Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Casey Hired As Raptors New Head Coach (Press conf. in post #121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    haha...yeah, true. of course, he also left out '...and becomes a much more efficient offensive player, and grows a heart, i see no reason why he cant be as good as dirk.'

so, let's recap...sam mitchell (supposedly a defensive-minded & hard-nosed coach) couldn't get the *team* to play D...fired. triano replaces, and promptly also fails to get the *team* to play D, but hey, he didn't have a training camp. marc iavoroni hired (supposedly a defensive-minded coach) to shore up the D...still can't get the *team* to play D. MI fired, triano retained, bosh/hedo leave...PJ (supposedly a defensive-minded coach) is hired to shore up the D. still can't get the *team* to play D. triano takes the fall, PJ is MIA (and likely out)...casey (supposedly a defensive-minded & hard-nosed coach) is hired to shore up the D. will it have an effect on the *team*? or will he (or his lead defensive assistant) become the next fall-guy for a certain someone? so exciting, i'm waiting in breathless anticipation for the next round of excuses...i think 'he's playing out of position' is next in the cue...
    actually under sam mitchell the team played good defense, it wasnt until we fired sam mitchell that us defense became the worst in the league.
    "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
      actually under sam mitchell the team played good defense, it wasnt until we fired sam mitchell that us defense became the worst in the league.
      Under SMitch, the team was decent on D, not good. They had vets like Garbo and AP that led by example, but the drop-off after that was sizable. The last good defensive Raps squad was led by Oakley, AD and (probably my favorite Raps defender of all time) Doug Christie. Since then, there have been consecutive years amongst the bottom 8 defensive teams in the league. If Casey can get us to be a bottom 15 defensive team as opposed to a bottom 2 team, it will represent a marked improvement. With DD and JJ on the wings and Ed in the paint, we have the foundation for a decent defensive squad. All three will have to take Casey's advice to heart and work their tail off, but I have hope for this squad.

If BC can trade Bargnani for a serviceable veteran big and a late pick, that would be delicious. That would change our defensive outlook immeasurably. Bargnani has the body of a lion and the heart of a mouse. Nothing can change that.

Comment

D-Money wrote: View Post
        Everyone Is Making It SeemLike Triano Never Had A Good Team Around Him..Excuses Excuses...The Bucks Made The Playoffs Last Year And Who Do They Really Have...An Injured Bogut..The Only Thing Triano Did Is Make Us Miss The Playoffs 3 Years In A Row.Oh Yea And Be Friendly With The Players"Hey Bargnani Can You Try And Grab Some Rebounds For US bUT iF yOU cANT iTS oK..Just Try"
        Milwaukee had a lot more talent than people gave them credit for, but more important is that they had the RIGHT talent. Case in point, when they made trades to bring in MORE talent, it screwed up the chemistry and they didn't make the playoffs. Triano was given a team that could not ever be even average defensively, and that's quite the handicap.

And Bogut was healthy for the majority of that year.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
          The first two seasons under Mitchell, the Raptors were right near the bottom defensively. It was only when good defensive players were brought in that the defense improved. Then the good defensive players either left or simply got old (Anthony Parker). Triano certainly should be partly blamed, but Mitchell didn't do much better his first two years. People seem to constantly forget that.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Dwane Casey is a boss, hes gonna work Bargs so hard hes gonna fly back to italy
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Quote from his press conference: "If players aren't playing hard on the defensive end, they are going to be sitting next to me on the bench and we are going to find out why."

He's also been mentioning Demar alot and his worth ethic (works with him in the summer), also said that everyone should work to emulate Demar's work ethic, havent heard Ed Davis come up yet
              Last edited by Roughhide; Tue Jun 21, 2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Lol

Comment

rapsfan2011 wrote: View Post
                  Will Casey get bananna to play some defense this season? doubtful. Bench him until he learns to run back and play defense.
                  then he's going to be benched for the next five years.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

At the news conf: This is the first time that I have heard the HC of the Raptors say everything that I ever felt a coach should emphasize. The guy seems to have a "presence" and the team is going to feel it.

Comment

• Bargnani's name was mentioned often during that presser, either Toronto is blowing smoke around the league that he is par tof teh future...or the front office and new coach really think the guy can be all right.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Roughhide wrote: View Post
                        Quote from his press conference: "If players aren't playing hard on the defensive end, they are going to be sitting next to me on the bench and we are going to find out why."
                        They should get Bargs a "Shotgun, coach" t-shirt.

Comment

• You can listen to the press conference at the Fan here:
                          http://www.fan590.com/media/media.js...1_133758_16000

Comment

• i can see Casey bitch slapping bargnani during a time out.

Casey: PLAY BETTER DEFENCE!!!

Bargnani: *cries*

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani's name was mentioned often during that presser, either Toronto is blowing smoke around the league that he is par tof teh future...or the front office and new coach really think the guy can be all right.
                              I really hope Colangelo doesn't think a new coach is going to change him. This is really starting to look like battered wife syndrome.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Casey and Bargs need their own reality show.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X