Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Casey Hired As Raptors New Head Coach (Press conf. in post #121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee wrote: View Post
    Casey and Bargs need their own reality show.
    it'd have to be a modern day reboot of Pinky & the Brain

Comment

• Remember when Jean Chretien choked that protestor? I expect Casey to do that to Bargs for not boxing someone out at least once this season.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm all for giving Bargs another shot with a real coach. If it doesn't happen with Casey, I'll throw in the towel, but I'd like to see what kind of year Bargs has.

And it actually would be nice to see him at PF with a true Center by his side, something Dirk has with Chandler. Hopefully we can snag someone like that.

Way too much negativity around Bargs on this site. People need to chill. We're not winning anything anytime soon so let's just be a little bit more patient.
        Last edited by optifan; Tue Jun 21, 2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• optifan wrote: View Post
          I'm all for giving Bargs another shot with a real coach. If it doesn't happen with Casey, I'll throw in the towel, but I'd like to see what kind of year Bargs has.

And it actually would be nice to see him at PF with a true Center by his side, something Dirk has with Chandler. Hopefully we can snag someone like that.

Way too much negativity around Bargs on this site. People need to chill. We're not winning anything anytime soon so let's just be a little bit more patient.
          Five years.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• this is the first time the raptors had a legit head coach

Comment

• Grange is reporting PJ is out. (sorry would post link but twitter is blocked at work!)
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Five years.
                I'm willing to give it one more year with a real coach. Its not like his trade value will get any worse.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Remember when Jean Chretien choked that protestor? I expect Casey to do that to Bargs for not boxing someone out at least once this season.
                  Shawinigan handshake.

Comment

I'm willing to give it one more year with a real coach. Its not like his trade value will get any worse.
                    will it ever realistically be higher?
                    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Exactly. A 21PPG, 7'0" center. His value is high now, not low.

Comment

I would be willing to wait until the deadline next season as well. No real need to pull the trigger just yet. Although I thought it was interesting to see Derozan at the press conference and no Bargs. I know he's probably in Italy but still. Could be an early sign that Bargs is out. But we do need to chill, because I also think this current team will benefit more from this "free-flowing" offense with minimal set plays. If Bargs grabs 3 more rbs a game, get more stops, and can run off those stops we'll be hard to play against with Derozan on the break and perhaps the fastest and least awkward 7 footer in the league running off stops as well.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                          Grange is reporting PJ is out. (sorry would post link but twitter is blocked at work!)
                          thank god
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Paradigm Shift wrote: View Post
                            Auburn Hills is sooooo far away from the City of Detroit. That's like saying no one would want to play at the ACC because Hamilton is a hole in the ground.
                            It's not THAT far. I'm about five minutes away from the Palace right now, and distance-wise, Auburn Hills is more like Oakville than Hamilton. It's about a 30 minute drive.

And have you actually been to Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills/Troy? Sure, it's not bombed out like Detroit, but it's bleak as hell here. Businesses are constantly closing their doors, and the unemployment rate in the area is one of the highest in the country. If Casey is making the move alone, sure, maybe he won't care, but it's a less than optimal location for anyone with a family. And there's no comparing Detroit to Toronto, so the decision is easy.

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              will it ever realistically be higher?
                              Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Exactly. A 21PPG, 7'0" center. His value is high now, not low.
                              Ditto.

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
                                It's not THAT far. I'm about five minutes away from the Palace right now, and distance-wise, Auburn Hills is more like Oakville than Hamilton. It's about a 30 minute drive.

And have you actually been to Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills/Troy? Sure, it's not bombed out like Detroit, but it's bleak as hell here. Businesses are constantly closing their doors, and the unemployment rate in the area is one of the highest in the country. If Casey is making the move alone, sure, maybe he won't care, but it's a less than optimal location for anyone with a family. And there's no comparing Detroit to Toronto, so the decision is easy.
                                He really wanted to come here, and that says a lot. He works with Demar in the off-season and that says more. The fact that Carlisle called BC in the middle of the night of their championship celebration to ask 'what can be done to make it happen' putting Casey in Toronto, means it is unlikely he did that with Detroit or potentially Indiana. Since they worked closely alongside one another, it is likely Casey confided that he wanted Toronto.

Bring it on. I was pleased with the press conference, that DD was there, and with what was said. Now time to show it. I look forward to what changes happen, albeit with another mediocre season next year still to come, it is going to be another rung on the ladder of improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X