View Poll Results: Do you like the signing?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 89.36%
  • No

1 1.06%
  • Undecided

9 9.57%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Casey Hired As Raptors New Head Coach (Press conf. in post #121)

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Roughhide wrote: View Post
    Quote from his press conference: "If players aren't playing hard on the defensive end, they are going to be sitting next to me on the bench and we are going to find out why."
    They should get Bargs a "Shotgun, coach" t-shirt.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You can listen to the press conference at the Fan here:
    http://www.fan590.com/media/media.js...1_133758_16000

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i can see Casey bitch slapping bargnani during a time out.

Casey: PLAY BETTER DEFENCE!!!

Bargnani: *cries*

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Bargnani's name was mentioned often during that presser, either Toronto is blowing smoke around the league that he is par tof teh future...or the front office and new coach really think the guy can be all right.
    I really hope Colangelo doesn't think a new coach is going to change him. This is really starting to look like battered wife syndrome.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey and Bargs need their own reality show.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Casey and Bargs need their own reality show.
    it'd have to be a modern day reboot of Pinky & the Brain

Post Thanks / Like

Remember when Jean Chretien choked that protestor? I expect Casey to do that to Bargs for not boxing someone out at least once this season.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for giving Bargs another shot with a real coach. If it doesn't happen with Casey, I'll throw in the towel, but I'd like to see what kind of year Bargs has.

And it actually would be nice to see him at PF with a true Center by his side, something Dirk has with Chandler. Hopefully we can snag someone like that.

Way too much negativity around Bargs on this site. People need to chill. We're not winning anything anytime soon so let's just be a little bit more patient.
    Last edited by optifan; Tue Jun 21st, 2011 at 03:20 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote optifan wrote: View Post
    I'm all for giving Bargs another shot with a real coach. If it doesn't happen with Casey, I'll throw in the towel, but I'd like to see what kind of year Bargs has.

And it actually would be nice to see him at PF with a true Center by his side, something Dirk has with Chandler. Hopefully we can snag someone like that.

Way too much negativity around Bargs on this site. People need to chill. We're not winning anything anytime soon so let's just be a little bit more patient.
    Five years.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

this is the first time the raptors had a legit head coach

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Grange is reporting PJ is out. (sorry would post link but twitter is blocked at work!)
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Five years.
    I'm willing to give it one more year with a real coach. Its not like his trade value will get any worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Remember when Jean Chretien choked that protestor? I expect Casey to do that to Bargs for not boxing someone out at least once this season.
    Shawinigan handshake.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm willing to give it one more year with a real coach. Its not like his trade value will get any worse.
    will it ever realistically be higher?
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. A 21PPG, 7'0" center. His value is high now, not low.

Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be willing to wait until the deadline next season as well. No real need to pull the trigger just yet. Although I thought it was interesting to see Derozan at the press conference and no Bargs. I know he's probably in Italy but still. Could be an early sign that Bargs is out. But we do need to chill, because I also think this current team will benefit more from this "free-flowing" offense with minimal set plays. If Bargs grabs 3 more rbs a game, get more stops, and can run off those stops we'll be hard to play against with Derozan on the break and perhaps the fastest and least awkward 7 footer in the league running off stops as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Grange is reporting PJ is out. (sorry would post link but twitter is blocked at work!)
    thank god
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Paradigm Shift wrote: View Post
    Auburn Hills is sooooo far away from the City of Detroit. That's like saying no one would want to play at the ACC because Hamilton is a hole in the ground.
    It's not THAT far. I'm about five minutes away from the Palace right now, and distance-wise, Auburn Hills is more like Oakville than Hamilton. It's about a 30 minute drive.

And have you actually been to Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills/Troy? Sure, it's not bombed out like Detroit, but it's bleak as hell here. Businesses are constantly closing their doors, and the unemployment rate in the area is one of the highest in the country. If Casey is making the move alone, sure, maybe he won't care, but it's a less than optimal location for anyone with a family. And there's no comparing Detroit to Toronto, so the decision is easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    will it ever realistically be higher?
    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Exactly. A 21PPG, 7'0" center. His value is high now, not low.
    Ditto.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    It's not THAT far. I'm about five minutes away from the Palace right now, and distance-wise, Auburn Hills is more like Oakville than Hamilton. It's about a 30 minute drive.

And have you actually been to Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills/Troy? Sure, it's not bombed out like Detroit, but it's bleak as hell here. Businesses are constantly closing their doors, and the unemployment rate in the area is one of the highest in the country. If Casey is making the move alone, sure, maybe he won't care, but it's a less than optimal location for anyone with a family. And there's no comparing Detroit to Toronto, so the decision is easy.
    He really wanted to come here, and that says a lot. He works with Demar in the off-season and that says more. The fact that Carlisle called BC in the middle of the night of their championship celebration to ask 'what can be done to make it happen' putting Casey in Toronto, means it is unlikely he did that with Detroit or potentially Indiana. Since they worked closely alongside one another, it is likely Casey confided that he wanted Toronto.

Bring it on. I was pleased with the press conference, that DD was there, and with what was said. Now time to show it. I look forward to what changes happen, albeit with another mediocre season next year still to come, it is going to be another rung on the ladder of improvement.

Thread Information