on offense in particular but also on defense.

Bargnani doesn't fit the team at all anymore. The writing is on the wall guys. Time to let go.
                Yea boys DeMar is the building! He even called him a superstar. Casey has got a lot of faith in him

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  He loves DeMar. To me it sounds like Casey is probably going to expect him to step and be "the man" on offense in particular but also on defense.

The writing is indeed on the wall. However, I will believe it when he packs up his bags and leave. There's absolutely no way the AB fits in Casey's plans. I simply don't see it. I know that there's tireless efforts being made to compare Andrea to Dirk, but his lack of effort in rebounding, boxing out, weak-side help and blown rotations alone will drive Dwayne crazy.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Bargnani is the kina guy that can score 60 and still piss me off...there is something annoying about him..even his spagetti commercial is annoying..

Comment

• ESPN / AP with the pulse of the Raptor's:
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6687541

"Casey said he intends to use Triano as a "resource" and build on what he sees as a core of young talent that includes guards DeMar DeRozan and Jerryd Bayless, center Andrea Bargnani and forward Amir Johnson.

Ah, nice work. Really hit those names on the head. Way to pick out the players we respect. Did you pick names out of hat?
                      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Paul & Eric Video Blog

• Casey
                        • Roth
                        • Todd
                        • Other topics

Comment

• D-Money wrote: View Post
                          spagetti
                          It's spaghetti please... don't be wrong with THE Food
                          Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• Dwane Casey, the newly-hired head coach of the Raptors, joined Brady and Lang in the Morning to talk about the challenges ahead of the draft and how he plans to manage his new team.

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...2_093500_14032
                            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jun 22, 2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                              X